Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2014, 06:47 PM

30 posts, read 37,986 times

Advertisements

We have been searching for a rental for months in Old NE and Pass a grille and recently expanded our search to Hyde park. We have been living in St. Pete for a month now. We regularly drive around old NE to look for signs, we have talked to realtors and rental companies, and we check Craigs list every day. We are looking for a 3 bedroom house/apt for around $2,000 in a nice family friendly area. It's not that the houses are too expensive, but there are few 3 bedrooms available. We are starting to feel that we may never find a place. Does anyone have ideas on what else we can do? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2014, 04:57 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
Heres a site that may help.
Historic Old Northeast St. Petersburg Apartments for Rent and Rentals - Walk Score

Or the obvious=
https://www.google.ca/#q=Houses+for+...fl&safe=active

Old 03-05-2014, 05:23 AM

27,218 posts, read 43,942,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerSamba View Post
We have been searching for a rental for months in Old NE and Pass a grille and recently expanded our search to Hyde park. We have been living in St. Pete for a month now. We regularly drive around old NE to look for signs, we have talked to realtors and rental companies, and we check Craigs list every day. We are looking for a 3 bedroom house/apt for around $2,000 in a nice family friendly area. It's not that the houses are too expensive, but there are few 3 bedrooms available. We are starting to feel that we may never find a place. Does anyone have ideas on what else we can do? Thanks!
The problem is that you're in high demand markets in terms of sales and these aren't places where people are likely to rent in the first place. Homes in the beach communities that are rental tend toward much more expensive short-term versus long-term, which is far more lucrative to the landlord. Have you considered neighborhoods next to these areas that are somewhat similar, a bit less high demand and less expensive (which is another problem given your current budget)? If you go just west of 4th Street from Old Northeast into Allendale-Five Points/Northeast Park for example, I already see 4 houses in your price range.

Old 03-05-2014, 10:42 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,012,264 times
I dont know what you can do other than keep looking, it is the high season from now until september that school starts , a lot of people start looking now so they can be moved in before the school year. I know my wife's best friend has been looking at NE St pete/Hyde park fro the last 6 months and can't find anything under 3k, the problem at least in Hyde Park is that you have lots of 1BR some 2BR when you get to 3BR+, you usually see things like 3BR/4bath because they are geared towards 3 young professionals sharing a house that way they can charge a lot more ~3k, you can look in Palma Ceia although not to many rentals come up there too, I own a rental property in Virginia Park which came with a tenant but her lease was up 2 ago, when we listed it I got so many calls I had to do 1 open house showing because I couldnt coodinate with so many people, and close to 30 people showed up, but I have seen some houses with for rent signs.

Old 03-05-2014, 03:47 PM

819 posts, read 1,409,929 times
Have you tried Zillow? There's 81 rentals listed in 33706.

Old 03-05-2014, 06:21 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,320,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spbbound View Post
Have you tried Zillow? There's 81 rentals listed in 33706.
I just looked on Zillow and I don't see any 3-bedroom rentals for under $2K in his neighborhoods.

Old 03-05-2014, 06:40 PM

819 posts, read 1,409,929 times
Sorry, you're right, I forgot to restrict it to 3 bed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay