Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 09:37 PM

35,081 posts, read 31,313,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eGeekUniverse View Post
Yeah, me too. The first time I saw that I couldn't believe someone would just destroy a nice iPad like that. As an "eGeek" the sight of destroying a new device like that made me cringe. I guess some people just have that kind of money to just throw in the trash. LOL
I'd bet my bottom dollar that this was done by a review site gifted an iPad for testing purposes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2014, 11:02 AM

16,551 posts, read 19,703,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
My iPad 3 is a bit sluggish, but I am not sure I am replacing it now. An iPad 2 would be out the door due to lack of retina display.
Surprised that is someone's must have feature. COomparing a 2 to the newest one and it's hard to see any real difference. Could be me.

Old 10-27-2014, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Surprised that is someone's must have feature. COomparing a 2 to the newest one and it's hard to see any real difference. Could be me.
The retina display was the selling point from my first gen iPad to the retina model. My air 2 is notably faster than the third gen in day to day use, but again, not absolutely critical.

Still though the magic is kind of gone from when I got my first iPad. Maybe it's because I'm accustomed to life with an iPad, and maybe it's because the iPads are not advancing as rapidly, but the air 2 is still a worthy upgrade, at least for heavy users.

Old 10-27-2014, 09:24 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,189,297 times
Quote:
My iPad 3 is a bit sluggish, but I am not sure I am replacing it now. An iPad 2 would be out the door due to lack of retina display.
Give this a try: connect it to your computer (if you have iTunes in it), then backup your iPad to your computer, then choose "Restore iPad." When you do this the iPad is restored to factory settings, and if it needs an IOS update it will reinstall the OS that is needed. The last step is usually done automatically after the "Restore" process, and that's to retrieve all of your settings, contacts, and so on from the computer and back into the iPad.

Be aware that if you have a slow modem the process will take several hours. I do this at work since we have very fast Internet service. If I do it at my house it would take around 8 hours

Follow these steps:
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1414

Old 10-31-2014, 02:53 PM

199 posts, read 261,158 times
Quote:
I'd bet my bottom dollar that this was done by a review site gifted an iPad for testing purposes.
That was my thought. Either way that was a shameful waste.

Old 11-02-2014, 12:22 PM

2,533 posts, read 4,604,417 times
Quote:
Faster processor, much faster graphics, Touch ID, and the best part of all, it comes in GOLD!

Seems like an iterative update and not revolutionary but is a good upgrade from my old iPad 3.

Apple - iPad*Air*2

I had an original mini... 16GB. I paid $200 for it like 4 months ago from Walmart...

Best Buy had a trade in special... $200 towards an iPad Air 2. So I traded and I placed the order in store... got the Gold 128GB LTE version... the only color and size that wasn't backordered for 2-3 weeks and it just so happens to be EXACTLY what I wanted. It's an extra $10 a month to add it to my VZW data plan.

My iPhone 6+ is also 128GB in Gold so they will match. Regarding the tablet... I'm really looking forward to the retina display.

I've heard about the vibrations but I don't expect it to be a big issue. Fedex tracking shows a Wednesday 11/5 delivery.

Old 11-02-2014, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Give this a try: connect it to your computer (if you have iTunes in it), then backup your iPad to your computer, then choose "Restore iPad." When you do this the iPad is restored to factory settings, and if it needs an IOS update it will reinstall the OS that is needed. The last step is usually done automatically after the "Restore" process, and that's to retrieve all of your settings, contacts, and so on from the computer and back into the iPad.

Be aware that if you have a slow modem the process will take several hours. I do this at work since we have very fast Internet service. If I do it at my house it would take around 8 hours

Follow these steps:
Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support
I did this after the upgrade. Marginal to no improvement. The device is getting old and this one was abused. It is bound to be degraded at this point.

Old 11-02-2014, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
I had an original mini... 16GB. I paid $200 for it like 4 months ago from Walmart...

Best Buy had a trade in special... $200 towards an iPad Air 2. So I traded and I placed the order in store... got the Gold 128GB LTE version... the only color and size that wasn't backordered for 2-3 weeks and it just so happens to be EXACTLY what I wanted. It's an extra $10 a month to add it to my VZW data plan.

My iPhone 6+ is also 128GB in Gold so they will match. Regarding the tablet... I'm really looking forward to the retina display.

I've heard about the vibrations but I don't expect it to be a big issue. Fedex tracking shows a Wednesday 11/5 delivery.
It's not a huge issue, but is there during even talk programs like sports and talk radio. I certainly wouldn't let it deter from upgrading, but there is a tinniness in these speakers not present in my iPad 3, but no iPad speaker was ever really good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets