Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 05:37 AM

198 posts, read 225,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinballdad View Post
Yes I am here! Married atm though
Made me laugh.. Sounds like my destiny too..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2015, 05:49 AM

198 posts, read 225,170 times
I moved here 2 weeks ago and I am staying with relatives until the movers deliver from out-of-state.

Let me tell you, there is no dating to be had in the suburbs. If you are single, it seems like you need
to be in South Tampa or downtown St. Pete from 2nd ave pier south to the Dali Museum.
(The Dali is excellent by the way)

Just be careful when looking at areas to be mindful about the "single people factor".

Old 08-24-2016, 11:14 AM

1 posts, read 548 times
where did you end up moving to in Tamp / St Pete? I am in the same boat and thinking to move to St Pete. Any suggestions would be great!!

Old 08-24-2016, 02:13 PM

45 posts, read 57,264 times
St. Pete is beautiful. Downtown St. Pete is where all of the action is right now. Tons of bars, coffee shops, art galleries, vintage/antique shops, boutiques, etc. Very walkable area. If thats too hustle and bustle, try Old Northeast, Kenwood or even out by the beautiful beaches. St. Pete is VERY dog friendly (you can bring your dog into almost any coffee shop/brewery/etc. in the area).

Old 08-24-2016, 03:31 PM

554 posts, read 977,821 times
There are 2 sets of requirements here. The beaches area (st pete beach, maderia, treasure island) will have a lot of bars and places to eat. It is however going to be filled with tourist as that is where all the hotels / condos etc are. DTSP will also have a lot of places to eat and is the hub of the nightlife on this side of the bay. On weekend nights though, it can get a bit overrun with the 20 something set. On weeknights and earlier in the evening on the weekends you can find a lot of the 30+ crowd out and about on central or at the bars on the bay. There also is a lot of live music and a few coffee shops in DTSP and Old NE. DTSP is about a 15 min drive to the beaches. If you don't mind short drives, you could consider living between the beaches and DTSP and be a 10 min drive from either. You did mention congestion, it can be a bit congested as there are a lot of people in Pinellas. Others mentioned Dunedin. It's a pretty little town on the gulf but the demographics will be a bit older.

Old 08-28-2016, 03:11 PM

9 posts, read 5,962 times
Dunedin is the only place I'd consider in Pinellas County. Outside of the old dunedin is pretty much trash just like the rest of Pinellas unfortunately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay