Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 08:14 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,301,795 times

Advertisements

How about you buy a house in Lutz...in one of the "nicer areas" with CDD's attached then we'll talk about taxes.....Spring Hill is no comparison to Lutz, let alone South Tampa...the guy that lives across the street from my FIL in Fort Lauderdale close to Saw Grass pays $25k in property taxes per year.

If a degree is not important, then how come every single employer is asking for one? dying to know that one? hmmm?! and of course it is not meant for it to stand "instead" of experience...you have to work to get any experience...

He was born and raised here...and before this recession or as I call it "the excuse for employers to take advantage of employees", he was doing the same job for 65k here in FL....plus bonus

"I" know/knew it is hot here and don't like the cold either...my answer goes to people who seem to forget that and think that living here is just a non stop vacation.....not to worry, as soon as the opportunity arises we'll be out of here and to a much drier place...heat is not my issue, HUMIDITY IS.

There are more service jobs here than other professions...AND there is a discrepancy between the prices that the "professional" services offer compared to what people are paid...not all states have Income Tax...
"In the United States, each state has the right to levy its own income tax. Some states choose to charge an income tax, while others do not. The states that do not charge state income tax are Alaska, Nevada, South Dakota, Washington, Texas, Wyoming, and Florida. All other states impose some sort of state income tax. However, taxation amounts vary with each state.

In some states, income tax is not charged to individuals, yet corporations are subject to state taxes. For example, in Alaska, state income tax is not levied on individuals. However, Alaska does levy a corporate income tax. Likewise, Florida does not tax individuals, but does tax corporations. New Hampshire and Tennessee do charge a state income tax, but limit it to the taxation of interest and dividends. "

...there are service jobs everywhere...and none are paid well...it just happens that Florida has a lot more than Newark for example (DE or NJ)......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2010, 08:15 AM

371 posts, read 1,191,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
I think everyone who states that the beach is inaccessible or not worth their time to visit, live quite a ways away. .
I think that anyone that makes that many excuses (for anything) just doesnt WANT it! Period! If you want to do something bad enough, you make it happen. If you want to be miserable in your life, you make excuses why 'things are the way they are' and that's why you must stay in your miserable situation. I call Bullcrap!

Old 08-30-2010, 08:26 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Cin! View Post
I think that anyone that makes that many excuses (for anything) just doesnt WANT it! Period! If you want to do something bad enough, you make it happen. If you want to be miserable in your life, you make excuses why 'things are the way they are' and that's why you must stay in your miserable situation. I call Bullcrap!
Very well said ^^ !

Old 08-30-2010, 08:31 AM

DM me, I'll give you the run down and THEN...YOU can tell me different...it's not excuses...just facts...you all seem to think that everyone in this town is just living the high life/no responsibilities...really? did you read the article I posted above? that was 1 person with no family of her own...there are a lot more families here who live paycheck to paycheck and are stuck like this...

Old 08-30-2010, 08:43 AM

Who exactly is saying that everyone there is living the high life with no responsibilities? It seems to be YOU who is saying that people think that. Are you jealous or just bitter because of people who ARE living like that? With the income you state you have, and living in the gated community that you do, even if it is as a renter, it is not suprising that you are bitter. It must be very hard to see the other families in your area who are able to live the high life, going places, doing things that can afford to do? I am sure there are many people in Tampa that are living paycheck to paycheck, as there are many people all over the country doing the same. It is a recession all over the place, not just in Tampa or Florida in general. Just not everyone sticks their head in a hole in the ground and crys "poor me".

Old 08-30-2010, 08:47 AM

It's Cin....you couldn't be more wrong......if you wanted too...and I wish my day had 72 hours instead...gotta run...

Old 08-30-2010, 08:56 AM

So prove me wrong. Because of going off of the things you have continually said over the time I've read this forum, I don't think I am.

Old 08-30-2010, 09:21 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
Exactly. Too many people are sitting on their hands taking no action.

Quote:

Old 08-30-2010, 09:29 AM

I can't prove you wrong....because I can't say "I love humidity" when I don't...or tell other people we don't have any of that when "we do"! or that "I love to work for free or paid poorly" when I don't...and I can't say "I love traffic" when I don't...don't get me wrong, I am very much aware of other cities traffic issues such as DC/NYC, been stuck into those several times...but neither can compare to Rome...so, if you really want to see "traffic" at it's best...go to Rome......(Italy, and drive a Suburban and see on how many streets you can fit) LOLOLOL

Sure we have the best sunsets...did you not see my pictures? and there are nice areas around and it is convenient that the beaches are closer than they are to someone in South Dakota...but in my case a city has to have a bit more than that so I'll like it 100% (better public transit and not filled with homeless would be a good start)....we came here from Orlando and before that from Fort Lauderdale...so...by comparison Orlando sucks royally, crime, traffic you name it, when we moved there in 2003 it was not like that...at all, it got INVADED and DESTROYED...to bad...millions of tourists...By comparison to Fort Lauderdale/Miami, if it didn't turn all Spanish we would probably be living happily there still...LOL

so, Tampa is much better than Orlando (by a long shot, now at least) but so/so compared to Fort Lauderdale/Miami...it is better for families here than in both prior mentioned...BUT the weather is the weather I wake up every morning in PAIN...every joint is against me.....so, nope, that doesn't make me all happy go lucky.. more like ouch...and I'm not even 40 yet...can't even imagine what this humidity does to older ppl.......

Quote:
So prove me wrong. Because of going off of the things you have continually said over the time I've read this forum, I don't think I am.

Old 08-30-2010, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
...BUT the weather is the weather I wake up every morning in PAIN...every joint is against me.....so, nope, that doesn't make me all happy go lucky.. more like ouch...and I'm not even 40 yet...can't even imagine what this humidity does to older ppl.......
This makes more sence than anything else I've seen you write And explains some as well. Health can be a HUGE factor in how well you like, or dislike a place. If your health is making you miserable, it's easy for that misery to spread out to other things in your life. Feeling all over body pain? Then its easier to get irritated with traffic, the neighbors, the cost of living or just that guy on the corner asking for handouts.

I can understand because I cannot tolerate being in the cold. My entire body locks up. I cannot function. I know what it does to me so that is one reason why we will move further South. I know there is no utopia, but it will be better than here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay