Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 04:20 PM

484 posts, read 761,282 times

Advertisements

So? Who has returned these massive bins for smaller ones? I had noted my calendar when I would be able to - but my husband rejected the idea and stated he likes them. So in our case - we kept them, and no problems with the service or bins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2014, 05:49 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,610,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamatem View Post
So? Who has returned these massive bins for smaller ones? I had noted my calendar when I would be able to - but my husband rejected the idea and stated he likes them. So in our case - we kept them, and no problems with the service or bins.
Well, our neighbors did, and the smaller ones were smaller than the regular ones we had before these! Also much narrower...we have a lot of boxes we recycle (cereals, stuff from SAMs etc), and none of that stuff would have fit in the smaller ones! So we ended up keeping the bigger ones; they are a pain...but they fit more stuff and we take it out every two weeks. Hubby is handling mine too...the black one is very heavy, I can't touch that one...the blue one is less heavy, but still not easy to maneuver around. If we had a flat driveway it would have been easier to deal with them, but ours is inclined a lot...so, it is a hike both ways. I still hate them if thats what you're wondering.

Old 02-23-2014, 05:59 PM

484 posts, read 761,282 times
I liked that I could recycle my old garbage bin by placing it in the new recycle bin. But yeah, the recycling is easier IMHO.

Old 02-23-2014, 10:38 PM

388 posts, read 536,071 times
Wow... reading this thread certainly was entertaining.
It's funny reading how people can complain about any/everything.

Old 02-24-2014, 07:35 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamatem View Post
I like the larger bins. I don't produce a lot of trash and recycle a lot -so I find that I don't place the bins out as often now - sometimes every other week. Very convenient. And you can fit a of larger items in them. They look very neat lined up on the street compared to the old bins.

Old 02-24-2014, 07:36 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaBull13 View Post
Wow... reading this thread certainly was entertaining.
It's funny reading how people can complain about any/everything.
Americans have easy/soft lives, imo. They should experience life in another country to get an appreciation for what we have here.

Old 02-24-2014, 01:07 PM

819 posts, read 1,409,353 times
I'm loving Hillsborough's massive new recycle bins. I rarely recycled when it was just the small green and blue buckets because a few water bottles and the thing is already full. Now I recycle nearly as much trash as goes in the non-recycle bin.

Old 02-24-2014, 06:29 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Americans have easy/soft lives, imo. They should experience life in another country to get an appreciation for what we have here.
Agree...but you don't need to go to another country...I just returned from NYC where because of the huge snowpiles the city suspended garbage pick-up the whole week I was there...garbage was literally piled ten feet high in some peoples side yard...plus limited area to store it in the four family I was staying at...so garbage was overflowing inside too...

Old 02-24-2014, 06:44 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,610,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Agree...but you don't need to go to another country...I just returned from NYC where because of the huge snowpiles the city suspended garbage pick-up the whole week I was there...garbage was literally piled ten feet high in some peoples side yard...plus limited area to store it in the four family I was staying at...so garbage was overflowing inside too...
WOW!

Then how come they pay so many taxes up there? For what exactly? This is unacceptable, as if they didn't know it was winter & they needed to be prepared? WOW!!!

Old 02-24-2014, 07:37 PM

790 posts, read 1,268,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Other countries should experience life here to see how bad they actually have it.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay