Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2012, 09:40 AM

160 posts, read 507,947 times

Advertisements

I'm going on a road trip from Boston -> Ann Arbor via NY. I would 've to halt in NY for the night. I'm trying to get an idea on a safe hotel/town that would be ~1-2mi from I-90. I'll be traveling with family.

My current option is to stop near W Henreitta / Batavia / Victor. Can you pls advise on hotels in these areas in terms of safety/accessibility when traveling with young children or even suggest other towns/hotels that would be safe.

Thanks for reading my post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2012, 09:42 AM

1,538 posts, read 2,623,799 times
Try the Rochester forum. Those are all Rochester suburbs and you should be just fine.

Old 07-24-2012, 09:53 AM

160 posts, read 507,947 times
Thanks, ToeJam.

Old 07-25-2012, 01:21 PM

655 posts, read 2,333,096 times
Default Motels & Hotels (Less Expensive) Interstate 90 at Syracuse - Rochester - Batavia NY State

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_junta View Post
I'm going on a road trip from Boston -> Ann Arbor via NY. I would 've to halt in NY for the night. I'm trying to get an idea on a safe hotel/town that would be ~1-2mi from I-90. I'll be traveling with family.

My current option is to stop near W Henreitta / Batavia / Victor. Can you pls advise on hotels in these areas in terms of safety/accessibility when traveling with young children or even suggest other towns/hotels that would be safe.

Thanks for reading my post.
Hello arun_junta,

If you decide to drive as far as the Syracuse area, below is a list of good, safe, nice, less expensive motels for you to consider staying. I'm also listing restaurants close to these motels. In order for the motel to save your room for your ARRIVAL >>after/past 5:00 PM<<, you must either PRE-PAY for your room with a credit card or ARRIVE before 5:00 PM. Ask the motel about their policy on this.

The driving time between W. Henreitta (Rochester) to Syracuse is ABOUT 1-1/2 hours (90 minutes).

If you belong to AAA (Automobile Association of America) and tell your motel that you belong, the motel might give you a discount (lower price) on your room price. When you check-in at the motel, you will have to show your AAA Membership Card and your drivers license.

There are also a few motels listed for the Rochester area and Batavia NY.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SYRACUSE AREA ~ Interstate 90 (New York State Thruway)

MOTELS>>>

At EXIT 36 off Interstate 90 is this motel>>

EXIT 36 go south on Interstate 81 >>ONLY 200 FEET<< and
take the 7th North Street exit:

SUPER 8 MOTEL, address: 421 - 7th North Street at Buckley Rd., Liverpool (Syracuse)
... Phone 315-451-8888

RESTAURANTS>>>
at this location

Denny's Restaurant
Burger King
Jreck Sub Sandwich Shop
Subway Sandwich Shop
Dunkin Donuts
Tim Horton's Coffee & Donuts
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MOTELS>>>

At EXIT 35 off Interstate 90 are the following Motels>>

EXIT 35 at Carrier Circle - Old Collamer Road, East Syracuse (Syracuse):

SUPER 8 MOTEL, 6620 Old Collamer Rd., East Syr.
... Phone 315-432-5612
.................................................. ...............................
MOTEL 6, 6577 Old Collamer Rd., East Syr.
... Phone 315-433-1300
.................................................. ...............................
EXTENDED STAY AMERICA, 6630 Old Collamer Rd., East Syr.
... Phone 315-463-1958
MICROTEL INN, 6608 Old Collamer Rd., East Syr.
... Phone 315-437-3500
RED ROOF INN, 6614 Thompson Rd., East Syr.
... Phone 315-437-3309
There are other more expensive motels at Old Collamer Road if you would prefer those motels. I can give you that list if you ask me to do that.

RESTAURANTS>>>
at this location

Denny's Restaurant
Joey's Italian Restaurant
Burger King
McDonald's
Pronto Joey's Pizza
Dunkin Donuts
************************************************** ***************************************
************************************************** ***************************************

ROCHESTER AREA ~ Interstate 90 (New York State Thruway)

MOTELS>>>

At EXIT 45 off Interstate 90 is the following motel>>

EXIT 45 go south on Route 96 toward Victor/Fishers NY.

MICROTEL INN, 7498 Main St., Victor/Fishers NY (Rochester)
... Phone 585-924-9240
.................................................. .................................................. ...........................................
RESTAURANTS nearby.
.................................................. .................................................. ...........................................

MOTELS>>>

At EXIT 46 off Interstate 90 are the following motels>>

EXIT 46 go north a short distance and take the Lehigh Station Road exit=turn left onto that road=a short distance to the motel.

SUPER 8 MOTEL, 1000 Lehigh Station R., Henrietta (Rochester)
... Phone 585-359-1630
MICROTEL INN, 905 Lehigh Station Rd., Henrietta
... Phone 585-334-3400
RESTAURANTS are farther north.

BATAVIA AREA ~ Interstate 90 (New York State Thruway)

MOTELS>>>

At EXIT 48 off Interstate 90 is the following motel>>

EXIT 48 go south very short distance.

SUPER 8 MOTEL, 202 Oak St., Batavia
... Phone 585-345-0800
Restaurants are nearby.
Those are some convenient economical motel and restaurant choices at the Interstate 90, SYRACUSE -ROCHESTER - BATAVIA - NY State areas.

grdnrman

Last edited by grdnrman; 07-25-2012 at 01:46 PM..

Old 07-25-2012, 03:27 PM

1,538 posts, read 2,623,799 times
There is no extra charge for bed bugs. Bring a mason jar. The kids will love them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area