Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 10:27 AM

2,440 posts, read 5,759,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomvang View Post
Dave's at Common Grounds in Cazenovia is quite good, Emma's in Caz is also good, but in kind of a soup nazi way, they stop serving breakfast at 10:45 sharp, not one second past that. They also are not too keen on subsitutions.
So it's better than the Dave's Diner in Manlius? We've never had a good experience there... cold eggs, pancakes with "debris" and/or all-around cranky waitresses. "<groan> Sure- I can top off your coffee." And we'd really LOVE to love it. It's so stinkin' close.

One of our neighbors goes to the diner that's tucked back in the Sno-Top plaza in the village every morning... we've never been but it must be decent. He's meticulous in everything. I even caught him weeding my collard greens and tomato plants one morning, while he was out on a walk with his wife. HA! (Erm. Thanks?) :P
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2011, 10:53 AM

1,544 posts, read 3,620,695 times
Thanks Boomvang and Proulxfamily for the suggestions. I haven't heard good things about Dave's Diner in Manlius, however their location at the Common Gounds building in Caz looked very nice, at least from the outside.

Old 06-17-2011, 12:35 PM

845 posts, read 1,688,126 times
The Eggplant is still nice, food is decent and it's always impeccably clean. I have not been to Rise 'n Shine but am good friends with Lonnie and Dave Chu - if they vouch for it that's good enough for me. I tried Stella's last weekend for the first time. Clean, efficient and large portion for the price but the food was "meh." I won't return

Thanks "ch" for the suggestion of Collamer Stop 'n Shop as a chicken source. It's a bit of a drive for me on a weekend (on weekdays it's the closest place to my office other than McShane's or Barbagallo's) but might be worth it. I'm up to 15 to 18 adults and about 6 kids for the get-together - darned if I'm going to cook (other than firing up the grill!)

Old 06-18-2011, 09:31 AM

580 posts, read 1,173,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce View Post
Does anyone know of a good breakfast place that serves omelets in the eastern suburbs besides Friendly's, IHOP and Denny's. I've heard of several places along Manlius Center Road in East Syracuse and Dave's Dinner in Manlius. My only hesitation about trying those places is that I don't want food that is very greasy. Sometimes the national chains put less grease on their omelets. I'd like to avoid a hole in the wall place or somewhere frequented by trash. One of the few nice things about the NYC area is that there are many greek diners that are spacious, modern, and have fairly decent breakfast food.
All Night Egg Plant, all the way.

Phaelon, I've always had good luck with the fried chicken from Sam's Chicken Land in Solvay.

Last edited by Cleveland Park; 06-18-2011 at 09:34 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 06-19-2011, 06:15 PM

18 posts, read 28,466 times
Peppino's and Alessandro's - both on the NorthSide - both excellent.

Old 06-25-2011, 11:34 AM

104 posts, read 214,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proulxfamily View Post
So it's better than the Dave's Diner in Manlius? We've never had a good experience there... cold eggs, pancakes with "debris" and/or all-around cranky waitresses. "<groan> Sure- I can top off your coffee." And we'd really LOVE to love it. It's so stinkin' close.

One of our neighbors goes to the diner that's tucked back in the Sno-Top plaza in the village every morning... we've never been but it must be decent. He's meticulous in everything. I even caught him weeding my collard greens and tomato plants one morning, while he was out on a walk with his wife. HA! (Erm. Thanks?) :P
Do you mean Dad's Diner behind SnoTop? That place is closed and has been for almost 1 year. We went there the day we moved here and it was terrible. I actually like Dave's Diner in Manlius. The service is fast, the food is decent and I don't mind the waitresses.

I recently tried B'ville Diner (in B'ville, obviously). The food was okay. I wasn't a huge fan of the vibe. The little jukeboxes were a rip off.

This is kind of off topic, but if you like Mexican food, there is a great place in Chittenango - La Cocina. Right on the main drag. Simple, authentic Mexican food. They have great salsa too (if you like cilantro).

That pizza blog is great! I'm off to try Anthony's and NY Gianni's pizza this week!

Old 06-25-2011, 01:03 PM

2,440 posts, read 5,759,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTwoman View Post
Do you mean Dad's Diner behind SnoTop? That place is closed and has been for almost 1 year. We went there the day we moved here and it was terrible. I actually like Dave's Diner in Manlius. The service is fast, the food is decent and I don't mind the waitresses.

I recently tried B'ville Diner (in B'ville, obviously). The food was okay. I wasn't a huge fan of the vibe. The little jukeboxes were a rip off.

This is kind of off topic, but if you like Mexican food, there is a great place in Chittenango - La Cocina. Right on the main drag. Simple, authentic Mexican food. They have great salsa too (if you like cilantro).

That pizza blog is great! I'm off to try Anthony's and NY Gianni's pizza this week!
I've seen Mr. A go down into the village for three years... where does he go now?

We haven't tried the Dave's Diner here in a while- it wasn't worth it. lol - I'm not hard to please, I promise. You don't even need to check on us... just top off the coffee at the edge of the table. I'm not into paying $35 for a $10 breakfast - a treat for the kids - if the special-ness is going to be ruined by a cranky waitress. I can be cranky at home, all on my own, at a $25 savings. :P

Old 06-25-2011, 01:53 PM

104 posts, read 214,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proulxfamily View Post
I've seen Mr. A go down into the village for three years... where does he go now?

We haven't tried the Dave's Diner here in a while- it wasn't worth it. lol - I'm not hard to please, I promise. You don't even need to check on us... just top off the coffee at the edge of the table. I'm not into paying $35 for a $10 breakfast - a treat for the kids - if the special-ness is going to be ruined by a cranky waitress. I can be cranky at home, all on my own, at a $25 savings. :P
Try to find out where Mr. A goes and let me know!

Old 06-30-2011, 06:30 AM

1,538 posts, read 2,616,609 times
I found chicken Marsala pizza yesterday at Gino and Joes (3811 Brewerton Rd, North Syracuse, NY)
They also had a chicken alfredo pizza that was pretty darn good. Gino and Joes has the best selection of already prepared slices. I don't know if I would order a whole chicken alfredo pizza, but a slice hits the spot.

Old 06-30-2011, 07:17 AM

3,168 posts, read 5,527,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToeJam View Post
I found chicken Marsala pizza yesterday at Gino and Joes (3811 Brewerton Rd, North Syracuse, NY)
They also had a chicken alfredo pizza that was pretty darn good. Gino and Joes has the best selection of already prepared slices. I don't know if I would order a whole chicken alfredo pizza, but a slice hits the spot.
Awesome!! I'll have to check it out!

I got my chicken marsala pizza at I-Love last week and also tried their Philly Cheesesteak pizza that was very yummy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area