Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 06:45 PM

30,433 posts, read 21,255,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjrudy View Post
Actually my original post was about the additional amount of daylight in Florida not crying about gray skies. But anyways, here is a link you may find helpful in your search for paradise

Cloudiest Cities in US - Current Results

You will notice Buffalo NY on that list, a truly wonderful city other than the weather.
Sorry it's Cuba or bust for me. I do not like winters north of FL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2014, 06:53 PM

30,433 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmaticus View Post
Apparently you have never been to Cuba, I have been and Cuba is hell in Summer. So your logic make no sense. If you hate summer here, you don't go to Cuba.
Sure it does. I fished plenty down there and not in a legal way back in the day. I would love getting real rain and a hurricane every few years unlike what i never get in my part of FL. I know what the weather is like to a T and there is no reverse west windflow down there and that alone makes all the diff in the world. Only one place i have been to that is about as bad as the summer here and that was in Queensland down under.

The islands maybe hot, but they don't have water temps above 90 that we do here with a west wind blowing off of all day long. The dew points and heat is not the same as it is here.
. Plus the offshore fishing in 1200ft in Cuba's waters was great for ball bat snapper and misty grouper back in the 80's.

Old 09-02-2014, 06:48 PM

185 posts, read 170,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjrudy View Post
During the long, cold, dark days of winter it appears there is on more benefit to living in Florida........daylight !

Here is an example

January 1, 2015 Sunrise: 7:21am
Tampa, Florida Sunset: 5:45pm

January 1, 2015 Sunrise: 7:46am
Buffalo, New York Sunset: 4:51pm

Another benefit of being closer to the equator.

January 1, 2015 New York City:
Sunrise: 7:20am
Sunset 4:39 pm

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay