Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 04:36 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times

Advertisements

Now you guys are getting the benefits of Florida living while we in the northeast are having freezing cold temps in the low 40's to low 60's you guys have balmy temps close to 90 with humidity levels also close to 90, good day for the Beach yes. Bragging rights are now yours..
Current conditions | Hour by hour
6am
70 °F
Clear

• Feels Like: 70 °F
  • Humidity: 83%
  • Wind: 8 mph NE

• Sunrise 7:29 AM
  • Sunset: 7:01 PM
  • Barometer: 30.08 in

Afternoon

88°
Partly Cloudy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2012, 05:44 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
Not sure what the point of this thread was but I will once again point out that unless it is raining the humidity is generally much lower during the middle of the day when the temperature is warmer. Take yesterday for example, when the temperature was in the 80's midday the humidity was 45-50%. The highest the humidity got was 83% and that was when it was 69 degrees.
Nowhere around Tampa got "temps close to 90 with humidity levels also close to 90" yesterday.

Old 10-14-2012, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the awesomee View Post
you knew it was only a matter of time before these dumb threads start popping up. So for a couple weeks out of the year, the weather is nice compared to "up north". What you cheerleaders fail to realize is that there are a dozen other states where the weather is nice too, add to that maybe not everyone likes 80 degree temps ALL YEAR ROUND. I mean yea FL is cool, until you start driving around downtown St Pete and you see bums on every corner begging for change. Or someone sticks a gun in your face. I guess its a trade off, aesthetic value for comfortable temps think
I do believe he was being sarcastic as the OP does not like warm weather and thinks 40-60 degrees up north is nicer than what Tampa has right now. I am sure there are quite a few more than a dozen other states that some people think the weather is nice in but many move to Florida with weather being one of the reasons for the move. What I don't understand is why year after year the same posters post the same things about the weather, the weather has been the same in Florida for 100's of years.

And didn't St.Pete pass a panhandling law in 2010, which major metro will you not see some panhandlers or where there is no crime?

Old 10-14-2012, 07:15 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,919,924 times
the awesomee, you need to move man! a gun in your face? i dont know anyone who thats happened to!

Old 10-14-2012, 08:09 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
I do believe he was being sarcastic as the OP does not like warm weather and thinks 40-60 degrees up north is nicer than what Tampa has right now. I am sure there are quite a few more than a dozen other states that some people think the weather is nice in but many move to Florida with weather being one of the reasons for the move. What I don't understand is why year after year the same posters post the same things about the weather, the weather has been the same in Florida for 100's of years.

And didn't St.Pete pass a panhandling law in 2010, which major metro will you not see some panhandlers or where there is no crime?
Cant seem to win with you can i if i say the weather is too hot you take it as a personal insult,and go on a tirade about people coming to Florida and complaining about the heat,
Then if i make a topic pointing to the main reason why every one is in Florida in the first place you take me to task for being sarcastic.
The point of the topic is to show every one who hates the cold up north that theres an alternative
I thought the weather forecast for today was a very good example of just how good that potential alternative could be if warm weather is what you like,,..
As for =
Quote:
What I don't understand is why year after year the same posters post the same things about the weather, the weather has been the same in Florida for 100's of years.
You being one of those posters as you certainly seem to enjoy putting in your same $0.02 to the same posters on the same topic year after year.

Last edited by jambo101; 10-14-2012 at 08:25 AM..

Old 10-14-2012, 08:26 AM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Weather still sucks in my book. We have a blocked weather pattern,, no real fronts and no rain. It sure beats our reverse west wind flow we are stuck in for 4.5 months, but it's still too hot.

Old 10-14-2012, 08:27 AM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Cant seem to win with you can i if i say the weather is too hot you take it as a personal insult,and go on a tirade about people coming to Florida and complaining about the heat,
Then if i make a topic pointing to the main reason why every one is in Florida in the first place you take me to task for being sarcastic.
The point of the topic is to show every one who hates the cold up north that theres an alternative
I thought the weather forecast for today was a very good example of just how good that potential alternative could be if warm weather is what you like,,..
As for =
You being one of those posters as you certainly seem to enjoy putting in your same $0.02 to the same posters on the same topic year after year.
You can't win with that guy. No need to even bother with him.

Old 10-14-2012, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
As for =
I won't get too much in to this as it is always the same.
Please show a post where I took it as a personal insult, you can't.
My first post merely pointed the inaccuracies of your temperature and humidity and the fact that this topic has been done over and over. You have every right to post what you did and I have every right to respond if it is within the TOS.

Old 10-14-2012, 09:25 AM

1,725 posts, read 3,463,477 times
The weather has been PERFECT. Hot in the Sun, sure...but sit in the shade at 1:00 PM and it is GREAT! Was thinking last night about 5 or 6 PM, felt exactly like San Diego weather!

This is the start of my 6 months of WHY I LIVE IN FLORIDA!!!

Old 10-14-2012, 10:01 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfer View Post
The weather has been PERFECT. Hot in the Sun, sure...but sit in the shade at 1:00 PM and it is GREAT! Was thinking last night about 5 or 6 PM, felt exactly like San Diego weather!

This is the start of my 6 months of WHY I LIVE IN FLORIDA!!!
Couldn't agree more! ^^^^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay