Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2010, 08:17 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,309,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Craig.. I think this is the 2nd time you posted to disagree with me when I was not disagreeing with you.
I just like to disagree with people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2010, 08:19 AM

2,363 posts, read 5,203,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigm1841 View Post
I am not comparing weather. I said that The Pacific Northwest had some of the most humid places in the country, not Coastal FL. I was quickly told that I am "dead wrong". Instead of arguing that I am right, I simply posted information backing up my original statement and refuting the beliefs of the people who simply told my I was "dead wrong" rather than researching it themselves.

Not comparing weather, just showing everyone that I am right... Again. Luckily, being right never seems to get old.
That list you used is based on extremes up until 2004/2005 lol, Not the basic individual weather facts. In that case of humidity to be felt or notices, Florida hands down is by FAR more Humid than Washington and Oregon combined.

That EXACT same website (Interesting United States Weather Facts and Extremes) you used your list for shows Florida as the most, lightning prone state, as well as the second wettest state, as well as having cities in the top 10 for humidity, as well as the thunderstorm Capital, as well as the Tornado capital. So in terns of in-climate weather and humidity of the heat and tropical and unstable nature Forida is more humid. pLus Quillayute is just a town of 750 people, get real.

Old 12-20-2010, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAm_FloridaBorn View Post
That list you used is based on extremes up until 2004/2005 lol, Not the basic individual weather facts. In that case of humidity to be felt or notices, Florida hands down is by FAR more Humid than Washington and Oregon combined.

That EXACT same website (Interesting United States Weather Facts and Extremes) you used your list for shows Florida as the most, lightning prone state, as well as the second wettest state, as well as having cities in the top 10 for humidity, as well as the thunderstorm Capital, as well as the Tornado capital. So in terns of in-climate weather and humidity of the heat and tropical and unstable nature Forida is more humid. pLus Quillayute is just a town of 750 people, get real.
You are still not looking at the facts. Re-Read what you posted, the part that I highlighted in bold. It is wrong. You could right this and it would be right:

Florida may feel more Humid than Washington and Oregon combined.

And... Just because it is a small town (forks, BTW, has about 3100 people) doesn't mean it is still not a place in this country.

What is wrong with you people that you think you can just make crap up and think it will go unchecked, then when someone does the fact checking, cites references, you still have the balls to post downright innacurate, factless information in an attempt to refute the facts.

That would be like handing you a dollar bill, and you saying "it is not a dollar". Then I tell you why it is a dollar, show you pictures of dollars from encyclopedias and US government websites, and then you go off on a tangent about five and ten dollar bills for a little bit. You still fail to understand the BASIC and PROVEN fact that it is still a dollar bill.

These are not OPINIONS people... These are FACTS. This is ACTUAL recorded, factual, legitimate information. Not an OPINION. this shouldnt even be a topic of discussion. It is cut and dry, open and closed. The truth is the truth. dont try to argue it with your opinion, it makes you sound unintelligent.

Old 12-20-2010, 08:45 AM

Quote:
You are still not looking at the facts. Re-Read what you posted, the part that I highlighted in bold. It is wrong. You could right this and it would be right:

Florida may feel more Humid than Washington and Oregon combined.

And... Just because it is a small town (forks, BTW, has about 3100 people) doesn't mean it is still not a place in this country.

What is wrong with you people that you think you can just make crap up and think it will go unchecked, then when someone does the fact checking, cites references, you still have the balls to post downright innacurate, factless information in an attempt to refute the facts.

That would be like handing you a dollar bill, and you saying "it is not a dollar". Then I tell you why it is a dollar, show you pictures of dollars from encyclopedias and US government websites, and then you go off on a tangent about five and ten dollar bills for a little bit. You still fail to understand the BASIC and PROVEN fact that it is still a dollar bill.

Florida feels and is far more noticeable as being more humid, lol that's not made up at all. What facts? They have relative humidity so what? It's built on river what do you expect? and I noted the population because when they take the humidity their not taking it from an overall area like most WELL incorporated cities, it's an extremely small area their measuring so it really should not be in a category to claim itself as most humid.

So Since you like numbers and want facts lets get some REAL measurable places as well as some up to date numbers and not just measured on EXTREME percentage, in this case Olympia takes the prize!

So in this caseModerator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Olympia Washington, Houston Texas, Eugene Oregon, Tallahassee Florida,

Last edited by Yac; 01-03-2011 at 07:17 AM..

Old 12-20-2010, 08:50 AM

Quote:

So Since you like numbers and want facts...
I do... you know why? BECAUSE THEY ARE FACTS!

Old 12-20-2010, 08:56 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
Algia... What do you feel about this scene?

Last edited by Spring Hillian; 05-04-2011 at 01:46 PM..

Old 12-20-2010, 09:02 AM

Quote:
I do... you know why? BECAUSE THEY ARE FACTS!

Sure, but look at the ACTUALITY of the situation. That number is an extreme for a river village, wtf??. But we do know multiple sources back up Olympia Washington in terms of being the most Humid city in terms of RELATIVE HUmidity. SO THAT is a fact.

Another FACT is that you were wrong in saying Washington as a whole is more Humid than the Gulf COast. One city in Washington is, but there are more cities and areas in Texas that are more humid. Another fact is Humidity is what the air feels like and how dense and heavy it is, so therefore again Florida is most humid when it comes to humidity becoming tangible (Not Literally But Damn near close).

Old 12-20-2010, 09:05 AM

Quote:
(Not Literally But Damn near close).
^^^
You should strive to never end anything you say with this statement. It will make everything else you say seem that much more credible.

Old 12-20-2010, 10:24 AM

Quote:
^^^
You should strive to never end anything you say with this statement. It will make everything else you say seem that much more credible.
Obviously you cant touch humidity though lol But Tangible in the aspect of feeling it with the rest of your body. You know it's almost like it slaps you in the face in the summer time.

Old 12-20-2010, 10:34 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,301,795 times
Is that in Tampa? or Virginia or NY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Algia... What do you feel about this scene?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay