Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 06:37 PM

140 posts, read 505,241 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for a good church in Brandon / Tampa Area. Here is my Criteria

1. Sunday Church -- No Adventist or Saturday Going churches

2. Has good amount of young single adults. (I'm 28 Single, Looking for christian woman)

3. Has some sort of Singles ministry to meet christian singles of oppositie sex

4. Isn't extremely chariasmatic or strange ( no laying hands on people, or speaking in tounges)

So far I heard good things about First Baptist Brandon, but so far I haven't gone or contacted them. Has anyone ever been there or heard of it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2012, 11:29 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,128,362 times
Before I moved out of florida I attended first baptist church in brandon excellent church for meeting people . I also got a message every sunday am . you will like it .

Old 06-17-2012, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Before I moved out of florida I attended first baptist church in brandon excellent church for meeting people . I also got a message every sunday am . you will like it .
cool, thanks...I'll check it out.

If anyone else have recomendations....feel free to post

Old 06-17-2012, 07:43 PM

56 posts, read 92,025 times
So, basically, you look for a church to go pick up chicks?

Old 06-17-2012, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ListenToYourHeart View Post
So, basically, you look for a church to go pick up chicks?
This one's easy...NO!

I'm a christian, I'm single...I want a good church...where I can meet people my age. Why would I look for a church where everyone is maried and retired?? Seriously??

Old 06-19-2012, 11:46 AM

35,770 posts, read 21,134,823 times
I listen to SHOALS Babtist are they not around there in that area? great pastor, on the radio,

Old 06-20-2012, 06:33 PM

140 posts, read 334,543 times
We attended Baylife in Brandon. I worked at the pre-school there and also led the children's worship before moving to Utah last year. Pastor Mark is awesome and he is funny and down to earth in his sermons. Our family was in his life group for over a year and I can say him, his wife, and family, are for real. They are honest and upfront. Missing the Kidapalooza Vacation Bible School they have going on for our children right now. Hope you try it out.

Old 07-08-2012, 05:24 PM

5 posts, read 13,761 times
NJerseyBorn-Did you ever find a good Church in the area? I moved to Brandon in June and have been attending different Churches in the area but haven't found one that I really felt was a good connection. Just curious how your luck has been?

Old 07-13-2012, 06:08 PM

140 posts, read 334,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gd1srgone View Post
NJerseyBorn-Did you ever find a good Church in the area? I moved to Brandon in June and have been attending different Churches in the area but haven't found one that I really felt was a good connection. Just curious how your luck has been?
What are you looking for? We were looking for charismatic non-denom.

Old 07-14-2012, 06:35 PM

5 posts, read 13,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasia Ann View Post
What are you looking for? We were looking for charismatic non-denom.
I'm looking for a smaller Church, not a huge fan of the mega-Churches with the Disney world feel, non-denominational, a good mix of elders and young professionals, a friendly congregation. Not looking for a Church that teaches “Prosperity Gospel", just a nice Bible based Church.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay