Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 10:17 PM

3,512 posts, read 9,426,438 times

Advertisements

Had to share this with Y'all. The following attached file has been making it's way around offices in the Syracuse area for over a year now. Original source unknown. I found a couple websites where you can view it on the internet. So here it is. Syracuse, NY (Area) Barbie

Manlius Barbie: This princess Barbie is sold only at Fayetteville Towne Center. She comes with an assortment of Kate Spade Handbags, a Lexus SUV, a long-haired foreign dog named Honey and a cookie-cutter house. Available with or without tummy tuck and face lift. Workaholic Ken sold only in conjunction with the augmented version. Manlius Barbie is easily exchanged, and occasionally mistaken for Skaneateles Barbie.

Baldwinsville Barbie: The modern day homemaker Barbie is available with Ford Wind star Minivan and matching gym outfit. She gets lost easily and has no full-time occupation. Traffic jamming cell phone sold separately.

Northside Barbie: This recently paroled Barbie comes with a 9mm handgun, a Ray Lewis knife,a Chevy with dark tinted windows, and a Meth Lab Kit. This model is only available after dark and must be paid for in cash (preferably small, untraceable bills) ..unless you are a cop, then we don't know what you are talking about.

Skaneateles Barbie: This yuppie Barbie comes with your choice of BMW convertible or Hummer H2. Included are her own Starbucks cup, credit card and country club membership. Also available for this set are Shallow Ken and Private School Skipper. You won't be able to afford any of them.

Oswego Barbie: This pale model comes dressed in her own Wrangler jeans two sizes too small, a NASCAR t-shirt and tweety bird tattoo on her shoulder. She has a six-pack of Bud light and a Hank Williams Jr. CD set. She can spit over 5 feet and kick mullet-haired Ken's butt when she is drunk. Purchase her pickup truck separately and get a confederate flag bumper sticker absolutely free.

Fulton Barbie: This tobacco-chewing, brassy-haired Barbie has a pair of her own high-heeled sandals with one broken heel from the time she chased beer-gutted Ken out of Oswego Barbie's house. Her ensemble includes low-rise acid-washed jeans, fake fingernails, and a see-through halter-top. Also available with a mobile home

Westcott Street Barbie: This doll is made of actual tofu. She has long straight brown hair, arch-less feet, hairy armpits, no makeup and Birkenstocks , or combat boots with white socks. She prefers that you call her Willow. She does not want or need a Ken doll, but if you purchase two Northside Barbies and the optional Subaru wagon, you get a rainbow flag bumper sticker for free.

South Side Barbie: This Barbie now comes with a stroller and infant doll. Optional accessories include a GED and bus pass. Gangsta Ken and his 1979 Caddy were available, but are now very difficult to find since the addition of the infant.

Salina Street Barbie/Ken: This versatile doll can be easily converted from Barbie to Ken by simply adding or subtracting the multiple snap-on parts.

See links for photos:
Birds & Music: Syracuse Barbies
Nocturnal Malevolence

All 9 Barbie’s are spot-on IMO... there's a thread of truth in each of the descriptions. Just hilarious!

Disclaimer...these over the top stereotypes are not meant to offend anyone.

Last edited by bellafinzi; 03-05-2009 at 04:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2008, 09:55 AM

97 posts, read 416,892 times
The Mashall Street Barbie should be the same as the Manlius Barbie, only richer. She should wear either a short skirt and cowboy boots, tight blouse and leggings (or whatever is the most recent college trend from Long Island), or a Syracuse University top, fashionably remade to show more cleavage, with a fake tan.

Everybody knows that the hippies hang out on Westcott St., Marshall St. is for college kids.

Old 08-04-2008, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmbell View Post
The Mashall Street Barbie should be the same as the Manlius Barbie, only richer. She should wear either a short skirt and cowboy boots, tight blouse and leggings (or whatever is the most recent college trend from Long Island), or a Syracuse University top, fashionably remade to show more cleavage, with a fake tan.

Everybody knows that the hippies hang out on Westcott St., Marshall St. is for college kids.
You're right! I caught that too. I believe the author mistakenly said Marshall Street Barbie... all the while meaning Westcott Street Barbie.

Last edited by bellafinzi; 03-05-2009 at 04:58 PM..

Old 08-04-2008, 10:54 PM

Location: Unlike most on CD, I'm not afraid to give my location: Milwaukee, WI.
1,789 posts, read 4,154,051 times
Shouldn't the southside Barbie be portrayed with.. let's see... how can I put this....
Maybe with a little bit darker complexion???
Or maybe not. I am sure whoever thought up these Syracuse Barbies wouldn't want to offend anyone

Old 08-05-2008, 08:35 PM

93,292 posts, read 123,941,088 times
Default Perhaps.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkool View Post
Shouldn't the southside Barbie be portrayed with.. let's see... how can I put this....
Maybe with a little bit darker complexion???
Or maybe not. I am sure whoever thought up these Syracuse Barbies wouldn't want to offend anyone

It is the side of the city that is predominately Black, but still has other groups as well.

Old 03-05-2009, 05:09 PM

Wish they had made a Barbie for Cazenovia, Cicero, Camillus, and East Syracuse.

People from Cazenovia, Cicero, and Camillus all have a distinct mental image in my mind, but I doubt I'd be successful at putting it into words.

Clay is just too much of a melting pot. No one Barbie could define it IMO.

Old 03-05-2009, 06:47 PM

357 posts, read 968,329 times
hmmm, Clay a melting pot?? I've never heard it called that before, other things yes, but not melting pot. Im sure someone can do a N. Syracuse, Liverpool, and clay Barbie. Anyone want to try?

Old 03-05-2009, 07:05 PM

93,292 posts, read 123,941,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckyhuggs View Post
hmmm, Clay a melting pot?? I've never heard it called that before, other things yes, but not melting pot. Im sure someone can do a N. Syracuse, Liverpool, and clay Barbie. Anyone want to try?
True....While Clay is more "diverse" economically and ethnically than almost all of the other suburban towns, I wouldn't say it is close to being a "melting pot". It's pretty much the North Side 30 years ago demographically, give or take.

Old 03-05-2009, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckyhuggs View Post
Not with ethic groups, but rather in class. The Town of Clay has $400,000 homes basically across the street from $80,000 homes. There is no way to generalize a whole town of 60,000 people which ranges from the Casual Estates mobile home park to a subdivision with $350,000 to $450,000 homes (one house in a development I'm thinking of is close to a million $ - owned by a doctor I believe).

North Syracuse and Liverpool are not the same as Clay. There are no new upscale subdivisions in the villages of N. Syracuse and Liverpool.

I live in a subdivision in Clay which houses minorities, upper middle class, blue collar, white collar, "Oswego Barbie" and young professional couples all living in homes built in the 1970s.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:05 AM

2,440 posts, read 5,759,133 times
Cicero Barbie- This doll is your classic Italian-American princess. (Actual Italian heritage not required.) She's dressed in low slung hip huggers, tight belly tee, studded belt, and she comes with her very own Bedazzler. Jeep Liberty or Dodge Neon available in black or pink with an assortment of pseudo-feminist bumper stickers. Don't mess with Cicero Barbie; her 4 older brothers will kick your a$$. (Her one younger brother, Mitch, plays lacrosse and can be found at the Cobblestone on any weekday night.)
*Also sometimes confused with Queens Barbie.

Cazenovia Barbie- Amber-tressed Cazenovia Barbie is your iconic Student. J.Crew jeans and Benetton's oxford tees and peacoats are her uniform. She comes with a vast array of "eclectic" scarves and hairstyles, reminiscent of Audrey Hepburn and Grace Kelly. Common Grounds coffee house is optional. However, by night, this doll turns into a high class floozy. Trouser jeans, sequined Banana Republic top, and kitten heels are NOT optional. Nor is her just-under-an-eighth film canister of Mary Jane... because the cops won't arrest her for so little if she's caught.
*If cocaine is found, purchase of Rich Daddy required.

I don't know Camillus well enough to have a distinct image of a teen girl. East Syracuse and Clay are BOTH melting pots, IMO, because you have the icky parts of the village along with trailer parks and nicer old-people neighborhoods and developments near the high school. East Syracuse is *really* the ESM school district.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area