Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 03:49 PM

47 posts, read 426,606 times

Advertisements

Doing some research for my mom because she's concerned about my little bro going off to college there. I figured that Tallahassee would probably be safer than Miami...I mean we live in Kendall so the crime isn't all that bad, but I guess she's just worried. Any info would be helpful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2007, 05:45 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Yeap, it's safe, depending on where you live though. Just don't go into the "Southside" neighborhoods after dark (near FAMU), and there's an area called "Frenchtown" that I'd stay away from after dark as well.

Old 07-04-2007, 09:34 PM

15 posts, read 72,642 times
Yeah, if you stay with the college students at FSU you should be okay. But stay away from FAMU and "French Town" is dangerous so lock your doors if you decide to go through it.

Old 12-29-2014, 05:48 PM

2 posts, read 7,285 times
Default Quick Question

What's FAMU?

Old 12-29-2014, 09:43 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,933,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixa View Post
What's FAMU?
Florida Agricultural & Mechanical University

Old 01-20-2015, 10:35 PM

105 posts, read 353,487 times
Tallahassee is relatively safe. I certainly felt safer living there than anywhere in Atlanta. However, I wouldn't get drunk off my ass in Tallahassee. There are certainly people who might mug you or steal your stuff. You have to maintain situational awareness.

Old 01-21-2015, 06:23 AM
TD*

1,695 posts, read 4,141,935 times
Tallahassee is pretty safe, like every city, there is always crime.

Old 01-21-2015, 07:17 PM

1 posts, read 6,084 times
what's up with the "stay away from famu here?" Im from the 850. Tallahassee is like any other city in America. Famu campus is safe. You don't have to lock your doors going thru Famu what????? There are bad people when you drive thru FSU that would cause you to lock your doors. Here my advice Tallahasse is not Atlanta or Miami in terms of crime but Tallahasse also isn't small town America.

Old 01-28-2015, 05:37 PM

17,188 posts, read 15,390,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 25thdynasty View Post
what's up with the "stay away from famu here?" Im from the 850. Tallahassee is like any other city in America. Famu campus is safe. You don't have to lock your doors going thru Famu what????? There are bad people when you drive thru FSU that would cause you to lock your doors. Here my advice Tallahasse is not Atlanta or Miami in terms of crime but Tallahasse also isn't small town America.
Lol. Exactly. Tallahassee in general is VERY safe. FAMU is like any other college ground -- there are young, drunk knuckleheads. Actually, it's much safer than Suitcase City around USF in Tampa, and likewise, much safer than East Orlando around UCF.

Old 03-15-2017, 02:21 AM

10 posts, read 21,048 times
Well I have lived in Tallahassee 3 weeks now as a temporary place after I sold my home in Clearwater, and I'm on the SW side, up on High Road and I could swear I heard gunshots a couple of times in the middle of the night. lol No joking. You really have to watch your back around here, lock doors pull shades down after dark or even in the day.

I learned to make sure people think your on top of things, a couple of thugs were watching me unload my car even. I got some mace just in case. I belong to Premier fitness on Thomasville which is awesome over there and I feel comfortable on Appalachee parkway area as well but not really around here. I think I'm in the wrong part of town.

Any comments would be appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee