Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 06:36 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,125,986 times

Advertisements

I don't get it. If I had a house that I was renting out and was able to get $1600/mo instead of $1300/mo for it.... I would. It's not called greed, it's called doing business.

A fair value is what people are willing to pay for it. If people don;t want to pay $1600 a month for a 4BD house, maybe they need to think about going for a 3BD house or a 3BD in an apartment complex to fit their budget.

I would love to have the 4-Door Cadillac that goes 0-60 in 4 seconds... but it is not in my budget. The retail price is too high and I'd be spending a ton in gas. So instead, I drive something not quite as nice and is more fuel efficient.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2011, 07:00 AM

463 posts, read 1,048,497 times
^I agree with this.

I think what algia is referring to is when people purposefully raising rent to be greedy.

Old 03-16-2011, 07:57 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,125,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumermarie View Post
^I agree with this.

I think what algia is referring to is when people purposefully raising rent to be greedy.

In my opinion/experience landlords raise rent more than $100/mo at the end of a lease, let along a couple $100, is when they want to get that person out of the rental, not to make more money.

Generally the type of people Landlords are trying to get rid of are ones that pay rent late, call the LL for every little tiny thing wrong, do not maintain/care for the property (lawn, trash in yard, cars in driveway, etc.) and/or upset the neighbors.

The other reason that LL may raise rent over $100 at the end of the lease is to sell the property. It's much easier to sell a vacant property than it is an occupied one.

When my lease is up I am going to ask the LL if we can go month to month since I will be house shopping. I would imagine he'll agree to that since my rent is always paid on time and I keep the property in tip top shape. It may cost me an extra $50 to go month to month... but that's fine by me.

Old 03-16-2011, 09:17 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,304,985 times
Bingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumermarie View Post
i think what algia is referring to is when people purposefully raising rent to be greedy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay