Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 04:21 PM

9 posts, read 21,192 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are relocating to the area. He's office is located in Clearwater but he's in sales and his territory will be northern part of Pinellas Co.

Any recomendations on where to live? We are looking for a family oriented (safety) area with, shopping, dining, and the beach near by.

We will be there this weekend and need to some help on where to look for a rental.

Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2012, 08:16 AM

428 posts, read 1,243,748 times
Palm Harbor, Safety Harbor, Dunedin, and the Countryside area of Clearwater. are are fairly popular with families and have nice areas.

Palm Harbor has some of the "traditional" suburb communities that people seem to love- newer cookie cutter homes with pools and that sort of thing.

Countryside is not bad although I just find the adjacent highway (19) to be a total nightmare and that is where some of your shopping will be.

Dunedin has a nice downtown that is family friendly and is home to a few nice things, like the annual Celtic Fest and a nice rec area with a splash pad for the kids, etc.

Safety Harbor is where we wanted to move at one point because it had the best "small town" feel but we just couldn't find the right part of town for some reason.

These are gross generalizations obviously.... just my one or two line blurbs on my interpretation of each of these areas. I've lived in the Countryside area and visit the other areas on occasion for various reasons.

Good luck!

Old 07-18-2012, 09:41 AM

1,024 posts, read 1,801,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny carrier View Post
My husband and I are relocating to the area. He's office is located in Clearwater but he's in sales and his territory will be northern part of Pinellas Co.

Any recomendations on where to live? We are looking for a family oriented (safety) area with, shopping, dining, and the beach near by.

We will be there this weekend and need to some help on where to look for a rental.

Thanks for your help!

Safety Harbor is a GREAT family-oriented community. It has a lively little downtown area you can walk or ride your bike to, and it's one of the safer areas in Pinellas. Although it doesn't have a beach, it DOES have the bay, and the beach is only a short drive away.

What is your rental budget?

Old 07-18-2012, 12:10 PM

1,466 posts, read 3,080,207 times
Are schools important?

Old 07-18-2012, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagirl777 View Post
Safety Harbor is a GREAT family-oriented community. It has a lively little downtown area you can walk or ride your bike to, and it's one of the safer areas in Pinellas. Although it doesn't have a beach, it DOES have the bay, and the beach is only a short drive away.

What is your rental budget?

I'm not sure what we can get... but we were thinking around $1300 for a 3 bedroom.

Old 07-18-2012, 01:55 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,801,136 times
I'm not sure $1300 will get you what you want in Safety Harbor. The cheapest I've seen for a 3 bdrm is closer to 2K.

Old 07-18-2012, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavender View Post
Are schools important?
Yes, are important

Old 07-19-2012, 03:31 AM

4,696 posts, read 7,895,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjax1000 View Post
Palm Harbor, Safety Harbor, Dunedin, and the Countryside area of Clearwater. are are fairly popular with families and have nice areas.

Palm Harbor has some of the "traditional" suburb communities that people seem to love- newer cookie cutter homes with pools and that sort of thing.

Countryside is not bad although I just find the adjacent highway (19) to be a total nightmare and that is where some of your shopping will be.

Dunedin has a nice downtown that is family friendly and is home to a few nice things, like the annual Celtic Fest and a nice rec area with a splash pad for the kids, etc.

Safety Harbor is where we wanted to move at one point because it had the best "small town" feel but we just couldn't find the right part of town for some reason.

These are gross generalizations obviously.... just my one or two line blurbs on my interpretation of each of these areas. I've lived in the Countryside area and visit the other areas on occasion for various reasons.

Good luck!
I agree with this.
But I have to say , it is going to be a stretch if you find that size housing for that price.
Consider Oldsmar too.

Old 07-19-2012, 07:01 AM

428 posts, read 1,243,748 times
Schools are going to be, on average, pretty good in north Pinellas. Better than south, that is for sure. You should find several A-grade public schools in the areas of Safety Harbor, Countryside, etc.

I agree that you ought to consider Oldsmar as well.

Old 07-20-2012, 05:15 AM

Thanks everybody!!! We're flying out this morning, and we are so excited. We were able to find some houses and apts in Palm harbor. We'll be Florida residents by Monday
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay