Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 07:03 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,675,732 times

Advertisements

Terra Vista is gorgeous. I don't think any reasonable person could dispute that, but for us it was just too far away from the airport, port, and other things we enjoy. Do your homework, make your exploratory trips, check crime stats, predator maps, and commute times to things you need/want and you should be fine. As a transplant from the Midwest, I feel blessed everyday to now live in Florida. Best wishes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2015, 11:27 AM

229 posts, read 244,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scratch1 View Post
i have lived here for 13 years and watched the destruction of citrus springs.anyone who posts and disputes this is either a real estate troll stroking you so you will buy from them or the great chunk of population here who never looks out their door and only leave the airconditioning to get in their airconditioned vehicle and go to a town 20 miles away
I was thinking the same thing, no reason to live in any of those counties from Hernando North to the State Line...

Old 04-28-2015, 03:11 PM

34 posts, read 95,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
Terra Vista is gorgeous. I don't think any reasonable person could dispute that, but for us it was just too far away from the airport, port, and other things we enjoy. Do your homework, make your exploratory trips, check crime stats, predator maps, and commute times to things you need/want and you should be fine. As a transplant from the Midwest, I feel blessed everyday to now live in Florida. Best wishes.
I can understand that being 2 hours from the major airports and major metro areas can be a turnoff to many people, but it isn't a biggie for us, and we're not beach people, so being inland is fine with us.

What did excite us was the ideal situation for riding our bikes that Terra Vista provides along with it's other amenities. The off road trail that takes us from Terra Vista to the Withlacoochee state forest trail where we can ride to our hearts content is something that few other developments can offer. That is what made us pull the trigger.

Old 01-12-2016, 01:20 PM

1 posts, read 1,852 times
any one can help by answering to my question:
i want to move to florida to citrus hills or hudson florida from noth east...
i have a disableson who is 43 and we need him in a group home (3-4 indivuduals) in a home...i am not sure where to apply...
i am 71 years old when i move down there i would like my son to be closer to me where i live.
also, what town is better to avoid sink hole properties..
thanks

Old 08-30-2016, 06:30 PM

23 posts, read 42,033 times
Hernando County is known for its Sinkholes. Most of Citrus county you don't need to worry about Sinkholes.

Old 05-13-2020, 02:26 AM

5 posts, read 8,011 times
Hi. I see it has been quite a while since anyone has posted about citrus springs.
We own land there which was purchased (handed down to us) 20? years ago and would like to learn more about the area now. Any new developments?, how has the area progressed?, what type of community is it? ie: Good for families or snowbirds? whats the status of the nuclear plant nearby?
is it safe(healthy?) to live there?. Should we keep the land or sell? Our kids are heading to high school soon & we are thinking about going south part time until they go to college & then maybe go south permanently. How close is it to the waterfront/beach? The property is on w vicksburg dr.
Would like to hear from local residents. Much appreciated.Thank you.

Old 05-13-2020, 05:41 AM

5,978 posts, read 7,382,129 times
Nuke plant has been nuked, I believe. Not sure if it's totally shut down yet, but if not it will be. That was a major blow to the local economy because of the tax revenues it brought it.

I can't imagine things are going well in that area these days. When I knew more about it in the 90s it wasn't that great, either. I was amazed at all the streets that were put in for development that never took place. It was creepy.

RM

Old 05-13-2020, 12:27 PM

7,778 posts, read 6,390,372 times
Too far north for me. If I were to move again it would be south of the Skyway bridge.

Old 05-13-2020, 05:14 PM

1,424 posts, read 1,283,652 times
Isn't the Suncoast Parkway being extended to Lecanto?
Citrus Springs isn't too far away from there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay