Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 05:50 PM

2,602 posts, read 8,301,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Your compassion is taking up so much bandwidth...

/sarcasm off.
What? I should feel bad for someone who has enough gall to text while speeding down the freeway? I feel bad for the passenger, but not the driver. He/she did it to him/herself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2011, 06:02 PM

573 posts, read 970,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
This morning a nut head was driving in a BMW....not paying attention and of course she was either txt or writing/reading a txt/email....Totally forgot she was on the road....When I passed the car I noticed the handycap label hanging from her mirror....

I guess she wanted more things to happen to her....
Don't know where you are but in my state it is so easy to get a handicap plate. I constantly wonder how in the world these people can get out of a car with handicap plates with their self respect intact when they can walk normally.

Isn't it odd that we have devices where we can talk to anyone and we'd rather type out text messages instead.

I laugh at those people who go to bars and clubs and text in the club, sometimes even on the dance floor!

I also absolutely hate those people who simply have to talk while driving. Are they that insecure that they cannot be disconnected ever?

Old 02-01-2011, 07:05 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,462,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret111 View Post
What? I should feel bad for someone who has enough gall to text while speeding down the freeway? I feel bad for the passenger, but not the driver. He/she did it to him/herself.
Feel bad? Why not? Would it hurt you to have some compassion, even if somebody was being stupid? Kids do all kinds of dumb things like not wearing seatbelts, smoking, trying drugs, have unprotected sex, maxing out CC's etc. Take your pick. But I'd be hard pressed to claim I never did anything foolish at that age, and I highly doubt you could either. More than anything you're simply giving yourself an excuse to say something crappy, and that's about it.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:33 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,728,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebri View Post
Don't know where you are but in my state it is so easy to get a handicap plate. I constantly wonder how in the world these people can get out of a car with handicap plates with their self respect intact when they can walk normally.

Isn't it odd that we have devices where we can talk to anyone and we'd rather type out text messages instead.

I laugh at those people who go to bars and clubs and text in the club, sometimes even on the dance floor!

I also absolutely hate those people who simply have to talk while driving. Are they that insecure that they cannot be disconnected ever?
On the radio they were discussing the other day how young people are txt while having sex.......isn't that sad

To be honest I use the phone a lot in my car for business calls so it saves me time and at the same time use my driving time as best as I can....but I have bluetooth and I only dial a number when I'm in front of a traffic light, not during driving. It is like talking to someone else in the car. If it would be a call that requires a lot of attention I would not do it while driving....mostly the annoying calls that let you wait for a long time to get to speak with someone....many times I'm driving for at least 10 min. while being on hold, which to me is less annoying while driving than sitting behind my desk and putting on hold and hearing "how important my call is"

Old 02-03-2011, 01:36 PM

56 posts, read 185,186 times
So weird you are posting about this girl...she was a student at my university, FGCU in Fort Myers, FL and there was just a mass email sent out informing the student body of her death last week!

Old 02-03-2011, 05:35 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,728,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivermeetsanend View Post
So weird you are posting about this girl...she was a student at my university, FGCU in Fort Myers, FL and there was just a mass email sent out informing the student body of her death last week!
I'm so sorry for all the pain this is causing to family and friends....IMO the girl was very stupid and brought it on herself...but it is too harsh to not feel sorry that this had to cause death...and an injured person.

I don't know the girl and don't know if she was used to txt and drive or that this was an incident....

I havea daughter approx. that same age and as a previous poster is stating...we all have done stupid things when we were young....it is stupid..

Specially for adults who still do it and should be an example!

Scientist have said that the brain is fully developed at age 23....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay