Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 11:24 PM

48 posts, read 130,915 times

Advertisements

Me and my father just purchased a condo in this beautiful quaint town exactly like the town I live in now, couldn't be more excited! After checking out places in numerous cities for numerous months this one beat em all especially for location. CAN'T WAIT until I move in, either end of month or end of summer haven't decided yet! I fell in love with the area and it's so close to the surrounding cities and closer to Tampa where I will probably go to work with an energy company my dad does business with. I've always loved the gulf side and siesta key holds a dear place in my heart too

Anyone in Safety Harbor or surrounding cities that can recommend a good dentist/eye doctor would be great for starters. I just visited for the first time a month or so ago so all I did was check everything out briefly since I was only there for 3 days.

Any other input on the city would be very well appreciated =D
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2012, 06:51 AM

4,696 posts, read 7,896,624 times
Safety Harbor is a great area!

They have lots of activities thru out the year and they have the Phillipe Park which is an area to be enjoyed.

Welcome to the area!!

Old 05-05-2012, 07:38 AM

329 posts, read 775,510 times
think you will like the area,welcome.

Old 05-05-2012, 06:47 PM

Thank you both! I'm really looking forward to the move, hopefully within another couple months!

Old 05-09-2012, 04:59 PM

146 posts, read 306,478 times
My dentist is Dr Anne Letkowcz, she is across from Countryside Mall in the Kohl's shopping center. She knows how scared I am of dental work and worked w/me on a payment plan. I waited until I had a toothache.

Old 08-15-2012, 12:05 AM

Just got home from my paid 10 day vacation to my condo in Safety Harbor, what a beautiful area! I had such an amazing time, the people are great there. The perfect central location to EVERYTHING, couldn't be happier! Going to be moving down in another 2-3 months max and I couldn't be more excited =)

Old 08-15-2012, 07:32 AM

226 posts, read 340,019 times
Deadsky....that area is where my thoughts keep going towards for our move in a couple years. It's great to hear others experience and enjoyment.

Old 08-15-2012, 03:19 PM

152 posts, read 478,453 times
We are looking into towns with a family-friendly appeal and honestly I thought Safety Harbor was going to blow me away based on what we've read online. I think it might have been the fact that we went on a hot Friday afternoon, but there wasn't anyone around and things seemed kind of dead downtown. So, I went back the following Monday and took a stroll but was disappointed to find that most everything was closed. I guess because it was Monday afternoon? It looked like some places we're going to open up at night.

I saw the calendar of events and upcoming festivals and see that yes, there are good activities available to get kids into, but other than that what am I missing?

I'm not trying to underestimate the virtue of this town - it's still at the top of our list. I guess I just expected so much more based on what I've read.

Old 08-15-2012, 04:15 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,801,501 times
Safety Harbor is quiet and quaint during the day - except on the weekends … then it's busier. You should go there sometime in the evening or on the weekend if you want to see more people out and about. And if you want to see a lot of activity, attend one of their festivals or their Third Friday events. I've never been to the downtown area on a Monday, but for many businesses Monday is the new Sunday … because they are open on the weekends, they take Monday off. Next time you go, head to Whistle Stop on a Saturday night. They have live music and the atmosphere is really fun.

If you want a downtown area that's more happening each day and night, look at downtown Dunedin. My family and I call it Safety Harbor on steroids.

Old 08-15-2012, 04:21 PM

419 posts, read 907,367 times
Safety Harbor and Dunedin are two of the best places in the Tampa bay area, no doubt. Wonder if anyone who's been there lately, knows if that little diner in downtown SH is still there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay