Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 06:22 AM

473 posts, read 544,595 times

Advertisements

I have been following this forum for a few months now and it appears there are only two types of posters.

- Those like me, who are considering a move to Florida (Tampa) and are looking for information.

- And then there are those that live in Florida (Tampa) and for some reason they absolutely hate it, talk about how terrible everything is and try to discourage anyone from moving there.

I dont get it, if its really that bad why do these people live there ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2014, 06:25 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,993,691 times
I like living here... but I'd move to Ft. Laudy/Miami in a heartbeat if the opportunity presented itself. More my style down there.

Old 04-25-2014, 06:36 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,013,577 times
I don't think you are accurate, There are more cheerleaders than anything else, there are probably 10% of people who just plain hate here, the majority of people try to tell it like it is, to me if you asking about the commute from x to y, I am going to tell you if it's horrible I am going tell you, I dont think there any value to tell you to think positive, or it's what you make it, or how much better than Atlanta/Chicago it is, it how it's better to live an hour away so you can decompress, or what the commute is the middle the night.

Old 04-25-2014, 06:42 AM

I'm not looking for any "grass is greener" scenario but its seems most posters only point out the negatives.

Old 04-25-2014, 06:56 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,910,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjrudy View Post
I have been following this forum for a few months now and it appears there are only two types of posters.

- Those like me, who are considering a move to Florida (Tampa) and are looking for information.

- And then there are those that live in Florida (Tampa) and for some reason they absolutely hate it, talk about how terrible everything is and try to discourage anyone from moving there.

In life, in any location, there are people who are simply miserable and they let that taint their view of everything. It is unfortunate, because there is so much to be appreciated in life. Unfortunately it can take life changing events for some people to see the light. I have always been the glass is always full (1/2 water and 1/2 air) type of person. I prefer to focus on the little things in life that are great and try not to miss anything. The trees moving in the wind, the butterflies landing on the flowers, the funny things our dog does. It's all wonderful. I recently had a medical condition come to light that has forever changed my life in a physically negative way. Now I could focus on this and let it negatively affect everything in my life. But why do that, when I can try as much as humanly possible to put my energy into positive happy things. Noticing and focusing on the positive things in life can have such a great impact on one's life. If everyone could do that, we would be living in a happier and more appreciative and welcoming world.

Old 04-25-2014, 06:58 AM

676 posts, read 1,272,520 times
Quote:
I'm not looking for any "grass is greener" scenario but its seems most posters only point out the negatives.
My wife and I moved here from the Atlanta area (actually, she moves at the end of next week; I've been here for 5 months). We both love it here. No regrets about making the move.

Old 04-25-2014, 06:59 AM

1,725 posts, read 3,464,951 times
I also think the negative people tend to me 'louder'. They'll defend why they hate things more than people will defend why they like things.

Us that like it here, we tend to move on to another thread while the people that dislike it will remain on the I hate it wagon longer.

Old 04-25-2014, 07:10 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,323,443 times
Quote:

Why are you living where you are living now and not in Florida?
IMO the vast majority of posters devote their posts to the positive aspects of Florida,like beaches and warm weather, personally if i were researching a future place to live i'd want more than just glowing accolades about the place being paradise i''d want to hear the negatives as well however those that do offer Floridas negatives are quickly shouted down and labeled as haters and bashers and trolls, so c,mon down and think about lazy summer days on the beaches everyday living the rest of your life in paradise.it'll be just wonderfull/
http://wwwdelivery.superstock.com/WI...1848-78197.jpg

Last edited by jambo101; 04-25-2014 at 07:20 AM..

Old 04-25-2014, 07:27 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,142,671 times
Jambo knows well that life in FL is no different than most places. Life does not consist of lazy summer days on the beaches everyday living the rest of your life in Paradise. Jambo is not one of the "haters" but dislikes the idealistic posters who feel that moving to FL is going to change their lives, make them better people, satisfy all their needs. Most of us know that is not how it works.

We do have a few posters here that make a point of bringing up negative information. Some of them dont even live here. Then there are the down right ugly people who have nothing good to say about anything regardless of which forum they are posting in.

Does FL have negative points? yes. Is it as bad as some of these people paint it?
No.

FL has 20 million people and continues to grow. It may be that those who are terribly disenchanted and actually do live here have a problem with the growth.

Just do a review of a posters previous posts to determine where they stand, overall and decide if you find agreement with them or not.

Old 04-25-2014, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Why are you living where you are living now and not in Florida?
IMO the vast majority of posters devote their posts to the positive aspects of Florida,like beaches and warm weather, personally if i were researching a future place to live i'd want more than just glowing accolades about the place being paradise i''d want to hear the negatives as well however those that do offer Floridas negatives are quickly shouted down and labeled as haters and bashers and trolls, so c,mon down and think about lazy summer days on the beaches everyday living the rest of your life in paradise.it'll be just wonderfull/
http://wwwdelivery.superstock.com/WI...1848-78197.jpg
We live in Buffalo, NY because that's where we were born, raised and raised our own family. With our son off at college and our daughter heading off next year, its now our time to make the move.

And yes, I want to know about the reality of living somewhere, but the negatives get a little old. There are plenty of negatives to living in Buffalo, NY, but also plenty of positives. We plan a move to Florida to enjoy the things in life we cannot get here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay