Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 07:41 AM

119 posts, read 208,960 times

Advertisements

My daughter and I decided to come down now since the weather is fantastic. We are planning to check out several of the suggestions from everyone. We will take pics and I will post later. Checking out apartments too! Just thrilled to be here, at the beach, and planning for the future. Y'all have a great weekend!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2013, 07:48 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,301,795 times
Enjoy your stay! The weather is fantastic indeed!

Old 02-09-2013, 11:10 AM

36 posts, read 67,602 times
Please report back your thoughts on your trip, we haven't been able to visit yet. Love to read peoples thoughts on the area / neighborhoods / restaurants

Old 02-09-2013, 08:42 PM

Thanks Algia, we sure are! So far, we went to the Saturday Morning Market in Downtown St. Pete. That was great. Everyone we met there was so nice. Downtown is beautiful, lots of shops and dining; a Movie Theater. Then we got the dog from the hotel and went to Ft. DeSoto Park, the doggie beach to be exact and had a ball. It was his first time swimming and seeing the ocean. He made lots of friends lol. Then we watched the sunset over the water; that was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. The colors were gorgeous. We then went to Johns Pass to explore. Had dinner at The Friendly Fisherman. The shrimp was out of this world. Tomorrow we will be visiting some of the apartments then heading to Honeymoon Island State Park (another doggie beach I think, have to make sure). I have not found a thing I didn't like about this area. My daughter either. :-)

Old 02-09-2013, 09:06 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,800,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlsmom2 View Post
Thanks Algia, we sure are! So far, we went to the Saturday Morning Market in Downtown St. Pete. That was great. Everyone we met there was so nice. Downtown is beautiful, lots of shops and dining; a Movie Theater. Then we got the dog from the hotel and went to Ft. DeSoto Park, the doggie beach to be exact and had a ball. It was his first time swimming and seeing the ocean. He made lots of friends lol. Then we watched the sunset over the water; that was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. The colors were gorgeous. We then went to Johns Pass to explore. Had dinner at The Friendly Fisherman. The shrimp was out of this world. Tomorrow we will be visiting some of the apartments then heading to Honeymoon Island State Park (another doggie beach I think, have to make sure). I have not found a thing I didn't like about this area. My daughter either. :-)
Glad you are enjoying our beautiful state! You picked a nice weekend to visit. The weather has been perfect!

Old 02-10-2013, 03:17 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,301,795 times
Glad you had fun! Our sunsets are awesome.

That is usually the tourist stuff...my suggestion is that you do some of your routines too if you're planing on moving to Tampa or its surrounding areas....living & working here can get pretty busy, so there is usually less time to do the tourist stuff.

@ Honeymoon Island:
Quote:
Dogs are allowed in designated areas such as the pet beach on the southern tip of the island and on the nature trail. Pets must be on a 6 foot hand held leash at all times while in these areas.

Old 02-10-2013, 08:38 PM

That is a great idea. Guess we need to hit some grocers and of course WalMart lol. We are here for 2 more days so I will be curious to see the workweek traffic. I will be working from home but my daughter will be attending one of the St. Pete campuses, just not sure which. We ran into a lot of the snowbird traffic today up in the Clearwater Beach area. I am assuming thats what it was anyway. We went to the St. Pete Pier tonight for dinner and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Downtown is a great place....I love that it is so walkable, and so much to do. My daughter will really enjoy it when she is a few years older. We have some apartments to see tomorrow and I pray we have success. I will be posting another thread with my findings for any others that are considering coming down.

Thanks for all of the tips and info!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
Glad you had fun! Our sunsets are awesome.

That is usually the tourist stuff...my suggestion is that you do some of your routines too if you're planing on moving to Tampa or its surrounding areas....living & working here can get pretty busy, so there is usually less time to do the tourist stuff.

@ Honeymoon Island:

Old 02-11-2013, 12:27 AM

745 posts, read 1,583,324 times
have you ventured in to Old Northeast or Treasure Island?

Old 02-11-2013, 05:52 AM

We are staying on Treasure Island (love it over here!) and heading to old NE today to look at some apartments up there and check out that area. I have heard alot about that area on here and am anxious to take a look around. We had heard if you go south and stay close to the water you are in safe areas but we checked on two apartments down there yesterday and goodness, I don't think that is for us. One complex was nice, in a beautiful neighborhood. But you have to leave it eventually and I would not feel safe for me or my daughter to get gas, go shopping, etc. So, I think we are going to concentrate more up this way. Downtown Clearwater, very walkable. Did not look at anything east of 19 though so cannot comment for sure. Dunedin? LOVE! Again though, did not look east of 19. Between Clearwater and Dunedin though looked like a place to stay away from.....really nothing left there but empty storefronts. Looked like from about Cleveland Ave. and north to Dunedin.

Heading out shortly. You guys have a wonderful day and will check back in later! Thank you for all of the tips!!

Old 02-11-2013, 06:36 AM

4,696 posts, read 7,895,539 times
Enjoy our snowman!!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay