Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 04:16 PM

5,020 posts, read 7,224,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by denisekdg View Post
Great memories! ...and the restaurant in the old train car..great prime rib
You mean Victoria Station next to Tampa Stadium? I loved that place.

Victoria Station (restaurant) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2014, 05:01 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,065,107 times
Subscribed. Lots of good memories here.

Old 12-05-2014, 11:57 AM

1 posts, read 2,056 times
Smile St Pete, Scrappy Grass...

My friends & I built the condo's on Boca Ciega in 72/73, Bayfront Ctr for concerts, Jugs & Suds, The Inferno, The Palace, Satan's Den, The Zodiac, worked at these places as well as construction, Bobby Schubert, Dubs Ayers, Monkey Devlin, Louie Diana, Ray Hebrank, GBY... St Pete is the best place to live. My wife & I go to Treasure Island every year & I can't believe The Wagonwheel Flea Market is still in business, such great memories that will last a lifetime... USF back in 72 & on had a great radio station...

Last edited by Papi69; 12-05-2014 at 11:59 AM.. Reason: forgot something

Old 03-03-2015, 05:06 AM

1 posts, read 2,084 times
Default How About....

The Arrows Drive In Restaurant?

Huge "Arrows" stuck in the ground, Drive in, Unique.

The Beer Garden nearby, now a pharmacy.

Gandy Trailer Court, the old cigar chomping owner would sell us beer long before we were of age.

Gateway Mall and the Interstate being built.

Keg Parties at the Vinoy while it was closed.

Keg Parties on the Bayway, Before Construction.

Dr. Feelgoods, on 16th. St. Couple of Northeast High Vs St. Pete. High fights there. (Northeast ALWAYS Won if I recall correctly)

Filling Venition Isles.

Riding dirt bikes at Sawgrass lake, Twin Lakes, and before they built K-Mart on 9th, Riding there too.

Webbs Outpost on Gandy.

Yes, Skynard played their next to last concert at the Bayfront, still have my ticked stub.

Old 03-03-2015, 07:28 PM

7,777 posts, read 6,385,415 times
Here's a couple:
Bill Jackson's, still there.
Old Hickory BBQ, Haines Rd & 19.
Chief Charlies on Gulf to Bay
Sailing off the Dunedin Causeway
WWBA am radio, signed off at sundown
Seeing rockets launched from Cape Canaveral from a dock in Safety Harbor.
People would go to the beach along the Courtney Campbell.
Someone with a chain towed me out of the sugar sand at Sand Key for $5
My son was a cook at the Brown Derby while he was in school.

Old 04-11-2017, 04:28 PM

2 posts, read 2,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeheart911 View Post
Sounds like we lived there about the same time.? Skips was my hang out 7 nights a week ...well I did live across the street! Worked at the candy kitchen andf Rube's and the Brown Derby. Have a bunch of great memories of living on gulf blv back when it was a bunch of locals and the fishing boat people. Great bunch!

I loved Skips Quarterdeck, went there every night as well. It was either Skips or Mad Beach Bar. I built a lot of the high rises on Gulf Blvd when I worked for Enterprise Building Corp. Lived on the Bay in between the Gulf and the Bay. Rainy day when the bridge fell, rained out that day. If any of you were there through the 80's we may have partied together.
Let's not forget Porpoise Pub (when they were actually swimming there) or the first, and original Frenchies.

Old 05-27-2017, 08:37 PM

1 posts, read 1,462 times
Default Restaurants

Anybody remember a restaurant called Bay Drive In? It was located near Drew and Cleveland in Clearwater. They had napkin dispensers on each table that would dispense your fortune on a card if you inserted a penny. This would have been back in the early to mid 60s. Also, I remember a restaurant in Tampa called the Mullet Inn? Best smoked mullet I ever ate.

Old 06-07-2017, 01:38 PM

1 posts, read 1,416 times
Then there Hurricane Elena 1985. Then Indian Rocks Pier was gone. BTW, the 94th Aero Sq Restaurant still stands...vacated for years.

Old 09-26-2018, 09:41 AM

1 posts, read 1,167 times
Wrestling at the Fort Homer Hesterly Armory with Gordon Solie and the matches between the Great Malenko and Jack Brisco!

Old 09-26-2018, 02:13 PM

7,777 posts, read 6,385,415 times
Woody Riley's Warehouse was in downtown Clearwater.

The Courtney Campbell was lined with oleanders, and no guard rails.

We took the Boy Scouts camping at St George's Lake. There was a patch of woods between the lake and an orange grove.

My son and I launched our canoe at the end of a street in Dunedin and paddled out to Caladesi Island.

Boat yard village had a bunch of neat shops.

There was a wax museum in St Pete Beach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay