Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 01:19 AM

5 posts, read 7,042 times

Advertisements

Greetings! I recently got a job located in the Citrus Park Plaza location and heard many good things about the locale like how it is safe and such. I scouted many apartments near the area like Citrus Falls, Berkshires, Hunter's Run and all have good rates for me to live off as well as being close to my job.

However, I heard also good thing about St. Petersburg and found the apartment called Fusion and liked the price and apartment layout. It also helps that I am a big Rays fan moving from Texas so being next to Tropicana Field would be fantastic. I heard there is quite the nightlife but I havent done that after I graduated college anymore lol.

In terms of safety and well, common sense, which should be the optimal choice for me to go with?

Also, I heard many famous athletes and celebrities live in the Tampa area. How common is it to see them as mere civilians at like a mall or what have you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2013, 07:11 AM

35,687 posts, read 21,035,253 times
peek on Westshore- Lois ave, and Westchase- St Pete is popping but a long drive-

Old 10-26-2013, 08:56 AM

1,237 posts, read 3,447,974 times
Check your commute from St. Pete to Citrus Park - all things aside, that would be my deciding factor.

Old 10-28-2013, 10:57 AM

There has been a change of plans. My job got relocated to near the Memorial Hospital of Tampa. Is it safe? Any good apartments around the area?

Old 10-28-2013, 11:09 AM

I found some nice apartments called the Keystone Courtyards on Ohio Ave. Is that area safe?

Old 10-28-2013, 11:30 AM

2,637 posts, read 12,628,863 times
Your job is in a pretty nice part of town. There are plenty of apartments nearby, but the closest ones will be on the higher end of the rent range for our area and have much stricter pet policies. What's your price range and needs? On the east and central side of the south Tampa peninsula you'll want to stay north of Gandy. On the west side you could go a little further south. But check out Hyde Park and Palma Ceia, some of the only even semi walkable neighborhoods in Tampa.

As for Keystone Courtyards, I wouldn't live there but it looks worse than it is. I'm not a fan of living in ugly places if I can avoid it. Plus it's right off Dale Mabry which is a major thoroughfare. I have to imagine that as close as it is to MacDill's main gate you'll probably have some annoying early morning traffic to contend with. Have you checked it out with Google street view? You can use it to drive around and check out the neighborhood. There are much nicer places an easy drive from your work.

P.S. Once you move here you'll be glad you didn't move near Tropicana field, heh. Besides, the Rays want out of Tropicana in a big way, who knows how much longer they will even be there.

Old 10-28-2013, 01:17 PM

1,404 posts, read 5,698,277 times
South Tampa. You should look around Hyde Park, Palma Ceia, and even Westshore.
There's some garden style apartments in this area but there are loads of small, historic buildings.

Old 10-28-2013, 03:17 PM

35,687 posts, read 21,035,253 times
Look off Azeele and Henderson - I dont know your price range but lots apts near Westshore and 15 min drive to Memorial - I see one Dr there. the sister apts to where I live are- The Falls of Tbay- am happy where I am, maybe the same there?

Old 10-28-2013, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilli View Post
Your job is in a pretty nice part of town. There are plenty of apartments nearby, but the closest ones will be on the higher end of the rent range for our area and have much stricter pet policies. What's your price range and needs? On the east and central side of the south Tampa peninsula you'll want to stay north of Gandy. On the west side you could go a little further south. But check out Hyde Park and Palma Ceia, some of the only even semi walkable neighborhoods in Tampa.

As for Keystone Courtyards, I wouldn't live there but it looks worse than it is. I'm not a fan of living in ugly places if I can avoid it. Plus it's right off Dale Mabry which is a major thoroughfare. I have to imagine that as close as it is to MacDill's main gate you'll probably have some annoying early morning traffic to contend with. Have you checked it out with Google street view? You can use it to drive around and check out the neighborhood. There are much nicer places an easy drive from your work.

P.S. Once you move here you'll be glad you didn't move near Tropicana field, heh. Besides, the Rays want out of Tropicana in a big way, who knows how much longer they will even be there.
I appreciate your and everybody else's help. I found the optimal apartments around 5 minutes from work in The Cove. It's priced well and comes with cable and a W/D in the apartment. Anybody have any thoughts on this complex/area of town?

Also, Yeah, St. Pete is pretty expensive to live in. However, I have a question regarding the Rays. Where is the closest/best place to purchase Rays gear?

Old 10-28-2013, 04:02 PM

In regards to sports, I may be a Rays fan but am a Colts and Capitals fan as well. Are local Bucs/Bolts fans angsty against non local fans?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay