Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2011, 12:27 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,327,467 times

Advertisements

Good job to Tampa and Mrs. Pam Iorio.

Tampa crime rate drops 61.5% during Iorio's tenure
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2011, 01:02 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,314,113 times
Great. now law enforcement officers are being overpaid and underworked. Not only that, but they are now not on top of their game causing them to be a substandard force. Maybe crimes arent being reported because unemployment is so high and everyone is broke thus leaving them unable to pay phone bills, so they have no way of calling police. Maybe there are more criminals that upstanding citizens now. Of course they arent going to report themselves. Maybe TBO is in cahoots with criminals and they are reporting false information to make people believe they are safe so they let their guard down.

Just hitting all the negative ways to swing this before certian members come in here and turn this into a negative thread.

Old 03-22-2011, 01:22 PM

17,561 posts, read 39,217,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
Good job to Tampa and Mrs. Pam Iorio.

Tampa crime rate drops 61.5% during Iorio's tenure
That is really great to hear. Tampa is slowly but surely becoming a nicer and nicer city.

Old 03-22-2011, 02:06 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,856,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigm1841 View Post
Great. now law enforcement officers are being overpaid and underworked. Not only that, but they are now not on top of their game causing them to be a substandard force. Maybe crimes arent being reported because unemployment is so high and everyone is broke thus leaving them unable to pay phone bills, so they have no way of calling police. Maybe there are more criminals that upstanding citizens now. Of course they arent going to report themselves. Maybe TBO is in cahoots with criminals and they are reporting false information to make people believe they are safe so they let their guard down.

Just hitting all the negative ways to swing this before certian members come in here and turn this into a negative thread.
You forgot some.

The criminals are all taking a break to pool all of their resources so that there can be a major crime spree.

The crime rate is down in Tampa because they all moved to West Pasco which is the land of renters in 2 bedroom shoeboxes and drug dealers.

Really though, that is great news. I am curious about what changed it so drastically though. It could be helpful for other cities.

Old 03-23-2011, 07:01 AM

463 posts, read 1,054,448 times
Quote:

In that case maybe we should fix this by breaking few windows you know giving them something to do

Old 03-23-2011, 08:25 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,314,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tewas View Post
In that case maybe we should fix this by breaking few windows you know giving them something to do
haha- i remember seeing that in a thread somewhere!

on a side note, I got a ticket yesterday for cutting through a parking lot on the corner of henderson and lois because traffic was backed up, i was almost home, and i really had to pee.

I got a ticket for "cutting through private property" which is a moving violation. The cop was very nice despite giving me a ticket. He told me that the business owner complained about people cutting through the parking lot and that he and four other cops were out there pulling people over. I guess since people arent being murdered as much, they can waste time writing upstanding citizens tickets for driving through a parking lot.

My thoughts were prompted partially by the thread title, and partially by the idea of breaking their windows.

At minimum i'll prob make a few fake email addresses and post some bad reviews online about their company.

Old 03-23-2011, 05:18 PM

1,824 posts, read 8,387,902 times
Quote:
haha- i remember seeing that in a thread somewhere!

on a side note, I got a ticket yesterday for cutting through a parking lot on the corner of henderson and lois because traffic was backed up, i was almost home, and i really had to pee.

I got a ticket for "cutting through private property" which is a moving violation. The cop was very nice despite giving me a ticket. He told me that the business owner complained about people cutting through the parking lot and that he and four other cops were out there pulling people over. I guess since people arent being murdered as much, they can waste time writing upstanding citizens tickets for driving through a parking lot.
DOH! the gas station on the corner?? Seen the happen all the time there.

Kudos to the city, its been quite a work in progress to get crime handled, the local 'mini sub stations' and alot more neighborhood watches, and neighborhood involvement has helped im sure. I am a director in my City of Tampa neighborhood, and the meetings keep getting busier and busier, not just with older folks, but many new neighbors...the city really has some great active neighborhoods.(most of South Tampa, some West Tampa, the Heights hoods, and north to Wellswood and Forest Hills)

Old 03-23-2011, 06:39 PM

2,602 posts, read 8,317,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampaguy03 View Post
DOH! the gas station on the corner?? Seen the happen all the time there.
I'll admit, I've cut behind the real estate building (old Storch and Sons restaurant) in order to catch the light at San Rafael. Once, when I was particularly daring, I cut through the real estate place and then the dry cleaners just to get to Henderson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: