Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 09:02 AM

734 posts, read 920,516 times

Advertisements

I can't find anything about what's going in. I heard a rumor it is going to be a Home Depot, but as I drive by there every morning I can't help but think that something else is going in there as well. The sheer volume of land they're filling in/grading is way too large for a single Home Depot, unless it's going to be the biggest one on the planet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2015, 09:36 AM

1,163 posts, read 2,099,684 times
Which side? Tons of housing expansion in that area.

Old 01-13-2015, 09:41 AM

Next to the westbound lanes; literally right at the intersection of the Veterans and 54.

I would assume it's not going to be housing since the toll road is right there.

Old 01-13-2015, 12:40 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,804,900 times
Newland buys Lutz land connecting Bexley Ranch to State Road 54 || Business Observer | Tampa Bay, Bradenton, Sarasota, Fort Myers, Naples
Sound like the parcel you are talking about

There are 2 possible properties and I am not sure which one is getting build, but non indicates any recent permits. According to the link above there will be residential/commercial use of land

Last edited by EngGirl; 01-13-2015 at 12:56 PM..

Old 01-13-2015, 12:47 PM

Hmmm. That article is over a year old. Maybe it changed hands again and something else is going in. Hard to say.

I don't see how building a master planned community literally right up against the toll road is an attractive idea, but communities are going in pretty close to the expressway a little further south so who knows?

Old 01-13-2015, 01:05 PM

1,613 posts, read 3,238,148 times
pretty sure its housing.. why would it surprise you about housing going that close? have you ever driven the expressway? there are housing developments at nearly every exit adjacent to the highway..

Old 01-13-2015, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AES328 View Post
Hmmm. That article is over a year old. Maybe it changed hands again and something else is going in. Hard to say.

I don't see how building a master planned community literally right up against the toll road is an attractive idea, but communities are going in pretty close to the expressway a little further south so who knows?
No way you can pull a new permit associated with rezoning so quick. 1 year for article on this kind of topic is nothing really. In order for them to get their permits (back in 2002 by the way) they had to conduct a bunch of studies for Army Corp of Engineers and SWFWMD. Any change will require permit resubmittals (cost $$$) according to new regulations. No land developers in their right mind would do this. They rather sell the land because regulations changed dramatically.
As for communities being build by major highway - well, look at Seven Oaks in New Tampa. Some homes share their backyards with I-75 and rest area LOL

Old 01-13-2015, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tim Tim View Post
pretty sure its housing.. why would it surprise you about housing going that close? have you ever driven the expressway? there are housing developments at nearly every exit adjacent to the highway..
I know. I know. Maybe just wishful thinking. I'd just like to know what is actually going in there. I was actually kind of excited to hear it was going to be a Home Depot since I already spend so much money there (the one on Dale Mabry, of course), but I can't find anything online to support that rumor.

And yes I drive the expressway every day.

Old 01-13-2015, 02:23 PM

http://fl-pascocounty.civicplus.com/...ter/View/11239
http://fl-pascocounty.civicplus.com/...ter/View/11235 - zoned to town center, so any retailer really. They also have middle and elementary schools planned near by

Old 01-13-2015, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
http://fl-pascocounty.civicplus.com/...ter/View/11239
http://fl-pascocounty.civicplus.com/...ter/View/11235 - zoned to town center, so any retailer really. They also have middle and elementary schools planned near by
Those are neat, but I don't think that's the same area I'm talking about.

If you zoom in on the site location map, it appears to be well north of the Veterans/54 intersection.

The area I'm talking about is highlighted here:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay