Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 09:50 AM

294 posts, read 543,181 times

Advertisements

Like are you more of a football state, baseball, basketball, hockey?? Who are your favorite teams and what teams do you hate the most?? I am a fan of football mostly but then basketball and then baseball..hockey I could take it or leave it...Where I am a Mass resident and have been my whole life I of course love Pats, Celtics, Red Sox (Bruins-meh, again not a big hockey gal) but I also am a HUGEEEEEEE Dallas Cowboys fan (I'm sure you alllll wonder why too lol)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2013, 10:29 AM

82 posts, read 111,787 times
I can't believe you even mentioned hockey as an option. That's the conceit of a New Englander, right there.

My impression is that SEC football rules the Confederate South.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasfh View Post
I can't believe you even mentioned hockey as an option. That's the conceit of a New Englander, right there.

What do you mean 'conceit of a NE'ender' lol and yeah I notice that about the SEC football and the south

Old 02-03-2013, 10:45 AM

99 posts, read 146,721 times
As a state, most likely football is the top dog when it comes to sports, moreover it's college>pro. Regionally, here in the Bay area I don't really think there is any standout sport of choice. If I had to pick one, it would say the Bucs and the Bulls. The Lightning also have a pretty popular following here as well. Baseball and the Rays are on par with the Lightning I would say.

Personally, I am a huge Lightning fan, as I grew up playing hockey all my life and went to Martin St. Louis hockey camps while growing up in Vermont. That's what got me into the Lightning way back when it did.

Old 02-03-2013, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzoUSF View Post
As a state, most likely football is the top dog when it comes to sports, moreover it's college>pro. Regionally, here in the Bay area I don't really think there is any standout sport of choice. If I had to pick one, it would say the Bucs and the Bulls. The Lightning also have a pretty popular following here as well. Baseball and the Rays are on par with the Lightning I would say.

Personally, I am a huge Lightning fan, as I grew up playing hockey all my life and went to Martin St. Louis hockey camps while growing up in Vermont. That's what got me into the Lightning way back when it did.
Hockey is HUGEEEEEEE up here, omg the Bruins fans are relentless!! I personally don't watch hockey because I get so into sports that I actually get sick and depressed when my teams lose the big games and can't watch ANY sports news/media for days afterwards so I figured why would I want to add another sport to just give me more anxiety lol

Old 02-03-2013, 02:35 PM

5,453 posts, read 9,308,610 times
"Bulk Shopping at Sam's in Motorized Carts"
hahahahahahahahaa

Sorry, its so popular it COULD be a sport!

I honestly can't say...I see more Steelers license plates than Buccs...
but this thread is filled with info:
//www.city-data.com/forum/tampa...too-cheap.html

Old 02-03-2013, 07:54 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,463,216 times
The fav team is the one winning. Lately the Rays have had the most success - but their attendance doesn't reflect their popularity - but TV ratings for Rays games are very good.

But since the lockout NHL seems to be popular among area sports fans.

Transplants aupporting the teams from their former cities is a huge problem down here since they refuse to support Tampa area teams.

Old 02-03-2013, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
The fav team is the one winning. Lately the Rays have had the most success - but their attendance doesn't reflect their popularity - but TV ratings for Rays games are very good.

But since the lockout NHL seems to be popular among area sports fans.

Transplants aupporting the teams from their former cities is a huge problem down here since they refuse to support Tampa area teams.
I could see that..and makes total sense..I will not all of the sudden change teams because I live somewhere else..and where Florida is the state of 'transplants' as you all call them it makes sense

Old 02-04-2013, 08:59 AM

4,167 posts, read 9,345,057 times
There's an old saying that there are only three types of people in Florida...Gators, Canes and Noles.

Old 02-04-2013, 09:58 AM

552 posts, read 721,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasfh View Post

Well considering the Bucs cant sell out 8 games a year, and the Rays are dead last in attendance, while the Lightning are selling like 98% of their tickets so far.... Of course Im not saying hockey is the most popular sport down here but its not as niche as most people think. I would say college football is king in this area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay