Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 01:26 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times

Advertisements

Just a heads up for those in the market here. We just bought a beautiful new car today and made out extremely well. I mean EXTREMELY well. We figured we should head into Pasco County to purchase, rather than in a higher income area to make the deal. It really worked out great. Same great cars, TONS of inventory on the lot and extremely competitive (IOW LOW PRICING). With his being Memorial Day weekend and the end of the month, Pasco County is one of the places it's at for finding great deals!

Just thought I would share this experience, as it may save some fellow CD'ers some big bucks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2013, 06:43 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,675,732 times
Thanks for the tip. What kind of car did you buy?

Old 05-25-2013, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
Thanks for the tip. What kind of car did you buy?
Nissan G-TR

I only wish.

Last edited by The Villages Guy; 05-25-2013 at 08:02 PM.. Reason: Making sure the joke is understood.

Old 05-26-2013, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
The ONLY deal that matters when buying a car is to not have any car payments, get the price you want, and pay cash. Anything else is crap at any dealership.
We are cash only buyers. We save up first, then buy the car. Seems counter-productive to buy car first and pay for it later when you can make the same payments to yourself first and then buy with cash later.

Old 05-26-2013, 08:19 AM

4,678 posts, read 9,895,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
We are cash only buyers. We save up first, then buy the car. Seems counter-productive to buy car first and pay for it later when you can make the same payments to yourself first and then buy with cash later.
Ironically I just bought a new car (2 weeks ago) I didn't want to get rid of my truck but gas prices were killing me (I'm driving 100 miles a day for work) I usually wouldn't finance a vehicle either, but I was spending over $150/week in gas. I figured I'd rather drive a new car and come out cheaper in the end. You're right though, right now is THE time to buy a car/truck.

Old 05-26-2013, 03:51 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,202,980 times
Quote:
This point has been beaten to death in Finance section.

New cars are 0 to 0.9% interest rate right now for people who qualify and the market is returning >10% or so annual over the last three years. So, I don't see why I would spend my cash on new car when I can get close to 0% loan. That's is counter productive to me . Even for lightly used car you can get 2 to 3% interest rate that is unheard of for a long time. Save, save, and buy is so 20 or 30 year ago advice as far as financial consideration is taken into account, i.e., what everybody wants to do.

Old 05-26-2013, 03:54 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
Quote:
Wanna buy a new car?
Not really.
Rather buy a one year old car. Let someone else pay for that humongous depreciation that occurs the second they drive the car off the lot.

Old 05-26-2013, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
Ironically I just bought a new car (2 weeks ago) I didn't want to get rid of my truck but gas prices were killing me (I'm driving 100 miles a day for work) I usually wouldn't finance a vehicle either, but I was spending over $150/week in gas. I figured I'd rather drive a new car and come out cheaper in the end. You're right though, right now is THE time to buy a car/truck.
That's smart decision, if you get good interest rate loans, IMO.

Old 05-26-2013, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Not really.
Rather buy a one year old car. Let someone else pay for that humongous depreciation that occurs the second they drive the car off the lot.
Agreed too. Even though it depends on the type of car, in many cases a 1 to 3 year old car is your best deal. But like I said it depend on the type of car.

Old 05-26-2013, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
You're right though, right now is THE time to buy a car/truck.
Yep and the key factor here, which is the main reason I started this thread to help other people out, is that people may want to head up to Pasco County for great deals.....based on the excess inventory and the lack of qualified buyers. The dealership was telling us it is a horror story with so many buyers coming in, who think they can afford way more car than they can.

I was speaking with my F-I-L and he mentioned he heads up to NPR to purchase his vehicles, as he gets much better deals up that way rather than in the Clearwater area. Clearly better deals up in Pasco County and this weekend is a great opportunity for people to do well.

Just trying to help out some local CD peeps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay