Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 08:57 AM

212 posts, read 286,648 times

Advertisements

Depending on how long you are staying and what your needs are, you can also rent a condo. Before moving to the area, we rented a 2 bedroom condo in Saint Pete Beach about 1 and 1/2 blocks from the beach with a pool for under $1000 for the week. This included taxes and cleaning fee. We were able to cook meals, do laundry, park very close to our condo and just have more space. Depending on how many people you have and the number of meals you want to cook, you can save a good bit of money over eating out all the time. There are numerous websites that you can search for condo rentals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2015, 08:41 AM

1 posts, read 776 times
Never stayed in Clearwater,but I've stayed at every place else you listed in the last few years.Now I live close by.My favorite is the Alden.It's relatively newly refurbished and the rooms are suites with mini Kitchens in them.The prices are among the best,if not the best among those you listed.The beach is nice and the place is usually quiet,parking is no problem and you are right across from Snappers,a pretty decent restaurant.There are plenty in walking distance though.Keep in mind it is peak season right now,so nothing will be cheap.Try Kayak and see what they offer there.Good luck and happy anniversary!

Old 02-25-2015, 11:53 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,512,636 times
Gulf Gate Resort on St Pete Beach.
Nice condos,great value for money.

St Pete Beach Vacation Condo Rentals - Florida Vacation Resort

Old 02-25-2015, 11:55 AM

2,852 posts, read 1,614,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quattro123 View Post
Hello all. Planning an anniversary trip into the Tampa area with my wife. I live in NJ and am not familiar with the Tampa area at all, especially not the beaches. Looking for a beachfront hotel on the inexpensive side. We will be going to Busch Gardens so anywhere on the coast up to about an hour from there would be fine.

If anyone has any recommendations I would greatly appreciate it. Listed below are a few spots I have found myself so if anyone has any info on any of these places, that would be great too...

Holiday Inn - Clearwater Beach
Bilmar Beach Resort
Thunderbird Beach Resort
Plaza Beach Hotel
Alden Suites

Thanks in advance!!
We were able (my wife found it) to find a beachfront (150 yards from the surf - view out the window was of the sand!) for $550.00 a week back in September (for Labor Day).

Is that price good for you? If so, I'll find the contact info and send it to you in a private message.

Old 02-25-2015, 03:28 PM

323 posts, read 685,164 times
I'll second the Alden, but haven't stayed/had family stay there since 2012. They were in the midst of a remodel at that time, though, so I have to imagine it'd still be in fairly nice shape. It's in a great spot on St. Pete Beach and within walking distance of Grand Plaza (Spinners restaurant on the roof is a must-do, rotating restaurant with awesome views - especially at sunset) and also Bongo's Beach bar. I haven't stayed at Grand Plaza since 2005, so I can't comment on whether it's still as nice as it was then, but at the time it was great.

Alden is great because the rooms have kitchenettes. There's two heated pools, a couple hot tubs, and tennis courts on top of one of the parking garages. It doesn't have it's own restaurant, but I believe there is a small beach bar.

Old 02-25-2015, 03:45 PM

16 posts, read 49,348 times
Lots of good stuff here! Just got home from work so will look thru everything and hit up the travel sites.

THANKS!!!

Old 02-25-2015, 03:58 PM

16 posts, read 49,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumf View Post
We were able (my wife found it) to find a beachfront (150 yards from the surf - view out the window was of the sand!) for $550.00 a week back in September (for Labor Day).

Is that price good for you? If so, I'll find the contact info and send it to you in a private message.
Please message me w/ info when you have a minute, I tried messaging you but it said you are not accepting messages. Thanks!

Old 03-15-2015, 07:36 PM

13 posts, read 16,398 times
This may be too late, but yes it was clean. I liked the retro style of the lobby. The room was decorated "Florida" style. The pool was nice. I liked it but I don't usually go too high end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay