Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you rather live in Tampa FL or Reno NV?
Tampa 24 68.57%
Reno 11 31.43%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 10:49 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,431,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
OK, Tampa does not have any snow skiing.
I was comparing LV to Reno and why LV wouldn't be a good choice for a place to live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2014, 12:16 PM

792 posts, read 2,291,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
That's true, but Tampa is more humid.
This is true, and I always thought that meant something, but you can zero humidity, but if it's over 115 degrees, it doesn't matter.

It's like sticking your head inside an overn.

I think the humidity issue might matter if the temps are below 100

Old 03-10-2014, 07:18 AM

872 posts, read 1,713,288 times
Throughout the year I'd easily take either Vegas or Reno's climate over Tampa/St.Pete. Although Vegas is slightly hotter and drier than the Tampa area for about three to four months of the year, Vegas is noticeably colder in the fall ,winter, and spring. I've been out to visit Vegas many times hiking and downhill skiing and the sun is less intense than anywhere in Florida as it is on the same latitude as Tennessee.

Old 03-10-2014, 08:09 AM

421 posts, read 676,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I was comparing LV to Reno and why LV wouldn't be a good choice for a place to live.
Really?!?!

What about all of the stuff to do?

Old 05-15-2014, 10:26 PM

414 posts, read 972,948 times
I live in Tampa, FL for two years. (Carolwood actually). I found it hot and humid. My house and fence had a real problem with wet wood rot. I ended up replacing the fence and parts of the roof due to the rot. Take a shower in the AM and by the time you get to your car out the front door, you are sweaty and your clothing is sticking to you. I moved to RENO and glad I did. Reno is not as hot and no where near as humid. You do not feel like you are in a sauna and wood does not wet rot. Reno is smaller so you only need drive a few miles to be out of the city and into the "out back." You can ski in the winter on the slopes, ski in the summer on the lakes, hike, show shoe, snowmobile, ATV and camp out. Plus you do not have hurricanes. Reno is far better than Tampa.

Old 05-16-2014, 01:17 AM

7,777 posts, read 6,385,415 times
They have a real winter in Reno. I don't do winter.

Vegas is trashy, expensive, but trashy.

Old 05-16-2014, 08:18 AM

1,798 posts, read 3,021,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stpeteguy View Post
This is true, and I always thought that meant something, but you can zero humidity, but if it's over 115 degrees, it doesn't matter.

It's like sticking your head inside an overn.

I think the humidity issue might matter if the temps are below 100
Typical July/Aug days at least in Phoenix, are anywhere between 108 - 113 maybe. Yes we did have that blazing hot day last summer, 118. But that isn't an everyday thing. Is Tampa 96 degrees every day in the summer? And Vegas is over 2000' elevation, so it's a few degrees cooler there than here even.

Back to that 118 degree day. I had just moved here from St. Petersburg and was out and about. The heat was wicked! I mean the breeze on that parking lot felt just like a blowdrier. But the craziest thing was, I barely broke a sweat (it evaporated immediately)! I've found I'm building a tolerance to this heat. It's hard to build a tolerance to humidity, because when the dewpoint it high, you're going to get sweaty. No mind over matter is going to change that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay