Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 04:47 AM

1,759 posts, read 2,165,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by W&AE View Post
Does anyone know how the pay works for employees in a restaurant in the Tampa Bay/St. Petersburg area
Here where I work in Texas all credit card tips go onto a paycheck, you still get to leave with your cash money but everything else is on a check so it is all taxed. Also on those lines anybody know what the hourly rate of pay is for servers and bartenders in restaurants? Here it is mostly $2.13+tips for servers and it fluctuates for bartending.
I can give you a recent example on a df who moved from Nyc to Fl recently - had a server position / manager. NYc salary she said was always steadily near $1k a week , net, or more. Fl same type position $600 or so per week. Larger problem for her I believe was the summer months in Fl - very slow depending where you are and less business, less tips. GL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2015, 10:41 AM

50 posts, read 78,004 times
As far as the summer months being slower, is that just a seasonal deal for places near the coast of St. Pete?
Would this effect a place in the middle of town or even places in the tampa area?
I have to imagine there are everyday places that stay busy year round like I have here....?

Where I'm at at now, it's seasonal as well to a degree. From November-February it slows down significantly, with the rest of the year being so busy it averages out. Is that the same I could expect there in St. Petersburg, or even Tampa area?

Old 03-05-2015, 12:01 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,165,263 times
W&A - YMMV - this was just the experience of a friend. I guess if one works near the beaches in the summer months, it's busy with tourism. ?

Old 04-05-2015, 11:45 AM

3 posts, read 2,795 times
Good luck finding a restaurant job that will pay the bills... Most people I know in the hospitality biz are living poor, can't make ends meet without having roommates to occupy run down apartment, too many slumlords in st Pete, born and raised here and finding a nice updated place to rent gets pretty pricey towards downtown or water, good luck.

Old 04-05-2015, 01:36 PM

50 posts, read 78,004 times
Thanks for the response. We are actually looking towards the temple terrace area due to its proximity to school, USF. If that's the case I may look for work near International Plaza?? What are your opinions about those areas, TT to live, ( east of 56th from what I've heard )and for work near the plaza?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay