Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2016, 07:18 PM

490 posts, read 583,463 times

Advertisements

This one used to be a gay mobile home park in St Petersburg

Map Page Tangerine Mobile Home Park, trailer park in South St Pete Florida, all home owners, all age park

I can tell you that its not in a good neighborhood, and I can only speak hearsay about how it was. It seems it could have changed hands but all the same its not a great area.

If you want to consider north of Tampa off of I-75 on 50 (Brooksville Exit) there is a gay campground which used to do year round rentals on mobile homes/camper.

Google : SAWMILL CAMPGround
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2018, 08:49 PM

46 posts, read 218,918 times
I'm fairly new here from Kentucky. To be honest, I don't see how people can afford the outrageously high lot rents that this area charges. The halfway decent parks seem to average around $500 to 600 per month just for the right to live there. Then you have the mobile home mortgage on top of that. It would probably be a wiser investment to buy a 55 plus condo that is also more safe for the tropical systems that come in during the fall. Those HOA's can be found much cheaper around $300 per month

Old 12-20-2018, 11:52 AM

9,521 posts, read 16,503,270 times
I have to agree with everything you mentioned. The lot rents are very high, and they constantly go up. Unless one is fortunate enough to own their land. Then that's how it is. Florida is not cheap, and many will take advantage of you.

I have tried to sell my mobile 3 times now in almost 4 years. All I got were down and outs looking to get it for nothing. My park has so many homes that have been for sale for months to over a year. That's the mess you can find yourself in. If you list it with real estate agents. They want $2500 commission. So if one is lucky to sell thru them. Its obvious you get nothing. The other problem many find, that do find a buyer. The park will not approve their application to live in the park. So the owner is stuck.

Your correct buy an actual home. This mobile home living is really a mistake for many.

I call it the Hotel California Mistake. (From the 70s Eagles song). You can check in, but never check out.

I'm in mine right now in this awful storm. Hoping the roof doesn't blow off, because its not insurable in this zip code.

Stick with your Condo idea, if you decide to live here. Just make sure how the insurance goes, on what you buy. It can be very costly.

Old 12-22-2018, 12:11 PM

18 posts, read 13,445 times
Why would a place to live have to conform, embrace, or endorse your own sexual proclivities? What the heck does being "friendly" mean in the first place? Most people,no matter what, if they don't like you (for any reasons) or don't want to talk with you, will invariably leave you alone or simply avoid you. It's America. Few if any people are going to get in your business unless you're bothering them.

Old 12-22-2018, 02:11 PM

9,521 posts, read 16,503,270 times
You just joined this website, and this particular thread is your first entry? OK

Old 12-22-2018, 03:16 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingoboybear View Post
Hi guys, my name is Dawayne and I am 48yrs young, I want to move to St.Pete, Tampa or Clearwater. I want to room with someone and I can certainly pay the rent. I am a retired U.S. Navy guy, very clean, respectable and appreciative. I am living in Ohio but am used to the warm climate as I recently moved from Los Angeles of 20yrs. Can anyone help? I am gay. Woohoo!
In the Navy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmGuy0jievs

Old 12-22-2018, 03:34 PM

30,395 posts, read 21,215,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
I loved that song in 1979.

Old 12-22-2018, 06:03 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,018,629 times
How about straight-friendly? Do we have any of those around?

Old 12-26-2018, 02:30 PM

144 posts, read 158,696 times
Yeah it’s called everywhere in world. “Get out of my neighborhood you sick straight breeder” has been hollered by NOBODY. Folks don’t get their homes vandalized cause they’re straight. I can understand the OP concern for not wanting to deal with that burden.

Old 08-04-2019, 02:12 PM

1 posts, read 2,193 times
I bought a place in Spanish trails village in Zephyrhills, and like it here so far..no one bothers you about who or what you are here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay