Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2008, 08:49 AM

2 posts, read 3,978 times

Advertisements

i am a single 30 yr blk f with 1 pre teen and 1 infant that might be moving to the town of syracuse to work. can any one tell me what town with a large population , safe schools and adult night life i should move to. pluse that i would feel comfortable in(mixed community) also is there help with childcare expenses up there and how do u apply
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2008, 12:21 PM

93,231 posts, read 123,842,121 times
Well, Syracuse is actually a city of about 140,000. I think you would like the Westcott neighborhood of Syracuse. It's a very mixed neighborhood that is relatively safe and has a nice business district as well. There are some good schools for that area too. It is close to Syracuse University as well. I believe there is a childcare facility at a neighborhood church called Erwin First United Methodist Church. Here's a listing of childcare facilities in the area:Syracuse Child Care Services in Syracuse NY Yellow Pages by SuperPages

Day Care Centers Syracuse NY | Day Care Facilities Syracuse

Syracuse, NY, Child Care Day Care Yellow Page Listings

Some other areas to check out are: the Eastwood neighborhood of Syracuse, the Liverpool area, the DeWitt area, the Nedrow area and some of the East side of Syracuse neighborhoods like the Salt Springs, Meadowbrook, University and Outer Comstock neighborhoods. Here's some more information for you to check out:Syracuse, New York - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

https://www.nystart.gov/publicweb/Co...ounty=Onondaga (broken link)

Onondaga County School Districts (http://www.ongov.net/About/schools/ - broken link) , Lyncourt UFSD Home (http://lyncourt.cnyric.org/ - broken link)

OCNA

Syracuse University: Government and Community Relations - Neighborhood Groups

Syracuse University: Government and Community Relations - Community Centers

Syracuse University: Government and Community Relations - The Neighborhood

Home - Lincoln Hill Neighborhood Association, Syracuse, NY

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Eastwood Neighborhood Association Home (http://www.eastwoodneighbor.com/East...tion_Home.html - broken link)

Last edited by Yac; 08-22-2013 at 07:11 AM..

Old 11-25-2008, 12:29 PM

2 posts, read 3,978 times
thanks alot its hard trying to do everything from a comp

Old 11-25-2008, 02:25 PM

93,231 posts, read 123,842,121 times
I hear ya. Here is some more information that might be helpful:Longley Jones Management Corp. - Apartments - - -

Syracuse Apartments for rent in NEW YORK | ApartmentFinder.com

POWER 106.9 - Today's R&B 'n' Old Skool (You can find out things that are going on in the community here)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area