Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 08:50 PM

5,978 posts, read 7,382,129 times

Advertisements

You're not going to be able to meet all of the criteria you have listed, period.

A $100k home in this area will be a 50's-60's block house that will be a hovel, on a small lot. It will not be in a community with a small town arrangement. You won't be able to park an RV on your property.

I'm not trying to be negative, just realistic.

When I read the beginning of your post I immediately thought of Winthrop or Fishhawk, both areas with very walkable and accessible town centers. Winthrop would be best, as it has not only a town center but plenty of retail shops, allowing you to get out and eat or do grocery shopping with ease.

That being said, you're not going to find an area with these sorts of amenities in your price range. Your price range dictates post 1970s housing in what I would consider "marginal" areas, like Holiday.

If you could afford property in the Lithia area you would be able to park your RV on your property - but - you would be in a rural area and nowhere near anything resembling a small town.

I see two issues here - your budget will dictate what sort of housing and area you can be in. Your RV will not be welcome in any of them.

With this in mind, you're either going to have to compromise somehow, or increase your housing budget. Dade City might be doable, but you're way out there as far as Tampa and your housing choices will be pretty limited.

Sorry,

RM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2015, 08:30 AM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
Check into Brooksville, you might find something close to your criteria there.

Old 02-26-2015, 11:25 AM

6 posts, read 5,661 times
Lithia seems like a great option, thank you so much! First house I looked at was 89,000 on 1.17 acres and already has a wheelchair ramp to the front door. I will keep looking in this area and appreciate the suggestion.

Old 02-26-2015, 04:34 PM

5,978 posts, read 7,382,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriciaR1970 View Post
Lithia seems like a great option, thank you so much! First house I looked at was 89,000 on 1.17 acres and already has a wheelchair ramp to the front door. I will keep looking in this area and appreciate the suggestion.
Lithia will work, but you won't have the small town aspect you're looking for. If you can compromise it would probably meet the rest of your needs.

Good luck,

RM

Old 02-28-2015, 02:55 AM

1,319 posts, read 1,081,103 times
I am not a Florida resident but I am a VA nurse case manager up north and for this reason took interest in your post. I suggest you contact the Tampa DAV office which could probably assist you with suggestions on your home search. Also, do look into manufactured home communities which there are many in the Tampa area with homes in your price range and not all are age restricted. Although you may not be able to park your RV directly on your lot, many of these communities have RV storage available within the community.

Good Luck

Old 02-28-2015, 04:52 AM

676 posts, read 1,272,285 times
I don't have any specific recommendations but please use this search and modify it to match more of your criteria:

http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...ing/sby-2?ml=4

Old 02-28-2015, 04:13 PM

145 posts, read 229,714 times
Try Gulfport. VA near, dog friendly, larger lots if you get north of 22 Ave. May find your price range if north of 22nd Ave also. Great town. I am in Michigan but will be returning March 12. I can't wait. I live 2-3 miles from Gulfport yet I spend 99% of my time there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay