Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2014, 06:32 PM

90 posts, read 263,095 times

Advertisements

The girlfriend and I (both in early 20's) are coming to visit the Clearwater area in July (coming from Minnesota), and have a couple questions.

We will be staying near Clearwater beach, but what other beaches besides Clearwater will be in the area? Within a 45 mile range, and of course St Pete.
And also, what are some cool things to do near Clearwater and St Pete?
Any info helps!!
Thanks!
Jordan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2014, 07:28 PM

500 posts, read 1,174,288 times
Fort Desoto national park/beach; you can rent bikes and kayaks and explore the fort.

Have an amazing steak dinner and watch a flamenco show at the oldest restaurant in Tampa, The Columbia in the Cuban district of Ybor City.

Swim with the manatees in Crystal River.

Go parasailing above the ocean at Madeira Beach/John's Pass boardwalk.

Old 06-18-2014, 08:12 PM

153 posts, read 198,281 times
Within 45 minutes, let's see:

Just north of Clearwater:
1) Honeymoon Island State Park
2) Caladesi Island State Park (my fave)-- you take a ferry from Honeymoon Island State Park (the only way to get there is by ferry or boat)

South of Clearwater:
1) St Petersburg Beach
2) Fort DeSoto Park

I'm a foodie and here are my suggestions for great food:

Clearwater:
Cristino's Coal Oven Pizza
http://www.cristinospizzeria.com/
Their pizzas and gelatos are soooo good!

St Petersburg:
Engine No. 9
Best burgers ever (I'm forever ruined)
Engine No. 9 Bar and Pub

Paciugo
Love their Gelato
Paciugo St. Petersburg

If you like museums, I highly recommend the Dali Museum in St Petersburg, The Dali Museum, St. Petersburg, FL. Go on one of the tours. I've never really been an arts lover (though I do enjoy museums). My BF and I went on a decent-led tour at the Dali Museum and it has completely changed my perspective of art.

If you're also going to Tampa, I can suggest my fave restaurants there as well.

Old 06-19-2014, 01:25 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
This should keep you busy.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay