Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2008, 02:32 PM

8 posts, read 29,782 times

Advertisements

hi everyone. I have recently relocated to brandon area. I need to get my driver's license asap.can anyone pl help me with the contact info of a good motor training instructor or training school for adults in brandon/tampa area (close by 33511 area) to prepare for my road test.

I am also looking for a reputed and reliable software /technical training school in brandon/tampa area with good placement services.

precisely I am interested in .net, oracle and java.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2008, 03:32 PM

849 posts, read 3,528,688 times
Default do you need a road test?

If you have a valid license from another state you only need to exchange it fo ra card here no tests of any kind.
Hillsborough County Community College for computers. Even the out of state tuition which is what you'll pay is cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjalika400 View Post
hi everyone. I have recently relocated to brandon area. I need to get my driver's license asap.can anyone pl help me with the contact info of a good motor training instructor or training school for adults in brandon/tampa area (close by 33511 area) to prepare for my road test.

I am also looking for a reputed and reliable software /technical training school in brandon/tampa area with good placement services.

precisely I am interested in .net, oracle and java.

Old 01-10-2008, 04:58 PM

1,404 posts, read 5,701,083 times
There is a license place on Faulkenburg Rd. If you cross over SR60/Adamo Dr. You will go past the rail road tracks and on the right hand side across from the Faulkenburg Jail there is a place where you can do your licenses and tag/titles.

You can also go to HCC, the Brandon branch which is a little past the DMV I mentioned (and down a street). You can't miss it, there are signs. If you want to work with Oracle and such...I worked with Oracle when I worked for MasTec and I had no experience...i just wanted to let you know!

Old 01-10-2008, 05:53 PM

1,053 posts, read 3,368,837 times
I'm not 100% certain on this but there may be an impact fee on a new license fee, rather high from what I've heard, around $400... call ahead to make sure how much you need to bring. Welcome to traffic city...

Old 01-10-2008, 10:41 PM

Hey Jessiesma, yup I need a road test coz I only have texas state id that I received upon taking the written test and never took the road test. So I believe I need to take over the written test followed by the road test to get my driver's license.
right?If you have some good trainer's info please pass it me.
Yup I heard about the community college.So do you think taking classed over there can help me finding a decent tech job? some ppl are discouraging me saying hillsbourough community college doesn't add much value in terms of finding jobs or getting jobs through campus interviews etc.that is making me scared.But certainly tuition fee is a big deal for me....do you have any direct number to their computer dept.? and if you know any placement agency or any tech companies who offer training and job, please send me the details.
really appreciate you help .

Old 01-10-2008, 10:50 PM

Hey mquintana.... thanks for your info. I guess I gotta take written test and road test as I have only texas state id card, not the driver's license.so if you know some trainer to prepare for road test please let me know.

so you took some training on oracle from HCC? what did you do exactly? how was the placement at the end of the course? can you please pass me their comp dept's number. I have been trying to reach em for last 2 days, always going to voice mail, I left msgs, but never got a reply so far.
Thanks a lot for the info, by the way.

Old 01-10-2008, 10:52 PM

yeah, traffic city.......
I'll call em to check the amount I need to bring.

Old 01-11-2008, 11:21 AM

849 posts, read 3,528,688 times
Default yes, I believe

Hey anjalika400, I believe you WILL need to do those tests. sorry I don't have the info. I've been driving too long and didn't have kids in FL. Why don't you google *driving schools/training in Tampa*? Once you get your license, you could trot up to USF. in Tampa. It's not too bad from Brandon. A bit hairy on I-75 for a new driver but there's 301. It'll take a little longer but not much. I know that HCC gave my husband all sorts of promises regarding job placement (not computers) and didn't do a thing. There are places like De Vry. But cost a lot more. Again, why don't you google these things? I have learned so much from googling. HCCs web site is Hillsborough Community College Home Page. You can find that phone number on the Brandon Campus page.

How does getting training not add value to the job finding process? The market might just be tough and of course ALL schools are painting a rosy picture. They are selling a commodity. I would hesitate to go to a private one because if the market is slow, the cost:value ratio may be too high. Dont't see that happening with a public school that provides quality ed. That is what you need to check out. How's their actual training? Getting a job isn't all measurable values. Their are intangibles, "chemistry" between interviewer and interviewee if you will. That's just the facts of life.

I will just say this about other people. Some are just negative and like to spread their negative energy. You just have to give it your best shot and if it doesn't work out, use it as a learning experience. I'm probably way older than you and I've never let other people's discouraging statements stop me. Sometimes they've been right but so what? I learned and went on to get it right. If you are meant to be in IT you will be but you have to get mobilized yourself. You can't expect anyone to hold your hand thru the process. I have a very strong willed daughter who's now 38 and I learned to pick my battles. it was painful to watch but her going thru some tough experiences has made her a better person and an exceptional mom. Don't be afraid of life. It's all you have. Get therapy if you need it but get out there and prove all the naysayers wrong
Best to you. Sorry I don't have more specific info.

Quote:
Hey Jessiesma, yup I need a road test coz I only have texas state id that I received upon taking the written test and never took the road test. So I believe I need to take over the written test followed by the road test to get my driver's license.
right?If you have some good trainer's info please pass it me.
Yup I heard about the community college.So do you think taking classed over there can help me finding a decent tech job? some ppl are discouraging me saying hillsbourough community college doesn't add much value in terms of finding jobs or getting jobs through campus interviews etc.that is making me scared.But certainly tuition fee is a big deal for me....do you have any direct number to their computer dept.? and if you know any placement agency or any tech companies who offer training and job, please send me the details.
really appreciate you help .

Old 01-24-2008, 04:25 PM

1,404 posts, read 5,701,083 times
Quote:
Hey mquintana.... thanks for your info. I guess I gotta take written test and road test as I have only texas state id card, not the driver's license.so if you know some trainer to prepare for road test please let me know.

so you took some training on oracle from HCC? what did you do exactly? how was the placement at the end of the course? can you please pass me their comp dept's number. I have been trying to reach em for last 2 days, always going to voice mail, I left msgs, but never got a reply so far.
Thanks a lot for the info, by the way.
You're welcome! No, I got a job that trained me on it. I can give you the company name and you can see if they are hiring...

Old 01-25-2008, 10:22 AM

58 posts, read 254,864 times
TNC:

Never heard of the $400 fee you mentioned. I moved here a little more than 2 years ago and never paid anything near that range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay