Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 07:13 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
This is a pretty idiotic statement considering the OP does not even live here.

So ready to put down the area that you don't even realize the facts such as these
I know I have lived here about 8 yrs and most of my so called neighbors resemble the folks who are asking directions. I have lived in many places, and this is the only area I have ever lived that had problems with folks being "social". I thought it was turning green or purple or something. I am sure they will like here as there are many with the same profile. Good luck to them... I think it's sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2013, 07:25 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
I help my neighbors whenever they ask but I too am someone that really doesn't want to hang out with them...I have plenty of family and friends for that...as for the schools...it's very unfair to call ALL Florida schools bad...you have to take them on a case to case basis...

Old 09-09-2013, 06:09 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,610,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
This is a pretty idiotic statement considering the OP does not even live here.

So ready to put down the area that you don't even realize the facts such as these
I hate to tell you, but that's very true. We have neighbors right now who can't even wave hello! From their cars passing by...It is truly mind blowing but if you'd like to see it happen, I can record video of it for you.

We lived in many areas, and haven't found that "neighborly" feel that some folks talk about...it's just doesn't exist, and if it does, it is in a form if very small cliques.

OP: With that "attitude" you should fit right in; Your "antisocial kind" is very popular here! But we really don't need anymore...maybe you should stay put!
Quote:
We dont like dealing with people. We are not the neighbors you invite for cookouts and we wont be asking you either
More insults?
Quote:
She also wants a school that is eager to educate. She wants a school where the KIDS are eager to BE educated. She cant stand students who think school is playtime.

Old 09-09-2013, 07:39 AM

153 posts, read 192,079 times
I'm with the OP, I'm just a private person that keeps to myself and hope to find the same in a neighborhood. For some people its considered rude, but I like to keep my life and family matters private and don't feel like talking about it with someone who's not a friend. I work hard, and what free time I do have I want to spend it with my family.

I realize I'm at one polar end of the spectrum, especially when I read a post on here in a similiar thread about someone being upset his neighbors didn't notice and inquire how their wife was when she was sick and her car was home for two weeks. Quite frankly I'd be horrified if someone came over and asked about my personal matters after watching the movements of my car, but some people enjoy Mayberry... I don't.

That said, I'm friendly and will happily wave if needed when driving through the neighborhood, but I have no interest in stopping at the fence for twenty minutes when I get home to hear you whine about the size of your trashcan.

Old 09-09-2013, 07:59 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,610,794 times
Now I know why some people enjoy living on pastures...they are not capable of being human. Enjoy your bubbles.

Old 09-09-2013, 07:26 PM

well I am glad I am NOT cuckoo... anti-socials are abound,, lets see what happens if EVER there is a big storm or hurricane, (I pray NOT) or something to remind you we are not islands! In Miami you saw over 20 electrical cords on one street... sharing of the generators,,, I had 5 fish tanks that weren't mine cause I had power for them, My son went with other men cleaning and cutting broken tree limbs etc - some shared the BBQ because they had the gas... honey sometimes a storm is a real BLESSING! and I am proud to be one that shares and loves people and waves at everyone and will invite you for dinner... and every so often I bake something and take it to work to share... love never hurt anyobody.

Old 09-10-2013, 03:09 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
Lets be clear here, there are persons such as the OP who are just private people and do not want to socialize with many others and then there are the other people you talk about who I personally think are just ignoring and not wanting to socialize with chronic complainers who purport to be social butterflies.

Old 09-10-2013, 03:27 PM

oooohhh - private is one thing,,, anti-social- is another. and purport- hmm I dont know, does that mean like the 40 people at my last Thanksgiving dinner in Miami were all make believe? hmm ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay