Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 11:35 AM

2,983 posts, read 4,623,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSnFla View Post
its not so much the actual speed of things that seems alarming to me its more the effeciency and overall effictiveness of the way people, businesses, organizations, etc operate. I would lean more towards dysfunctional and incompetent than just slow.

This.

Old 09-19-2013, 11:39 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,610,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
People at work tell me I need to slow down all the time. I talk fast, I walk fast, I think fast.... I think it drive them bananas sometimes.
....and there is nothing wrong with that! I do the exact same thing!
That way I can accomplish more, and have more free time for the things I enjoy doing!

I don't see the sense in making us wait at a deli counter! They should hire younger people that can move faster! At my Publix there's always a line created because there's just one behind that counter and is moving too slow!

Old 09-19-2013, 11:41 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,610,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSnFla View Post
its not so much the actual speed of things that seems alarming to me its more the effeciency and overall effictiveness of the way people, businesses, organizations, etc operate. I would lean more towards dysfunctional and incompetent than just slow.
That's because those moving from up north are trying to run away from!!! Counterintuitive! As if the jobs requirements are somehow different down here when in fact they're not!

Old 09-19-2013, 11:42 AM

693 posts, read 1,138,405 times
I think you have to realize that what you may see as dysfunctional and incompetent may be more a matter of a prioritization that is different then yours. I always think its a bit pompous to look down on something when its simply different then what you prefer. I have no doubt that Tampa's residents have the capacity to be exactly what it is you want in a population the only problem is it appears they do not want to be, that have put more value in something different and its the fact that you as a minority must deal with that difference.

Old 09-19-2013, 12:47 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
OMG - talking about looking down your noses,,, quote--<dysfunctional and incompetent> quote <<They should hire younger people that can move faster! At my Publix there's always a line created because there's just one behind that counter and is moving too slow!>>

I am dying with laughter- go talk to the managers LOL. See if they will jump behind the register or the deli counter to help you out LOL.. people here are just great!

Old 09-19-2013, 01:18 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
Surely they are also the same folks who can clearly see the red ahead yet step on the gas to get there first. Coasting is not a thought they would consider. However, it would lead to decreased fuel usage, less wear and tear on the brakes and the tires. Getting there first is the only goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Sometimes you have to adjust your expectations - being frustrated may be your own fault. If you go to a deli around lunch hour, you can expect a wait. Some of you think the world revolves around you and that you shouldn't experience any of the day-to-day frustrations that we all deal with.

You're the same people that weave from lane to lane on the roadways trying to get up an extra car length. Its really fun to watch you not only on the roadways, but in lines at Publix as you change from one line to another......same principle.

Old 09-19-2013, 02:45 PM

2,637 posts, read 12,632,650 times
Why are we so slow? Because this is Florida. If you move slow the summer is not so sapping. This is a place where CEOs attend meetings in golf shirts and khakis. Any day of the week. And no one bats an eye. We wear sandals and white whenever we damn well want to. Florida is not where you came from. Florida is Florida, learn to appreciate it or kindly choose an interstate and head north, for your sake and our's. For my part, I think we ought to adopt the practice of siesta. For serious.

Old 09-19-2013, 02:53 PM

si si... I like it!

Old 09-19-2013, 02:55 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilli View Post
I think we ought to adopt the practice of siesta.
Truthfully, I have since day #1 that I moved here.

Old 09-19-2013, 03:13 PM

good for you! I am jealous... take one Z for me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay