Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 05:07 AM

1,710 posts, read 3,138,165 times

Advertisements

I'd just google all the walk-in clinics in your area and just start calling. Their prices can range wildly....I've seen some for $60 to $80 and then some for $200 and up and that's when the phone slams down.

I doubt they'll order an MRI, due to the location and the fact the pain comes and goes, but if they do I just paid $250 for a non-contrast MRI at Rose MRI and I believe I saw some finance literature in the waiting room.

Clearwater does have a free clinic, but plan on being there awhile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2012, 06:05 AM

1,409 posts, read 2,739,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Not to go too far off topic but As i live in Canada just the fact that being a Canadian resident entitles you to any healthcare you need
I was about to mention that, as gently as I could. This is such a cause of stress and worry among so many Americans, something that we Canadians don't even have to think about.

To the OP, so sorry for your plight--I hope you find some way of getting a diagnosis that you can afford!

Old 04-24-2012, 07:40 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,598,364 times
Sorry to hear you're not well, himain. I don't know where you live, but each county has a health department that treats anyone regardless of insurance or not.

If I were you, I'd treat it like a sinus infection with OTC meds and see if you get any relief from that. Of course, it could be migraines or something else.

I hope this give you some ideas and get better soon!

Old 04-24-2012, 01:49 PM

22,327 posts, read 29,411,685 times
No offense taken at all insinuating I was an illegal alien, lol. Born and raised in Miami so I'm all good and am very jealous of you Canadians just for that reason!!!

I still have the pain but its a dull ache now. What concerns me is that its still around and it's going into back of both eyes. Going to start contacting clinics tomorrow as I'm freaking myself out more and more.

Again, its much appreciated all the advice.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:00 PM

593 posts, read 890,034 times
If you are drinking diet soda especially with aspertame you need to stop immediately, It might be temporal arteritis but with that said let's move on . If you have been experiencing muscular weakness it can be a early sign of multiple sclerosis with optic nerve neuropathy( pretty unlikely) . My guess is you have optic neuritis (if you have anassociated loss of vision). The real diagnosis and treatment needs professional evaluation perhaps USF eye students can help as part of their training ? There are Free Clinics in NPR and Clearwater and the MD there may help diagnosis?

Das

Old 04-25-2012, 05:03 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,422,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaKaren View Post
Sorry to hear you're not well, himain. I don't know where you live, but each county has a health department that treats anyone regardless of insurance or not.

If I were you, I'd treat it like a sinus infection with OTC meds and see if you get any relief from that. Of course, it could be migraines or something else.

That's very good advice.

Old 04-25-2012, 06:11 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,284,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaKaren View Post

I'd get a professional to make that "treat it like a sinus infection with OTC meds and see if you get any relief from that".call as it could be the onset of a brain tumor,an aneurysm or a blood clot, lets hope not but in this case i'd not treat this condition lightly..

Old 04-25-2012, 06:13 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,187,952 times
Here is a list of free clinics in Tampa
https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C...pa+free+clinic

I have to agree it sounds more like sinus problems of course I am no doctor either but I have the same symptoms when a low front comes through. Try taking sinus meds and see if that helps.

Many hospitals will file for SSD for you if it is something serious

Old 04-25-2012, 07:20 AM

22,327 posts, read 29,411,685 times
No sodas for me-ever. Can't deal with the carbonation. I don't believe its a sinus infection at all. I feel its something else. It just started about 2 months ago and I've lived in Fl almost all my life all over it so its not allergies, etc.

I'll start calling places today. I'll keep you posted
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay