Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 03:11 PM

2,602 posts, read 8,309,548 times

Advertisements

There are some great homes in 33611. Yes, Tampa is in Hillsborough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2010, 05:26 PM

503 posts, read 772,830 times
33629 is a good zip in s.tampa. General street guidelines are south of Kennedy/north of Gandy. You will get great schools in that area. Good luck!

Old 11-15-2010, 05:38 PM

Don't be afraid to go south of Gandy, though. There are plenty of great neighborhoods, just a higher number of shiftier areas than there are in the 33606, 33609, and 33629 ZIP codes. Just pay attention, I guess.

Old 11-15-2010, 05:39 PM

76 posts, read 78,360 times
That was another zip code I was looking at. I was finding some homes I was interested in, in that zip code between those streets. I like the close proximity to both workplaces.

Is there a lot to do in downtown Tampa? What about downtown St Petersburg? It seems we'd be close to both. Also, where would the nearest beaches be?

Old 11-15-2010, 05:47 PM

Downtown Tampa empties out at 5, with the exception of the Channelside District. Ybor City is about a mile northeast of the central core and is a pretty popular destination. It's busier if there's something going on at the Ice Palace (hockey and concerts) or the Performing Arts Center (concerts and plays). Downtown St. Pete has clusters of bars and restaurants along the waterfront and Central Avenue, but it also suffers from the 5 PM drain.

South Tampa is more or less equally close to all of the Pinellas beaches; the time difference is pretty negligible.

Old 11-15-2010, 05:59 PM

Are there areas with a decent nightlife? I mean I don't go out every night, but it would be nice once in awhile when the kids are away to go out.

Old 11-15-2010, 06:06 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,310,759 times
South tampa/soho is the premeir nightlife spot in the metro area. Fantastic resturants, pubs, clubs, etc- and it's walkable.

Old 11-16-2010, 10:26 AM

My wife is currently in Tampa so I've been looking at homes up here and having her drive around the streets. We seem to have found a few homes in the area north of Euclid, south of Swan, and west of Dale Mabry. My wife drove by some of these streets and said they looked nice and sent me pics and I like them as well. It seems the schools in this area are highly rated. I checked the Tampa police department website and from what I can tell, it seems there is minimal crime. I had her drive up to Oldsmar and then come into Tampa during rush hour. She said it was a long drive but nothing we aren't used to, however she says she likes South Tampa better.

It seems that in the older neighborhoods like Tampa, the streets have a lot more trees creating almost a canopy. Is this by design to make the area cooler? Tampa seems to be a little less urban than what we are used to, but I think we can make do as we have kind of transitioned out of the "urban" stages of our lives.

Old 11-16-2010, 11:03 AM

817 posts, read 2,252,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Bay FL View Post
It's in storage for the winter so I have time to decide. I do like to go tubing and the boat works well for that. Should be plenty of space in Tampa Bay to do some nice tubing all though I'm pretty much a novice boater. I never really took my boat on the Great Lakes and just stuck to inland lakes.

Is it true that you can dock your boat in St Petersburg and get out and walk around downtown? It would be pretty sweet to travel to St Petersburg by boat.
Yes, you can do that in a number of places...St Pete and Tampa downtowns both have places you can tie up to.

Tubing on Lake Tarpon is awesome.

Other than maybe the Keys, I don't think there is a better boating location in Florida than the bay area. In fact, I think it's STILL better here than the keys because there are freshwater destinations here.

Old 11-16-2010, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Bay FL View Post
My wife is currently in Tampa so I've been looking at homes up here and having her drive around the streets. We seem to have found a few homes in the area north of Euclid, south of Swan, and west of Dale Mabry. My wife drove by some of these streets and said they looked nice and sent me pics and I like them as well. It seems the schools in this area are highly rated. I checked the Tampa police department website and from what I can tell, it seems there is minimal crime. I had her drive up to Oldsmar and then come into Tampa during rush hour. She said it was a long drive but nothing we aren't used to, however she says she likes South Tampa better.

It seems that in the older neighborhoods like Tampa, the streets have a lot more trees creating almost a canopy. Is this by design to make the area cooler? Tampa seems to be a little less urban than what we are used to, but I think we can make do as we have kind of transitioned out of the "urban" stages of our lives.
That area of Tampa is pretty desirable. Lots of average middle-class familes and homes and then some upper middle-class/upper-class homes mixed in. While I'm sure the tree canopies may have been somewhat intentional, South Tampa was pretty much built-out by the 1970s (after being developed for nearly seventy years), so the trees have been able to really take root.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay