Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 10:17 AM

205 posts, read 293,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the awesomee View Post
you knew it was only a matter of time before these dumb threads start popping up. So for a couple weeks out of the year, the weather is nice compared to "up north". What you cheerleaders fail to realize is that there are a dozen other states where the weather is nice too, add to that maybe not everyone likes 80 degree temps ALL YEAR ROUND. I mean yea FL is cool, until you start driving around downtown St Pete and you see bums on every corner begging for change. Or someone sticks a gun in your face. I guess its a trade off, aesthetic value for comfortable temps
Those dozen other states you mention are either landlocked or have a minuscule amount of coastline (except California), therefore the inner land's temps trend more towards the extremes. Same goes for the desert in places like Arizona and New Mexico, where in the winter it actually goes freezing there several times. The unique thing about FL is our temps are influenced by water temps more than any other state. I don't mind fluxes in temp but most people from elsewhere love the stability you get here. So unless you live in Cali, southeast Texas, or New Orleans, you can't really compare the weather quality, at least from now til April.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2012, 10:33 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
My first post merely pointed the inaccuracies of your temperature and humidity
You are questioning the validity of todays weather forecast?
Tampa weather forecast | Tampa Bay Times

Feel free to write em a letter and bring their inaccuracies to light.

Old 10-14-2012, 10:48 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
temps close to 90 with humidity levels also close to 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
Take yesterday for example, when the temperature was in the 80's midday the humidity was 45-50%. The highest the humidity got was 83% and that was when it was 69 degrees.
Nowhere around Tampa got "temps close to 90 with humidity levels also close to 90" yesterday.
Quote:
You are questioning the validity of todays weather forecast?
Tampa weather forecast | Tampa Bay Times

Feel free to write em a letter and bring their inaccuracies to light.
Didn't question the forecast, I questioned your claim of temps close to 90 with humidity levels close to 90.

Unless of your you are going to claim that you were speaking of entirely different times of the day and that you did not mean the 90 temp and 90 hum. were at5 the same time.

Old 10-14-2012, 10:53 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
OK then Humidity levels at 6am were in the mid 80's for Tampa and forecast high is 88 , I'm sure if you call the weather office they'll fill in the decimal points for you as well.

Last edited by jambo101; 10-14-2012 at 11:14 AM..

Old 10-14-2012, 02:41 PM

1,818 posts, read 1,528,781 times
Quote:
sn't it great. Every morning I thank gawd that I'm so privileged to live in a place that I can run the AC for nearly the whole year. Here in mid october, while the rest of the country is opening up their windows, I get to indulge in the wonderful drone of my window AC unit. Also I don't have to dress up here in nice slacks and a pretty sweater like other places. I get to look like W/T 365 days a year here in a wife beater and flip flops. How lucky I have it, I have to pinch myself to remind myself that's it not just a dream.
Uh...then move..???????????

I never understand all these people that hate where they live and hate on the forums - go to any one on CD in any state and you will find it. Try living somewhere on purpose.

I live here because I LOVE wearing flip flops all year long......Hate wearing sweaters and layers and all that nonsense...
The only places to live in the US for me are Florida, southern AZ and Hawaii. HATE cold.

I always laugh at the silly women who put on sweaters and pants here as soon as it gets even slightly cool

Old 10-14-2012, 03:37 PM

30,433 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
OK then Humidity levels at 6am were in the mid 80's for Tampa and forecast high is 88 , I'm sure if you call the weather office they'll fill in the decimal points for you as well.
At least the dew points are down and we are out of that hell like reverse west wind flow that gives us insane dewpoints, high humidity and in my case no rain.

I would be happy with highs around 74 and lows around 57 with 3" of rain every week of the year.

Old 10-14-2012, 03:49 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,463,477 times
Humidity: You will almost always find your maximum humidity right away in the morning. This doesn't apply if a weather feature (cold front, warm front, ,etc... or with rainshowers in such) is moving through. It applies mainly for a day like today. We are under the same airmass with nothing moving through.
This is not meant to be an indepth weather lesson Temperatures are at thier lowest right before sunrise. The Dewpoints (measurement of water vapor, i.e., humidity) are fairly steady throughout the day. But your temperature and Dewpoint are closest to each other right about daybreak, so your humidity is highest (notice the fog we'll get this winter then burn off afer a couple hours of sunshine). I have no doubt, even though it may not feel like it, that humidity levels are 80% or more close to daybreak. But they have been dropping to 40% or 50% during the day (again, even though it doesn't feel like it). Why? Because dewpoints stay the same ... but temperatures rise and you have a larger temperature/dew point spread or less water vapor = less humidity.

Not trying to be a smart alec ... spent 26 years doing weather in the Navy and it's hard to get that out of your system. Now? I don't even hardly look at weather unless I want to know when it's going to rain. So really, I didn't use it all Summer because I already knew the answer

Old 10-14-2012, 06:39 PM

205 posts, read 293,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Horizons View Post
Isn't it great. Every morning I thank gawd that I'm so privileged to live in a place that I can run the AC for nearly the whole year. Here in mid october, while the rest of the country is opening up their windows, I get to indulge in the wonderful drone of my window AC unit. Also I don't have to dress up here in nice slacks and a pretty sweater like other places. I get to look like W/T 365 days a year here in a wife beater and flip flops. How lucky I have it, I have to pinch myself to remind myself that's it not just a dream.
Most insightful post I've ever seen in the history of the internet. You are so right to bring these complaints into a positive thread. After all, it's Florida's fault for throwing weather at you that you don't happen to enjoy. How dare Florida not be sufficient for you? How dare it not be cold enough here for you to be able to enjoy sweaters? You have the complete right to complain, especially considering it really seems like you did the appropriate amount of research before moving here.

See? Sarcasm isn't very friendly. Might I suggest you flock to a negative thread?

Old 10-14-2012, 06:45 PM

5,208 posts, read 6,142,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfer View Post
The weather has been PERFECT. Hot in the Sun, sure...but sit in the shade at 1:00 PM and it is GREAT! Was thinking last night about 5 or 6 PM, felt exactly like San Diego weather!

This is the start of my 6 months of WHY I LIVE IN FLORIDA!!!

Exactly

Old 10-14-2012, 08:37 PM

1,798 posts, read 3,021,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampagator89 View Post
Most insightful post I've ever seen in the history of the internet. You are so right to bring these complaints into a positive thread. After all, it's Florida's fault for throwing weather at you that you don't happen to enjoy. How dare Florida not be sufficient for you? How dare it not be cold enough here for you to be able to enjoy sweaters? You have the complete right to complain, especially considering it really seems like you did the appropriate amount of research before moving here.

See? Sarcasm isn't very friendly. Might I suggest you flock to a negative thread?
Nah, I like this thread just fine. Besides, I learn a lot from threads like these. For years I've had a fascination with the Florida Cracker, it's just such an amazingly simple specie. Like mold, it thrives in high humidity, and gets all the nourishment it needs from beer.

I never moved here by the way. I would have never have done such a thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay