Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 03:09 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,204,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil red 1 View Post
Thanks everyone for all the info . Overall, I do feel much better about the upcoming move. I have just read things like you have to keep your food in airtight containers, and pay a lot to spray for bugs every month and that it can be very dangerous for dogs. Also I keep hearing how terrible the traffic is. Im looking at the Palm Harbor area and will be working in Bay Pines.
I think you should be OK. This bug thing is blown out of proportion. I do do myself pest control thing using department store products once in 3 months or so and no problem at all. Mosquitoes after dark are the ones that force me to put a spray since I play tennis. Other than that, we are good. The last time I saw gators was on TV, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2014, 03:50 PM

79 posts, read 89,217 times
Oh, you will have traffic. Its always a good idea to store stuff in plastic containers no matter where you live. Pest control can be done by yourself or a service. Its not ridiculously expensive.

Quote:
Thanks everyone for all the info . Overall, I do feel much better about the upcoming move. I have just read things like you have to keep your food in airtight containers, and pay a lot to spray for bugs every month and that it can be very dangerous for dogs. Also I keep hearing how terrible the traffic is. Im looking at the Palm Harbor area and will be working in Bay Pines.

Old 03-10-2014, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInDenudinFL View Post
She is from a state that starts in "R" and ends in "A" .
?? one of the United States of America?

Old 03-11-2014, 12:46 PM

5 posts, read 4,398 times
Quote:
Ugh, you're going to be dealing with some traffic. I live near Bay Pines and work not far from Palm Harbor, and I have an hour commute, each way. It's only about 20 miles but it gets pretty congested during peak hours especially with so many traffic lights along the way.

I wouldn't worry too much about bugs, like everyone said, it's not a huge problem. The only food I keep in airtight containers is sugar, because they can attract the tiny little ants that can get in anywhere. Just make sure if you have dogs that you keep them on heartworm prevention! We have a lot of mosquitos here, it's a must.

Good luck.

Old 03-11-2014, 12:57 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,610,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Joe66 View Post
got a problem with people from other parts of the county? where are you from? your commentary about "never work another day in their life" is ridiculous. of course retirees have that option. though I am thinking of working for a ac company here to keep busy. I guess you feel that all those people crawling along in traffic on 75, 275, I-4 are all low lifes.
Just visit East Tampa, and my comment will become very valid to you. (BTW We're from Miami, and have watched for decades our state decaying in the hands of low life's! At all levels, not just East Tampa levels)

Old 03-11-2014, 01:48 PM

Location: says MA on my license but can be found wandering the beaches of RI
1,432 posts, read 1,822,862 times
Getting back on track here, I think as long as you educate yourself on the differences of the wildlife and such, you will be fine. I'll be moving from up north and I read everything anyone wants to post about Florida living, the good and the bad, and it's very helpful. The important thing to remember is take what some folks say with a grain of salt. Soon enough you'll be able to figure out the helpful posts.

I wish you the best of luck!

Old 03-11-2014, 01:58 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
Pinellas is very overbuilt! There isn't room to put a needle down
Plenty of room in north Pinellas. As a matter of fact they are planing on building a bunch of condo's not too far from where I live.

Southern half of Pinellas is much more built up, but I see an opportunity there to tear down a lot of shacks and rebuild something nice.

Old 03-11-2014, 02:05 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times
Quote:
Someone please tell me I am wrong!
You are wrong.

More accurately, much of the negative rantings you see on here are simply people unhappy with their lives and would be that way no matter where they live.

We do see gators every single day in our community and they are no problem at all, except for the few unfortunate who for some reason walked their little dogs along the waters edge.

Bugs? This has been one of the least buggy places I have ever lived. Only place we could eat outside without flies attacking the food.

We love it here. Been here since 2012.

Old 03-11-2014, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
Just visit East Tampa, and my comment will become very valid to you. (BTW We're from Miami, and have watched for decades our state decaying in the hands of low life's! At all levels, not just East Tampa levels)

ohhhh. East Tampa. you must be referring the to area that is predominately‎ inhabited by Afro-American people. So what you really mean is the black folks don't work and they are the low life's you refer to?

Miami, eh? I don't even consider Miami a part of Florida anymore. It's a world of its own. I wouldn't compare Miami to the whole state. Being a native you must really be crushed by the disintegration
of Miami.

Old 03-11-2014, 03:05 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,204,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Joe66 View Post
?? one of the United States of America?
Try a state that is across the Atlantic....Oops.

Let's just leave it like that...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay