Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2011, 06:11 PM

1 posts, read 2,281 times

Advertisements

I might have to sublease my apartment in the summer, but not sure if the market is flooded around that time and I'll end up having to pay for those summer months when I'm not even there. If things go well, I'd be willing to let that person stay the next year, too. It's a pretty decent apartment a little further down in Pensacola Street more close to TCC. Pool, lots of trees. Seems to be a decent amount of Grad students and non-students as well as some students. I was able to sublease a different apartment last year during Spring/Summer but I think that was only because I found this person for both terms.

Do people start out in Summer @ FSU? Are there enough people starting to rent in the summer. What about International Students?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2011, 12:16 PM
TD*

1,695 posts, read 4,142,805 times
You should be ok, quite a few students stay for summer classes, but as always no one knows what might happen in your individual situation so I say it wouldnt hurt to try.

Old 01-14-2012, 12:01 PM

1,466 posts, read 3,080,207 times
done it privately twice successfully
if you are a female student try some of the sororities, they close over summer so their girls who need to be in class need rooms.

advice - get money in total up front for the entire period (parentswill normally do this) and get a deposit equal to one month. If they dont want to pay it, move on. Include utilities and make is slightly less than monthly rent. So if you play $450/mo plus utils, let it go for $425 but inc utils. You will have that cost of utils, but better less than nothing is my policy and it's worked so far.
Also leave it spotless for move in and tell them they will pay for clean up if it's not the same on departure.

Old 02-09-2015, 03:33 PM

10 posts, read 12,841 times
Not that great depending on how much you can afford.

PS .. TD* is a PR person for the city.. CLEARLY to clean up any factual statement about this city.

I would look in advance and this city is not so keen on student housing for those without a family memebr with money or credit.. just have at minimum $1500 for move in fees if you don't have parents. the buses stop running at 730. A Job? you will have to have a big social network with people that already live here , family that works where you work , transferring job or have work study. Realistically speaking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee