Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2011, 10:14 AM

17 posts, read 39,422 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone I desperately want to move out of NY and relocate to the tampa bay area. I visited my parents in brandon and also seen a little of riverview and valrico and liked it. My hubby and I have 4 kids and our loving dog which happens to be a pitbull and why it's so hard to find an apartment in a good area with good schools that will accept our dog. NY is becoming more and more hard on us seeing as that everything is going up financially, the cost of living is astronomical, and it's tough to find a job. I figure with only one of us working it would be easier to move where the cost of living is cheaper and as a nurse I probably could find a job quickly; but I don't know of any apartments in good areas willing to accept our macky boy(our pitbull). I would really appreciate any suggestions anyone could offer. Please I feel like i'm on my last leg. Thanks so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2011, 02:15 PM

7,728 posts, read 12,622,010 times
I would definitely suggest finding a job in Tampa first before you make your move. Florida has such a high unemployment rate. You don't want to put your family in an unfortunate position.

Old 07-23-2011, 05:55 AM

17 posts, read 39,422 times
Default absolutely

I would absolutely find a job first, that goes without saying. My concern was and is finding an apartment in a good area with good schools that will allow our pitbull. Thanks for the advice though.

Old 07-23-2011, 06:31 AM

1,490 posts, read 1,214,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tish870 View Post
I would absolutely find a job first, that goes without saying. My concern was and is finding an apartment in a good area with good schools that will allow our pitbull. Thanks for the advice though.
I think you might be better served to find a realtor who can maybe find a townhome or condo that might accept a PB. I had a PB as well when I originally moved to the Tampa area but my kids were not old enough to go to school & the apartment was just a short term thing. Needless to say...it wasn't a great area for schools but I found one that got us by for a little while until we found a house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay