Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 08:01 PM

14 posts, read 20,517 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Can anyone living at westminster apartments in liverpool help me by providing their feedback

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2012, 05:47 AM

10 posts, read 13,654 times
I lived there for a year. My main complaint - and my then 5 year old daughter - was that there is no sound proofing between floors. She would stand with her hands over her ears and say "elephants! elephants!" There was a young child upstairs that ran around all day long and bang on the floor. We'd ask politely for some quiet time, but it just never happened. I'm hoping that the place is better maintained than it was back then. But not a bad complex overall.

Old 07-20-2012, 06:06 AM

3,168 posts, read 5,534,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vista7 View Post
Hi,

Can anyone living at westminster apartments in liverpool help me by providing their feedback

Thank you!
I lived in Westminster from September 2009 to September 2010 and hated every second of it. I have heard of people who love it though (member urbanplanner has relatives that live there now with no problems). I'll go into details below, but the first thing you must know is that you pay one month's deposit, but about $300-$400 of that is NON REFUNDABLE!!! They use that money for "normal wear and tear" for things like nail holes, repainting, etc. If you have any damages, it will be your deposit, minus the non-refundable, THEN minus the damages. Westminster is the only place I know of that does that and I find it a huge turnoff.

And now, for my experience -

- They have an automatic rent withdrawel program that takes it directly from your bank account every month. I signed up for this when I moved in, but management "forgot" to send the papers in even though I had filled them out and signed them. I kept calling to find out why my rent wasn't being taken out and after several calls, they realized their mistake. They then tried to charge me late fees, which I flipped out at since it was THEIR fault. After several back-and-forths and the firing of that management staff, they finally dropped it.

- There is no soundproofing whatsoever. Walls/ceilings/floors are very thin.

- I had several issues with neighbors. The 2 bedroom across the hall housed 4 college aged guys who constantly had parties and also had a habit of turning the grass into their cigarette graveyard. Neighbor upstairs liked to vaccuum at 5am on the weekends and also blasted her radio in the livingroom so she "could hear it in the shower" (yes I knocked on her door several times). This neighbor then proceeded to toss her trash out her balcony which would land on my patio. I picked it all up and threw it in front of her door. She continued doing this. I went to management to complain and they told me she was moving out so she "obviously didn't care." After she was finally gone, 2 teen/young-20s moved upstairs and blasted music at all times. Knocked on their door to give them the benefit of the doubt... they stopped for one day and then it continued. Complained to management - they talked to them. It did get better, but still happened from time to time.

- People DO NOT pick up after their pets. I had 2 dogs at the time and was very good about picking up their poop. Others, not so much. Especially in the winter time - I guess people think that because there's snow on the ground, they shouldn't have to pick up poo. That's all fine and dandy until the snow melts and all you smell is dog poo for weeks. Awesome.

- People were constantly coming on the property from neighboring complexes. Westminster has since built a fence around the entire property to prevent this from happening.

- The mouse infestation was the worst. I told management I thought I had a mouse, so they gave me poison to put down. I said absolutely not because I had 2 dogs and I was not taking the risk, so I set traps. I killed 8 mice in one night and it only stopped there because I went to bed. I told management and all they did was plug the holes with steel wool. I discovered when I was moving out that the mice had found another way in and destroyed some of my belongings.

- You have to give 60 days notice to move out (even though your lease ends on a specific date - you still need to let them know 2 months beforehand), which I found a bit odd. It's hard to find a new place 2 months in advance. I had them sign some paperwork that basically said I was giving my notice, but if I couldn't find a place in time, they would extend my lease for one month and then I had to be out. Thankfully, I found a new place before my lease end date so I was so happy to get out of there.

- If you do want to move in there, try to find an apt that faces south... that's what I had. My neighbors next to me who faced north told me that their apt was constantly moldy and damp, no sun came in whatsoever. There are actually only 2 windows in the 2BR apt - one in each bedroom, and then there's a sliding glass door in the living room.

I just saw them advertising on CL the other day and can't believe how much they're charging for rent now. It's not worth it at all, IMO. Let me know if you have any questions, I'd be glad to answer them.

Old 07-20-2012, 07:22 AM

Thank you Becca and carpenterbee for ur advice.

But most the apartments in the area are going for almost same rent. Any other apartments which are nice in the area?

Old 07-20-2012, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vista7 View Post
Thank you Becca and carpenterbee for ur advice.

But most the apartments in the area are going for almost same rent. Any other apartments which are nice in the area?
Are you looking only at apartment complexes or are you also considering flats? What are your requirements? 1BR, 2BR, etc? Do you have pets?

Old 07-20-2012, 07:44 AM

i'm open for either flats or apartments and looking for 2 bedroom and at least 1.5 bath and we have no pets.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:57 AM

655 posts, read 2,329,997 times
Default Suburbs & Syracuse Apartment Complexes

Hello vista7,

I'm sending you Suburban & Syracuse apartment information in a Private Message which you can review. If you have further questions, feel free to contact me anytime.

grdnrman

Old 07-21-2012, 09:28 AM

93,650 posts, read 124,375,652 times
Here you go: www.therentersguide.com

Old 07-21-2012, 10:08 AM

What is your price range? And are you looking for specific areas or want specific things close by? You really need to give more info in order for us to give you good info. Your previous thread said you were looking in the Franklin Square area... is that still where you'd like to end up?

Old 07-21-2012, 12:00 PM

actually we are looking for some place close to franklin square area...we currently live close to franklin sq park...but want to move out to liverpool area...rent around 1000 for 2bed/2bath or 1.5 bath

i called many places like clayton manor, ravada hill, georgian ct,brentwood all are full........i did not like them brookmanor and surrounding apartments(pls let me know if there are nice apartments there are lot of apartments concentrated in this area...)

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area