Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2007, 07:13 PM

12 posts, read 36,873 times

Advertisements

Hi guys,
I have a question. Is Largo area nice area to live? Because my job location is in Largo and I would like to find the apt near my workplace until I get comfortable with the area. Any advice? Thanks in advance. :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2007, 01:54 PM

367 posts, read 1,687,604 times
Hello
I live in Largo, moved here in 2000 and it's lovely. We are 3 minutes from the beach at Indian Rocks, I can walk late at night with my dog (I'm female) and not feel threatened whatsoever. it's quiet, lots of families here, there are condos to rent in several locations, largo and seminole blend well and there are lots of amenities for you in both areas. It's close to Clearwater and has two or three close access inter county roads that link with bridges to Tampa.
You will enjoy the location. If you need any other help just shout.

Old 10-28-2007, 03:12 PM

12 posts, read 36,873 times
Thanks a lot. I appretiate it & I have adventually more questions. :-)

Old 10-29-2007, 06:13 AM

428 posts, read 1,472,631 times
Watch what area you move to- most of the city is nice, but there is a reason some refer to it as Lar-ghetto.

Old 11-26-2008, 03:23 PM

47 posts, read 157,475 times
Can anyone tell Me something about the Bay Cove Apts?? Are they located in a good area? Thanks!! What apartments can anyone recommend in the Largo, Fl. area!! Thanks!!

Old 11-26-2008, 06:36 PM

1,069 posts, read 3,198,983 times
Bay Cove is fine, a good area. I rented in what used to be the Oaks right near bay Cove, just a little south of Whitney Road. I believe the Oaks are now called the Columns. They made major improvements to the Oaks, nice pool,good tenants.

Old 11-27-2008, 04:32 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,086,869 times
Default i agree with angler

Florida is a pretty bad place to live right now and the unemployment has gone to 7 % now and I sold my house last year because we could no longer afford the property taxes and the house payment. and this is making 50 k a yr so go figure !!! florida has outpriced itself as a good place to live . northerners would rather vacation in europe now cause it is cheaper to stay in europe !!! yes largo got the nickname lar ghetto for a reason .

Old 03-09-2009, 05:12 PM

47 posts, read 157,475 times
Default Apartments in Largo

I have just moved to Largo, Fl from Wichita, Ks. I visited this area in December trying to find some apartments to live in. I ended up leasing an apartment I did not even look at. The apartments are located east on Rosery Road, from Missouri Ave. Overall, the apartment community looks well kept. There is a Publix, Walmart, and Kmart, within walking distance. I have only been here a week but, I will gladly give updates to anyone interested in moving here. Thanks!!

Old 03-09-2009, 10:11 PM

156 posts, read 493,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Luckyman 58 View Post
I have just moved to Largo, Fl from Wichita, Ks. I visited this area in December trying to find some apartments to live in. I ended up leasing an apartment I did not even look at. The apartments are located east on Rosery Road, from Missouri Ave. Overall, the apartment community looks well kept. There is a Publix, Walmart, and Kmart, within walking distance. I have only been here a week but, I will gladly give updates to anyone interested in moving here. Thanks!!
East of Missouri, okay. West of Missouri, not okay. My two cents.

Old 03-09-2009, 10:17 PM

156 posts, read 493,301 times
The association of Largo being the ghetto is unfounded. Largo has its patches of bad areas as any of city in Pinellas County.

To the original poster, Largo is a nice place to live. You will be happy. Don't buy into misinformation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: