Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2006, 11:29 AM
77t 77t started this thread

16 posts, read 86,845 times

Advertisements

pictures please i've read college area,liverpool like tree lined streets but would like to live close to city ....well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2006, 02:03 PM

302 posts, read 1,049,980 times
Westvale and Camillus are also very attractive areas close to the city. Maybe a ten minute drive to the city limits. Schools and public services are very good there as well.

Old 10-15-2006, 12:34 AM

3,515 posts, read 9,432,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77t View Post
pictures please i've read college area,liverpool like tree lined streets but would like to live close to city ....well
The village of Liverpool does have tree lined streets. It's a very small village of about 1,500 people, and it has sidewalks, plus it's close to Onondaga Lake Park. All the homes are old, but most look in good condition. The city is not too far away, only about 3 miles.

Not sure what other area you are referring too. If you mean Syracuse University Hill or "The Hill", it is in the city. There is a little spill over crime in that area. Due to the 40 years of a regional population stagnation caused by little job creation, the city is not in the best shape right now. I'm sure if we had a population boom, it would change because there are a lot of people with the desire to fix up the city. The area just needs to create more jobs so that the demand for housing increases in the region, thus starting a building boom and then the developers/investors will come in and start renovating the city neighborhoods. It's happened in other cities, but hasn't happen here yet because the economy has never been growing fast enough to make money renovating houses in old sometimes bad neighborhoods. I'm hoping that changes soon.

Tree lined streets close to the city... you might want to try DeWitt or Liverpool or Westvale or Camillus.

I don't have many good pictures of the village of Liverpool or the other tree lined towns but here is what I do have of the village of Liverpool:

Village of Liverpool, NY

Old 10-15-2006, 12:03 PM

161 posts, read 1,049,678 times
There is a beautiful part of the city called Sedgewick or Sedgewick farms. There are tree lined streets and stately homes, some tudors, colonials and victorians. I love that section, the only draw back is that the public school system doesn't rate well and many of the residents there send their children to private schools. Also I think down town liverpool is beautiful.

Old 10-15-2006, 12:56 PM

Glen NY, you're right Sedgewick is a nice neighborhood in the city. Syracuse does have a lot of potential. I just wish this region would have a population boom so that the transformation of the city would begin soon.

My pictures of the James Street section of Sedgewick

Old 10-16-2006, 10:59 AM
77t 77t started this thread

16 posts, read 86,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77t View Post
great pictures gang and if you guys have more from that area ,i would love to see them ...thanks for replys

Old 10-18-2006, 05:29 PM

77t, thanks!

Sorry, I made a minor mistake. I said the Village of Liverpool's population is 1,500, well actually it's 2,500.

Old 10-19-2006, 06:09 AM

3 posts, read 11,530 times
Default Consider Skaneateles

Consider Skaneateles, the StoryBook Village in the Finger Lakes. The Lake is gorgeous, the Village Turn of the Century, and the people who live here are wonderfully invilved and friendly.

Old 12-25-2007, 01:42 PM

Here is the link to the Liverpool/Town of Salina photo thread

https://www.city-data.com/forum/new-y...-pictures.html

Since then I took more photos. So it's easier to go there than post them all here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area