Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2023, 09:42 AM

3,509 posts, read 9,421,954 times

Advertisements

The Dallas, TX area isn't defined by it's 10 worst neighborhoods.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DA5q9n...Ym9yaG9vZHM%3D

Rather the Dallas, Texas area is more defined by it's suburbs especially to the North like Frisco, Plano, and more recently by Prosper. There large fortune 500 company headquarters relocating there due to its perceived desirability and friendly business climate.

The same hasn't been true for the Syracuse area. When you hear Syracuse is a dump or Syracuse is a trashy city, most likely these people are referring to what I would say are the worst neighborhoods in the Syracuse Area or the low vibrational areas. These are neighborhoods where the pride in the Syracuse Area is low since the neighborhoods don't look very nice and there is a lower quality of life compared to nicer neighborhoods with higher vibrational energy.

The Syracuse Area has a collective consciousness. It is my belief that when there are many more people in the Syracuse Area who live in higher vibrational, nicer neighborhoods than in lower vibrational, worse neighborhoods, then there will be a tipping point for the Syracuse Area.

It will be a tipping point of prosperity for the area and region. The Tipping point includes respect from visitors, a good reputation in the collective consciousness of the rest of the world and a much easier time of attracting new economic development.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2023, 09:48 AM

93,182 posts, read 123,783,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellafinzi View Post
The Dallas, TX area isn't defined by it's 10 worst neighborhoods.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DA5q9n...Ym9yaG9vZHM%3D

Rather the Dallas, Texas area is more defined by it's suburbs especially to the North like Frisco, Plano, and more recently by Prosper. There large fortune 500 company headquarters relocating there due to its perceived desirability and friendly business climate.

The same hasn't been true for the Syracuse area. When you hear Syracuse is a dump or Syracuse is a trashy city, most likely these people are referring to what I would say are the worst neighborhoods in the Syracuse Area or the low vibrational areas. These are neighborhoods where the pride in the Syracuse Area is low since the neighborhoods don't look very nice and there is a lower quality of life compared to nicer neighborhoods with higher vibrational energy.

The Syracuse Area has a collective consciousness. It is my belief that when there are many more people in the Syracuse Area who live in higher vibrational, nicer neighborhoods than in lower vibrational, worse neighborhoods, then there will be a tipping point for the Syracuse Area.

It will be a tipping point of prosperity for the area and region. The Tipping point includes respect from visitors, a good reputation in the collective consciousness of the rest of the world and a much easier time of attracting new economic development.
Syracuse like any other city/area has a mix of neighborhoods, including within city limits. I think what happens is that people go by what the news portrays and aren't familiar with the variety of neighborhoods within the city. Even within sides of town, you have variety.

Also, Syracuse actually has attract economic development and to compare it to the 4th biggest metro area in the country doesn't make sense.

Old 07-28-2023, 09:52 AM

A couple of examples of city neighborhoods:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blp6O1P5jVA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqINfFtnd4Y

Old 07-28-2023, 10:02 AM

I think the Tipping Point for Syracuse 's reputation to drastically improve, much faster growth rates and for a huge increase in pride in the Syracuse Area is about 350,000 people living in high vibrational energy neighborhoods.

Right now based on my opinion and estimates I believe there are about 200,000 people in the Syracuse Area living in high vibrational neighborhoods that I consider nice, attractive, and have a high quality of life.

I believe there are about 250,000 people living in low vibrational neighborhoods in the Syracuse area. Which in includes some suburbs and rural areas.

Old 07-28-2023, 10:22 AM

Quote:
I think the Tipping Point for Syracuse 's reputation to drastically improve, much faster growth rates and for a huge increase in pride in the Syracuse Area is about 350,000 people living in high vibrational energy neighborhoods.

Right now based on my opinion and estimates I believe there are about 200,000 people in the Syracuse Area living in high vibrational neighborhoods that I consider nice, attractive, and have a high quality of life.

I believe there are about 250,000 people living in low vibrational neighborhoods in the Syracuse area. Which in includes some suburbs and rural areas.
That is the thing. What you are stating may be a matter of opinion to some. Some may not like the northern suburbs or suburbs at all. Some may want an urban or rural environment. What is nice is that you can find all three within minutes of each other around the area.

There are also many people that don't want to grow too fast, as the infrastructure may not keep up with the growth. So, you want "smart growth". Meaning, steady population growth that doesn't put a strain on the infrastructure in the area.

Old 07-28-2023, 10:32 AM

The main advantage the Rochester, NY area has over the Syracuse, NY area is that the Rochester area already passed the tipping of much more people living in high vibrational neighborhoods than in low vibrational neighborhoods. Or maybe the Rochester area never experienced having more run down low vibe neighborhoods than nice neighborhoods.

Based on my estimates I think the Rochester, NY area only has about 250,0000 people living in low vibrational neighborhoods.......while the Rochester, NY area has about 600,000 people living in high vibrational neighborhoods.

That is probably one of the main reasons why the Rochester area has a better reputation across Upstate New York than the Syracuse Area and why it is attracting more newcomers than the Syracuse Area from across the country. And why Rochester has more pride in their city..

Old 07-28-2023, 10:37 AM

Quote:
The main advantage the Rochester, NY area has over the Syracuse, NY area is that the Rochester area already passed the tipping of much more people living in high vibrational neighborhoods than in low vibrational neighborhoods. Or maybe the Rochester area never experienced having more run down low vibe neighborhoods than nice neighborhoods.

Based on my estimates I think the Rochester, NY area only has about 250,0000 people living in low vibrational neighborhoods.......while the Rochester, NY area has about 600,000 people living in high vibrational neighborhoods.

That is probably one of the main reasons why the Rochester area has a better reputation across Upstate New York than the Syracuse Area and why it is attracting more newcomers than the Syracuse Area from across the country. And why Rochester has more pride in their city..
What are you basing all of this on? Some of this may depend on what you are referring to as well.

Both get people from across the country and world even for different reasons.

Old 07-28-2023, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
What are you basing all of this on? Some of this may depend on what you are referring to as well.

Both get people from across the country and world even for different reasons.
I'm basing the reputation and perception of the Syracuse area off comments I see in others forums, from YouTube videos, from my college years and from my family who had more regard for the Rochester area than the Syracuse Area. I have relatives who live in the southern tier of New York and their big city that is respected is Rochester, not Syracuse. Part of that is probably because Syracuse doesn't have southern suburbs so the overall influence drops of fast to the south.

Old 07-28-2023, 11:20 AM

Quote:
I'm basing the reputation and perception of the Syracuse area off comments I see in others forums, from YouTube videos, from my college years and from my family who had more regard for the Rochester area than the Syracuse Area. I have relatives who live in the southern tier of New York and their big city that is respected is Rochester, not Syracuse. Part of that is probably because Syracuse doesn't have southern suburbs so the overall influence drops of fast to the south.
That again, will depend on what and who you are referring to. I get that there are improvements that can be made, but you also can find comments that are favorable about the city/area as well from people that are completely familiar with it.

Where do they live in the Southern Tier? I ask because, I've run into many people originally from the Elmira area and other Southern Tier communities in the area. So, it looks like that will vary as well. If anything, they likely get Syracuse media and the closest airport is in the Syracuse area, if they are close to the I-81 corridor.

Old 07-28-2023, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
That again, will depend on what and who you are referring to. I get that there are improvements that can be made, but you also can find comments that are favorable about the city/area as well from people that are completely familiar with it.

Where do they live in the Southern Tier? I ask because, I've run into many people originally from the Elmira area and other Southern Tier communities in the area. So, it looks like that will vary as well. If anything, they likely get Syracuse media and the closest airport is in the Syracuse area, if they are close to the I-81 corridor.
Elmira. Also, I can put myself into other people's shoes and see from their perception and view Syracuse from their consciousness based on what they see, know and experience of the Syracuse Area and if people are only exposed to the low vibe worst neighborhoods, their perception will be negative about the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area