Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 04:07 PM

93,375 posts, read 124,009,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelynnA View Post
The place on James. If it's the Sno den. Then that is a registered sex offender building. I wouldn't live on james unless I was as far as Eastwood.
Actually, there are a bunch past the Snowden going to Eastwood that are fine. You'll see them across from the TV stations and by the Sedgwick neighborhood and Bryant and Stratton. I would look past Lodi going away from Downtown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2010, 04:11 PM

28 posts, read 64,830 times
Chad. If you are seriously considering moving to Syracuse you should also think about Pros vs. Cons.
Syracuse University is an amazing institution.
City schools are not so desirable. (In my opinion)
Syracuse has beautiful neighborhoods as well as impoverished.

We know these things are true for every city, no matter where you go.
Why don't you check out some statistics?
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

This is not to scare you but the amount of crimes per ca-pita vs. the national average may be intimidating Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed We trump the national average by far.

The unemployment rate is the highest it has ever been.
Syracuse, NY Economy at a Glance

Syracuse's economy has faced challenges over the past decades as industrial jobs have left the area. The number of local and state government jobs also have been declining for several years. Syracuse's top employers are now primarily in education and in the service industry.

Top employers

The top employers in the Syracuse region and the size of their workforce, as of January 1, 2008:[23]
These are just a few things to consider and the reason why I am moving to California.
Don't get me started on the long hard winters we have in upstate, and the short, muggy and hot summers. I could go on but I think you get the point.

Last edited by Yac; 03-30-2010 at 07:21 AM..

Old 03-02-2010, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelynnA View Post
Chad. If you are seriously considering moving to Syracuse you should also think about Pros vs. Cons.
Syracuse University is an amazing institution.
City schools are not so desirable. (In my opinion)
Syracuse has beautiful neighborhoods as well as impoverished.

We know these things are true for every city, no matter where you go.
Why don't you check out some statistics?
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

This is not to scare you but the amount of crimes per ca-pita vs. the national average may be intimidating Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed We trump the national average by far.

The unemployment rate is the highest it has ever been.
Syracuse, NY Economy at a Glance

Syracuse's economy has faced challenges over the past decades as industrial jobs have left the area. The number of local and state government jobs also have been declining for several years. Syracuse's top employers are now primarily in education and in the service industry.

Top employers

The top employers in the Syracuse region and the size of their workforce, as of January 1, 2008:[23]
These are just a few things to consider and the reason why I am moving to California.
Don't get me started on the long hard winters we have in upstate, and the short, muggy and hot summers. I could go on but I think you get the point.
Keep in mind that those numbers for unemployment are just for the city and not the area. They would still be lower than most right now.

Also, the crime rate is lower than many, if not, most city centers.

Keep in mind that California is hurting pretty bad too.

Then, the area is #1 out of the top 100 metros in terms of lowest foreclosures. It also ranked 15th by Forbes magazine in terms of Bang For your Buck areas.

Last edited by Yac; 03-30-2010 at 07:19 AM..

Old 03-02-2010, 04:53 PM

Also, look at Central New York Jobs at job listings relevant to you.

We also have the Say Yes to Education program in the city schools. Just pick the right schools, if you want SCSD schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area