Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2014, 11:27 AM

7 posts, read 16,861 times

Advertisements

Ok, so I know everyone gets asked questions on here all the time that heave been answered somewhere, so I apologize in advance if I fit into that category.

I'm relocating for about 18 months to Tampa for an upcoming project. My project will be located on Tampa Oaks Blvd. which is between Fowler Ave, and Fletcher Ave. right off 75. I am a cyclist and absolutely love the idea of riding on trails with no traffic, but putting the bike on the car and driving to the trail heads can be an excuse not to ride. That being said I also love the water and would enjoy the waterfront that Tampa has to offer. Not sure how long the commute would be from any waterfront areas, but I am not fond of sitting in traffic.

Nice restaurants, shopping, entertainment, church, etc. is also nice.

Looking for a studio or 1 bedroom apartment for around 1K with nice amenities. My wife and daughter will be visiting so I want to be in a safe area. I plan on visiting the week after Christmas and need somewhere to start my travels.

Thanks so much for any input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2014, 12:57 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,809,042 times
Look into Tampa Palm - it will be close to your work and to the park with trails. Tampa's only waterfront is around port of Tampa and commute (by car) will be about half and hour, but most likely you will be going in opposite to main traffic direction.

Old 12-12-2014, 04:56 PM

1,500 posts, read 3,334,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buykguy View Post
Ok, so I know everyone gets asked questions on here all the time that heave been answered somewhere, so I apologize in advance if I fit into that category.

I'm relocating for about 18 months to Tampa for an upcoming project. My project will be located on Tampa Oaks Blvd. which is between Fowler Ave, and Fletcher Ave. right off 75. I am a cyclist and absolutely love the idea of riding on trails with no traffic, but putting the bike on the car and driving to the trail heads can be an excuse not to ride. That being said I also love the water and would enjoy the waterfront that Tampa has to offer. Not sure how long the commute would be from any waterfront areas, but I am not fond of sitting in traffic.

Nice restaurants, shopping, entertainment, church, etc. is also nice.

Looking for a studio or 1 bedroom apartment for around 1K with nice amenities. My wife and daughter will be visiting so I want to be in a safe area. I plan on visiting the week after Christmas and need somewhere to start my travels.

Thanks so much for any input.
Anywhere near your project is good including Temple Terrace & New Tampa.

Immediately west, easily accessed off Fletcher, you'd have the Wilderness (in total about 15,000 acres, I believe) with Flatwoods which has some excellent biking with at least 30 miles of well maintained trails between the parks there. Here's a link to that and more SWAMP Florida Mountain Bike Trail Locations . Most of that you can do on a decent hybrid if you haven't a mountain.

That also puts you within minutes to riverfront access and canoe rentals either via Lettuce Lake Park Hillsborough County, FL - Official Website or if you join the university you can use USF's rec area and riverfront with super cheap rentals right next door. The Hillsborough is gorgeous in that area.

Old 12-12-2014, 09:01 PM

7 posts, read 16,861 times
Thanks for the insight. I think I have decided to start my quest in Tampa Palms. Seems like a nice area and not too far from work. Appears to be some bicycling opportunities nearby. I am actually a roadie so I'm hoping to find some groups to ride with. How far is it from the beach/bay front?

Old 12-12-2014, 10:38 PM

434 posts, read 530,925 times
^Faaar.

Old 12-14-2014, 08:56 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,809,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buykguy View Post
Thanks for the insight. I think I have decided to start my quest in Tampa Palms. Seems like a nice area and not too far from work. Appears to be some bicycling opportunities nearby. I am actually a roadie so I'm hoping to find some groups to ride with. How far is it from the beach/bay front?
45 minutes by car to the beach if the traffic is not too slow on bridges... on the weekends it will be longer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay