Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 07:06 PM

427 posts, read 1,093,518 times

Advertisements

My job is rough. I work on the south side of St. Petersburg and our clientele is a very criminal bunch. We've had several holdups since I've been there, my coworker got beat with a pistol. My workday is spent in a state of anxiety and heartburn. I'm trying to find a safer, part time job so I can take more classes at USF. I had one interview at Publix but they never called me back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2010, 08:58 PM

73 posts, read 443,637 times
I have not posted in a while but....there are jobs out there look on craiglist to begin with. THey may not be in your profession but just get any income. Try bank teller, server, busser, bartender, housekeeping, administation, cashier, etc. I have graduation with a finance degree and all i can get is a teller job. So you have to start scrapping the bottom of the job market to make an income.

I am server and will continue to be because it pays the same a professional job.

I was told the most companies dont want MBAs because they feel oblilgated to pay more money. Try not putting that on your resume and see what happens.

Old 07-24-2010, 09:09 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,067,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerbaby112 View Post
goodluck my exroommate was a massage therapist she had to take a job in one of those illegal places.

Well I am open minded. Explain more though on it.
Its funny because a thought came in my mind today about it.
I was thinking to myself about dating not going so great and how I was gonna stop giving a **** and stop being the guy chasing a stable relationship.
I actually thought about going into the adult industry since I got not a thing to lose and am not in a relationship. Funny you mention this lol.
I am just so sick of in general trying to bank on the right woman coming into my life. Women are crazy to commit to. I got nothing to lose if I ever explored the pleasuring industry of the adult world. Not being in a relationship and having women talking about me is a role I think I'd enjoy or maybe I could get involved with someone on top of it as well.. who knows. I talked with someone in Portland about my career choice going into massage and since Portland is a top adult entertainment city, he said, wow great way to get the chicks so he would know growing up there his whole life muahahaha. Of course I thought that would be without the adult industry, but I think thats what he was getting at then lol.

NTM I plan to move to Tampa. LOTS of Adult places there. They say its shady or say the average working guy in the suburbs will criticize it and how it has a bad reputation, but fact is you will be making more than some of these people so somethings good somewhere.

I of course would look for a regular job at a Spa first though.

Old 07-27-2010, 07:01 AM

427 posts, read 1,093,518 times
My job is full time, but I wish I had a part time one instead. Even if it meant fast food. My mom doesn't charge me much for rent. I could then go to school FULL time and be done with my bachelor's degree in a year and a half. Instead my days are devoted to, I don't even want to tell you what I do for confidentiality reasons. But it's about the lowest on the hierarchy of service jobs. People don't come to my job with money. They come in broke and desperate. Most of the customers are listed on that jail website. I don't want to hear about their bail bond or their light bill anymore.

Old 07-27-2010, 01:04 PM

515 posts, read 1,348,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorRain View Post
Not being in a relationship and having women talking about me is a role I think I'd enjoy or maybe I could get involved with someone on top of it as well...
I have some news for you. If you're a male who is working in the "adult" spa industry, you'll be performing your "services" on other males. The "adult" spa industry is much different from the legitimate industry, as certain shops cater to straight men (and hire women) and others cater to gay men (and hire men). There's not enough of a market for women wanting these types of "services" from men to justify places for them.

Lots of the "adult" spas also could care less about hiring licensed employees. Many of them will actually shy away from hiring licensed employees because they're afraid that someone with a license to lose might be more likely to report what goes on.

Old 07-28-2010, 04:37 AM

162 posts, read 677,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbadhair View Post
I have not posted in a while but....there are jobs out there look on craiglist to begin with. THey may not be in your profession but just get any income. Try bank teller, server, busser, bartender, housekeeping, administation, cashier, etc. I have graduation with a finance degree and all i can get is a teller job. So you have to start scrapping the bottom of the job market to make an income.

I am server and will continue to be because it pays the same a professional job.

I was told the most companies dont want MBAs because they feel oblilgated to pay more money. Try not putting that on your resume and see what happens.
It is an extremely tough job market right now, but you are what you market. One of the biggest mistakes people make on resumes and cover letters .... spelling and grammatical errors. If a finance person sent me something with errors, my first thought would be that they lacked attention to detail and would perform poorly in their job. One never knows where the next job offer might come from – maybe even one of these forums. I used to have hundreds of IT resumes cross my desk every year. Depending upon the severity of the errors, some resumes hit the trash can before I ever finished reading them.

Old 07-28-2010, 08:53 AM

214 posts, read 678,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debidibly View Post
It is an extremely tough job market right now, but you are what you market. One of the biggest mistakes people make on resumes and cover letters .... spelling and grammatical errors. If a finance person sent me something with errors, my first thought would be that they lacked attention to detail and would perform poorly in their job. One never knows where the next job offer might come from – maybe even one of these forums. I used to have hundreds of IT resumes cross my desk every year. Depending upon the severity of the errors, some resumes hit the trash can before I ever finished reading them.
It might not seem fair, but that was the initial screening done on all of the resumes which we received. That applied to all jobs, not just the more technical ones like accounting.

Typos, poor grammar, misspellings and <poof> you were gone...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay