Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 02:50 PM

357 posts, read 968,412 times

Advertisements

Thanks Sean

I actually do know about the Meadowview Town Homes. Some else had told me about them and I called but they have nothing available so I was put on a wait list.

I'll check into the Galavotti townhomes and New Yorker ones. It's good to know about Sherrill and I will keep an eye out for other options in that area.

Do you happen to know of anything on the other side of the thruway near the lake or Sylvan beach that is not just seasonal rentals. I saw some beautiful Townhomes called Springbrook on the lake but they were all for purchase and not rentals, but seeing how nice they are they would probably have been out of my price range anyways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2012, 04:00 PM

2,909 posts, read 4,271,079 times
Plenty of year around rentals in the beach. BUT, take the tourists away and Sylvan Beach is kinda a dump. Plus those beautiful breezes off the lake that feel so good all Summer DO NOT feel that great in the Winter. For years my buddy lived right off RT 13 on the lake and while we had alot of fun all Summer in the Winter you can just make it from car to house without becoming a Popsicle.

The townhouses talked about above in 'Stota are all clustered around the Thruway so seriously your 10 minutes or less from the beach without the wind.

Old 07-22-2012, 05:18 PM

93,347 posts, read 123,972,828 times
I wonder about a place like this: Windmill Courts

Old 07-22-2012, 09:51 PM

655 posts, read 2,328,492 times
Default Some Good Townhomes & Apartments At New Hartford-Kirkland-Clinton NY Area

Hello beckyhuggs,

Welcome back to this area.

I read some of the discussion about a nice rental place for you and I agree with ckhthankgod & Sean. The Valenti Country Estates Apartments would be a good or best choice in Oneida. You said you would prefer a Townhome versus an apartments, unfortunately there doesn't seem to be many or any in the villages along the Thruway between Utica and Syracuse.
.................................................. .................................................. ...........................................

Valenti Country Estates Apartments
Genesee St.-Route 5
Oneida, NY 13421
.... Ph. 315-363-8590
Rent Prices & Floor Plans>>
.... www.valenticountryestates.com/floor-plans.html
Photos of complex>>
.... www.valenticountryestates.com/gallery.html
Map-Location>>
.... www.valenticountryestates.com/contact.html
.................................................. .................................................. ...........................................

Valenti looks like a very nice complex.

From Oneida, the entrance for the Thruway is either eastward at Verona OR westward at the north side of Canastota; there is NO entrance at Oneida.

I remember that the Windmill Courts Apartments used to be a motel in the past.

Because you said that you would prefer a townhome, I gathered the following information for you to consider. I agree that it is nicer when no one lives above or below a person's rental unit. The rent price for a Townhome is usually more expensive than the rent for an apartment.

I realize that you said you wanted a place in an area between Utica and Syracuse but there are advantages to living closer to your work place at Utica and then driving via Route 5 or the Thruway when you want to go to Syracuse. I'll list those advantages following the rental places that I've found for you to consider.

I've found what I think are some nice Townhomes & Apartments in the Clinton-Kirkland-New Hartford area for you to consider; that's a decent safe area. New Hartford and Clinton are 2 of the nicest towns in the Utica area; BTW, Hamilton College is located on the hilltop on the west side of Clinton. I think one of the good location Townhomes listed below might be where you would enjoy living if you can accept being closer to your workplace, nearby multiple shopping plazas, restaurants, and more entertainment/nightlife near the New Hartford area.

Lewiston Properties, Phone 315-724-0647
http://www.apartmenthomeliving.com/a...Y-13323-189037

Lewiston Townhomes
197 Clinton Road
New Hartford NY 13413

Lewiston at Meadow Lane
6 Meadow Street
Clinton NY 13323

Lewiston at White
64 White Street
Clinton NY 13323

Lewiston at Pheasants Run
100 Pheasants Run
Clinton NY 13323 (Clinton Rd.-County Rt. 32, off Route 5-Kirkland/Clarks Mills area)

Clintonview Townhomes
55 Clintonview Blvd.
New Hartford NY 13413
.... Ph. 315-724-4900

Swiss Gardens Townhomes
179 Clinton Road
New Hartford NY 13413
.... Ph. 315-724-4900

Sunset Wood Apartments
118 Genesee Street
New Hartford NY 13413
.... Ph. 315-733-1389

Wedgewood Apartments
150 Genesee Street
New Hartford NY 13413
.... Ph. 315-732-8835

Brook View Apartments
4051 Oneida Street
New Hartford NY 13413
.... Ph. 315-733-0213

Chestnut Hills Condo Apartments
4066 Oneida Street
New Hartford NY 13413
.... Ph. 315-733-0213

Advantages to living at the Clinton-Kirkland-New Hartford area are:
1.) You don't have to drive the 21 miles each direction 5 days a week to & from Oneida & work.
2.) When there is heavy snowfalling you don't have bad driving conditions to & from Oneida & work.
3.) If you live at Clinton or New Hartford, you can drive the Route 5 & Route 233 roads to Westmoreland and enter the Thruway there=don't use the longer drive from the Utica city Thruway entrance.
4.) There is excellent closeby shopping & restaurant & grocery stores & gas stations opportunities at Sangertown Square Mall, Consumers Square Plaza, Commercial Drive (Rt. 5A) businesses, and the New Hartford Shopping Center Plaza if you live at the New Hartford-Clinton area.
5.) When you want to travel from Clinton-New Hartford to Syracuse, you can either get on the Thruway at Westmoreland or drive Route 5 westward to Fayetteville/Metro Syracuse.
6.) You'll probably make some new friends at work or near Utica and if you live at New Hartford-Clinton you will be able to easier go out for nighlife/entertainment with them and NOT have to drive back to Oneida late at night.
7.) You'll save on gasoline cost and wear & tear on your vehicle, if you don't have that 42+ mile drive to-from Oneida/work every day, the drive for Mall shopping, the drive from Oneida to New Hartford for nightlife/entertainment.
8.) There's probably more advantages to living at the Clinton-New Hartford area.
You are that one who has to make the final decision where you want to live. I just wanted to point out several considerations.

Best of luck to you whatever you decide to do.

grdnrman

Old 07-23-2012, 02:01 AM

Great points grdnrman and you could possibly add Marcy and Whitestown(Whitesboro area) too. New York Mills may be another option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grdnrman View Post
Hello beckyhuggs,

Welcome back to this area.

I read some of the discussion about a nice rental place for you and I agree with ckhthankgod & Sean. The Valenti Country Estates Apartments would be a good or best choice in Oneida. You said you would prefer a Townhome versus an apartments, unfortunately there doesn't seem to be many or any in the villages along the Thruway between Utica and Syracuse.

Valenti Country Estates Apartments
Genesee St.-Route 5
Oneida, NY 13421
.... Ph. 315-363-8590
Rent Prices & Floor Plans>>
.... Valenti Country Estates Floor Plans
Photos of complex>>
.... Valenti Country Estates Gallery
Map-Location>>
.... Valenti Country Estates Contact/Map

Valenti looks like a very nice complex.

From Oneida, the entrance for the Thruway is either eastward at Verona OR westward at the north side of Canastota; there is NO entrance at Oneida.

I remember that the Windmill Courts Apartments used to be a motel in the past.

Because you said that you would prefer a townhome, I gathered the following information for you to consider. I agree that it is nicer when no one lives above or below a person's rental unit. The rent price for a Townhome is usually more expensive than the rent for an apartment.

I realize that you said you wanted a place in an area between Utica and Syracuse but there are advantages to living closer to your work place at Utica and then driving via Route 5 or the Thruway when you want to go to Syracuse. I'll list those advantages following the rental places that I've found for you to consider.

I've found what I think are some nice Townhomes & Apartments in the Clinton-Kirkland-New Hartford area for you to consider; that's a decent safe area. New Hartford and Clinton are 2 of the nicest towns in the Utica area; BTW, Hamilton College is located on the hilltop on the west side of Clinton. I think one of the good location Townhomes listed below might be where you would enjoy living if you can accept being closer to your workplace, nearby multiple shopping plazas, restaurants, and more entertainment/nightlife near the New Hartford area.

Lewiston Properties, Phone 315-724-0647
Lewiston Properties Apartments - Clinton Apartments For Rent | Clinton, NY 13323

Lewiston Townhomes
197 Clinton Road
New Hartford NY 13413

Lewiston at Meadow Lane
6 Meadow Street
Clinton NY 13323

Lewiston at White
64 White Street
Clinton NY 13323

Lewiston at Pheasants Run
100 Pheasants Run
Clinton NY 13323 (Clinton Rd.-County Rt. 32, off Route 5-Kirkland/Clarks Mills area)

Clintonview Townhomes
55 Clintonview Blvd.
New Hartford NY 13413
.... Ph. 315-724-4900

Swiss Gardens Townhomes
179 Clinton Road
New Hartford NY 13413
.... Ph. 315-724-4900

Sunset Wood Apartments
118 Genesee Street
New Hartford NY 13413
.... Ph. 315-733-1389

Wedgewood Apartments
150 Genesee Street
New Hartford NY 13413
.... Ph. 315-732-8835

Brook View Apartments
4051 Oneida Street
New Hartford NY 13413
.... Ph. 315-733-0213

Chestnut Hills Condo Apartments
4066 Oneida Street
New Hartford NY 13413
.... Ph. 315-733-0213

Advantages to living at the Clinton-Kirkland-New Hartford area are:
1.) You don't have to drive the 21 miles each direction 5 days a week to & from Oneida & work.
2.) When there is heavy snowfalling you don't have bad driving conditions to & from Oneida & work.
3.) If you live at Clinton or New Hartford, you can drive the Route 5 & Route 233 roads to Westmoreland and enter the Thruway there=don't use the longer drive from the Utica city Thruway entrance.
4.) There is excellent closeby shopping & restaurant & grocery stores & gas stations opportunities at Sangertown Square Mall, Consumers Square Plaza, Commercial Drive (Rt. 5A) businesses, and the New Hartford Shopping Center Plaza if you live at the New Hartford-Clinton area.
5.) When you want to travel from Clinton-New Hartford to Syracuse, you can either get on the Thruway at Westmoreland or drive Route 5 westward to Fayetteville/Metro Syracuse.
6.) You'll probably make some new friends at work or near Utica and if you live at New Hartford-Clinton you will be able to easier go out for nighlife/entertainment with them and NOT have to drive back to Oneida late at night.
7.) You'll save on gasoline cost and wear & tear on your vehicle, if you don't have that 42+ mile drive to-from Oneida/work every day, the drive for Mall shopping, the drive from Oneida to New Hartford for nightlife/entertainment.
8.) There's probably more advantages to living at the Clinton-New Hartford area.
You are that one who has to make the final decision where you want to live. I just wanted to point out several considerations.

Best of luck to you whatever you decide to do.

grdnrman

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 07-23-2012 at 02:48 AM..

Old 07-23-2012, 03:17 AM

A couple of places in Camden may work too: - CRM Rental Management, Inc. - Our Properties

Old 07-23-2012, 03:41 AM

Quote:
I liked the CRM Foxwood town homes but CRM lists all their properties as no pets and I have a cat so all of their places are out
That and Camden is the freakin sticks. And its snows in Camden. Holy crap does it snow in Camden.

Because of the snow NH/Clinton are gonna be best. GRDman made great points. 5 days a week she's gonna be home. She may not have friends in Utica now but she will have in short order. I don't know all the names of apartments in NH but I do know where they are and there are tons of them. As he said to shopping is better. Unless she learns to live the 100% Walmart lifestyle she's not gonna be thrilled with anywhere too far from NH.

Old 07-23-2012, 04:22 AM

And for Becky, I gotta try and explain the house rental thing.

Your seeing the effects of NY taxes there.

Lottsa people are trying to get out of NY but are buried under a house. I'm one of these people. I live in a worthless craphole house in the middle of a heartbreaking ghetto. My actual mortgage payment to the bank is pennies. But the taxes. In order to rent this dump out and just clear the payment/taxes and leave alittle for water tanks, furnaces and maintenance issues I'd have to ask a grand. Thats just to break even. So you would be saying about me how can he ask a grand for that dump?? And all I'd be doing is just paying the taxes. And still be losing money, my homes value fell another 5100$ in the last 30 days. A total of 51K in the last couple of years. And its still falling.

As a renter you have to be ruthless and look out for yourself. You don't owe these people a thing. I just want you to be aware its greedy Albany's fault and not the homeowners.

Old 07-23-2012, 05:24 AM

2,440 posts, read 5,759,591 times
I'm disappointed, Sean.

There's not nearly enough gloom in your doom-and-gloom post... you usually have a great BAM! of doom, followed by a long, drawn-out explanation of the intense, saturating gloom. This is a slushie, not gelato.

Pessimist FAIL.

Old 07-23-2012, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by proulxfamily View Post
I'm disappointed, Sean.

There's not nearly enough gloom in your doom-and-gloom post... you usually have a great BAM! of doom, followed by a long, drawn-out explanation of the intense, saturating gloom. This is a slushie, not gelato.

Pessimist FAIL.
That and he probably doesn't realize that beckyhuggs is a Syracuse(city's East Side) native that is coming back to NY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area